Books! I love books

Options

Replies

• jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Ken Follet books are the best......Pillars of the Earth

Yes! forgot about this and also Jon Krakauer books- Into the Wild and Into Thin Air are two of my all time favorites
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Love Karen Marie Moning's fever series, but still a bit unsure about Ice. Danny is a bit annoying, plus she is only 14, but I guess we will have to see what happens with the character. Occult and dark books; Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dark Hunters (Very Gothic) and The League series.

I haven't read "Iced" yet as I'm finishing a re-read of the Fever series first. I agree about Dani, though. She is really annoying in the Fever books. My cousin said she's not as bad in "Iced" but we will see! I hear that she's going to write more about Mac after she finishes this Dani series.
  • cmae1020
    Options
    I love to read and am always looking for my next book. I've read a little of everything. Twilight series, The Host, Mortal Instruments, Aprilynne Pike, Stephanie Plum, Sookie Stackhouse series, Fifty Shades, Bared/Reflected in you...i'm currently reading Night Circus.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Love Karen Marie Moning's fever series, but still a bit unsure about Ice. Danny is a bit annoying, plus she is only 14, but I guess we will have to see what happens with the character. Occult and dark books; Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dark Hunters (Very Gothic) and The League series.

I haven't read "Iced" yet as I'm finishing a re-read of the Fever series first. I agree about Dani, though. She is really annoying in the Fever books. My cousin said she's not as bad in "Iced" but we will see! I hear that she's going to write more about Mac after she finishes this Dani series.

I re-read the whole series before I read Iced too. In her book she isn't nearly as annoying with her dudes and fecks and she was in Shadowfever so don't worry. At first I was really skeptical of the whole book but by the middle of it I was just as wrapped up in as I was with Dreamfever. But be prepared for only a few mentionings of Barrons and Mac. This is pretty much a Dani story with a few mentionings of Jo and the other sidhe seers.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i just finished "mort" by terry pratchett, currently on "the hobbit", on my to read list is :

rest of wheel of time series (on book 10) by robert jordan
    warped passages, unraveling the universe's hidden dimensions by lisa randall
    tesla : a man out of time by margaret cheney

i love reading. i used to be yelled at by my high school teachers for reading under my desk.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    mists of avalon, anything by stephen king. (:
    ( really any book;, horror, classics, mystery...etc etc )
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought this said 'boobs'. My bad.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love books as well, i wish i could make a living out of reading them..... Maybe I should start a blog about the books I read and maybe just maybe I can make a living out of it..... I've seriously been thinking this all week since I've read two to three books in a day, everyday this week!

I'm really picky and find that if i can't get into the book in the first chapter it ain't happening. I find myself drawn to certain authors: Nora Roberts, Janet Evanovich (I LOVE Stephanie Plum book series!), Nicholas Sparks etc. yup i like romance novels because well i just do :smile:

Lately because I'm poor haha I've been reading a lot of free or inexpensive books on my Kindle right now I am reading The Bad Boy Billionaire Series from Judy Angelo. (though her books aren't long and tend to have the same repeatitive words, oh well they're a kick)
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    @chancellork LOVE ADVENTURE TIME!! :happy:
  • yoga_mel
    yoga_mel Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd NEVER be able to read all the ones i havent read lol I have way too many lol I love books too and buy them faster than i can read them :)
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Vampire Academy...... and its spin-off Bloodlines. Yeah they're vampire novels, but there's a lot more to them than that. Not like Twilight at all. Great story, great characters.

OMG!! I can't agree more! I can't stand Twilight! Bella is sooo weak! On the other hand Vampire academy is awesome!
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time concentrating on fiction (I know, that seems kind of weird) so I tend to read mostly nonfiction stuff. But I am planning on finally finishing Hitchhikers now that I'm out of school and have time. I love it so far.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    City of Ember
    The Historian
    A Certain Slant of Light
    WOOL
    I, Zombie
    Secret Garden
    Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles

just to name a few.
  • tskitzoid
    Options
    Books <3 I looooove to read, been reading since I was little bitty!

Harry Potter, Mortal Instruments, The Olympians, Infernal Devices, House of Night, Darkest Powers, Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Uglies, Hunger Games, Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Monster High,John Dies at the End, Hater, Infected, Dust, World War Z and many others I own all the series mentioned above except HP (lost them during a move) but I really wanna buy sooo many more. Darn books being expensive!
  • DebHutton55
    DebHutton55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am in love with books!!!! My Dad also built the most Amazing bookshelf. I read a lot of Christian books. My favorite is Crazy Love.

Love that book!! Listened to his podcasts until he left the church. Francis Chan is so good.
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm a -HUGE- bookworm! If I'm not reading something, I get pretty antsy. Hency why I'm on MFP at wor, haha.

Right now I'm reading The Fifth Witness (it was on our family's Nook, and I read everything else). I plan to start A Song of Fire and Ice (aka the Game of Thrones books) soon afterwards.
  • SkienDhu
    SkienDhu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    James Lee Burke. He has been around for ever but I just found him. What a great story teller.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options

I hope so, I really liked how Mac developed as a character (for some reason I could not stand her in the first book (too pink for my taste), but I'm glad I read the entire series because of her growth . There is always the possibility that Danny will develop and change too and become more rounded.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time concentrating on fiction (I know, that seems kind of weird) so I tend to read mostly nonfiction stuff. But I am planning on finally finishing Hitchhikers now that I'm out of school and have time. I love it so far.

I don't think it's weird at all! I enjoy some non-fiction (creative, science, or philosophy, mostly) right along with my fiction. It's funny, because many people I know who say they prefer non-fiction all seem to gravitate to Hitchhiker's guide!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I am more of a listener than a reader. I spend about 2.5 to 3 hours a day in a car. Here are my favorites. Only the first one is in any order.

Robert Jordan- Wheel of Time Series
    George RR Martin
    Robin Hobb
    Jim Butcher- the Alera series is good.
    Brandon Sanderson-mistborn and Stormlight archive.
    Joe Abercrombie- George RR martin ish, but darker.

It is almost January 8th! It will be a happy day in my nerdy little world. . . . 21 years of reading coming to a conclusion (finally).

From Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson.

Light and Power exploded from the Dragon Reborn. He was like an entire army of channelers. Thousands of shadowspawn died. Deathgates sprang up, striking across the ground, killing hundreds. The Asha'man Naeff - standing beside Bashere - gasped. "I've never seen so many weaves at once," he whispered. "I can't track them all. He's a storm. A storm of Light and streams of Power!"