"You're so lucky,,,"

Options
12346»

Replies

• bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    At church the other day, somebody told me how lucky I was I could eat over 2500 calories a day and still loose weight. I told them luck had nothing to do with it. They could do the same thing I am if they had put in the time. All it takes is decades of not working out and eating way to much food. I told them not to envy me because they were to lazy to get up to almost 400 lbs to begin with.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mcnvu77QWN1ra7rbdo1_500.gif
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I guess my point was, I don't care if you're 500lbs and are working towards 450, or 125lbs working towards 120. We're on here supporting each other making changes, succeeding and failing together. I mainly get this from my family, who hates working out, makes fun of me for it, don't watch what they eat and make a scene when I eat a salad or protein drink. Just sad that people don't have the desire to change themselves, but dig deep enough to find a way to act like I'm weird for doing it. So I ignore, move on and smile as know I'm making healthy choices ;-)
  • gluestic14
    gluestic14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had people say that or at a family meal at say Thanksgiving, they will look at my plate and in front of everyone kinda loud be like "Is that all you're going to eat??" but really I've got like 3000 calories on my plate lol. I don't really like the attention that it brings because I'm clearly not starving myself or anything but people will automatically go there. I think that people just don't realize how much food they are REALLY eating. I know that I didn't before I started counting calories!! So at Thanksgiving this past year when I really did have 3000 calories on my plate (give or take - I tried to count, really I did :-) and then the people calling the attention have twice as much on their plates and they are the majority it makes it seem like I'm eating nothing. I try to tell them to get on MFP and count with me when they say they want to lose weight, but I haven't had much luck yet. I hope that someday they will, it would be great to have a friend on here with me :-)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Someone that I care about said this to me, but I don't think she meant it in any kind of negative way. When she said it, I could hear the sadness in her voice (she is dealing with weight issues related to a medication she had to take along with some very serious medical issues). Honestly, I just felt compassion for her and I also just felt relieved that she is such a kind person that she can love and respect me and be happy for me and is not the kind of person that would get jealous and be mean because of that. It doesn't bother me if someone says I'm so lucky. I take that as a compliment. If someone insults me or is cruel in some way that would bother me (like when I was a kid I had these 2 friends and one of them put green eyeshadow roughly all over my face while telling me I was so pretty and the other wrapped a scarf around my neck and started to strangle me). But, this person knows the things I have faced in my life (I don't mean the thing those girls did, that was minor in comparison to the stuff I've been through), so I guess if someone was implying that I had never faced hardship, then yeah, that would bother me. But, just saying I am lucky to be slim, fit, or pretty...that's just nice.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I have heard it a few times but they come from girls who are skinner than me, so I think they just say that to be nice or they just assume because I am Asian that I can eat whatever I want and not get fat...

I hate it when I hear people complain that they are heavy but they don't take my advice when I give them tips or try to encourage them to exercise ..