Why you souldent eat back your calories

Options

Replies

• HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    look in the subject line...

Well your lack of correct spelling makes me not believe you.

...Nothing was spelled wrong.... sooo, wtf are you talking about? Does this mean you automatically believe OP, now?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    The Best Piece of Weight Loss Advice Ever Exercise is not a license to eat. “All too often clients believe that any exercise gives them permission to eat more,” says Moore, “The truth is, it rarely balances out calories consumed.”

"Wrong," says Dave, "The truth is everything NinerBuff said."

"Well, Dave, I'm not sure how I feel about your input" was Bill's response. "I don't trust people of your race."

Damn that Bill is a '50s style racist.

"Geez, Bill, I think you should open your mind to the power of diversity and perhaps you'd be less grumpy if you ate back your exercise calories," Dave retorted.

Moore interjected, "Remember me? I started this *kitten*. I read a study one time. Well, actually it was a news article about a study which I didn't read. I think the gist was exercise calories though. So - Bill, Dave - quid ergo sum pappajohn I'm right!"
  • MrsBrosco
    Options
    What kind of statement is that? Your post doesn't even attempt to prove your topic heading. I call Shenanigans.

Shennanigans has been called. the tribunal will now meet.

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FiveElevenClimb
    Options
    What kind of statement is that? Your post doesn't even attempt to prove your topic heading. I call Shenanigans.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Hey Farva whats the name of that restaurant with all the funny s**t on the wall?"
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    MFP already puts me in a deficit so if I chose to not eat back my exercise calories, I'd have too much of a deficit that I'd be starving! I will continue to eat back my exercise calories. I've lost 21lbs since I've started my weight loss on MFP and if eating them back really 'hindered' weight loss, those 21lbs wouldn't have been lost.

Like button
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I dident write this I( Copied and pasted it) just saw it on a web site based on advice by 17 Dietitians and thought it was somthing worth sharing.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    The Best Piece of Weight Loss Advice Ever Exercise is not a license to eat. “All too often clients believe that any exercise gives them permission to eat more,” says Moore, “The truth is, it rarely balances out calories consumed.”

Who is this Moore you are quoting?? If you want people to take anything you say seriously, you need a *little more* than what is presented here.

I was curious to. Looks like it's pasted from this article: http://fitbie.ca.msn.com/slideshow/best-piece-weight-loss-advice-ever/slide/19
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    look in the subject line...

Well your lack of correct spelling makes me not believe you.

...Nothing was spelled wrong.... sooo, wtf are you talking about? Does this mean you automatically believe OP, now?

"souldent" should be spelled "shouldn't"
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    sllpeonig is irvarlenet msot ov teh tmie. yuo acn raed tish pfeertlcy wlel cna't uoy?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I dident write this I( Copied and pasted it) just saw it on a web site based on advice by 17 Dietitians and thought it was somthing worth sharing.

I'll bet no one ever understands your ransom notes
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Extreme deficits can deter weight loss and stun metabolism. There is a balance, and while exercise doesn't justify gorging oneself, it does justify eating back calories burned if daily deficit has been already established.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This man is correct in both his analysis and choice of football teams. He wins.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiBJWON-cTIoz6waeExE87PJLh27AfSPCv_aDK9xpZwle1svmmKARNOjf3
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    quote from the actual article:
    Exercise is not a license to eat. “All too often clients believe that any exercise gives them permission to eat more,” says Moore, “The truth is, it rarely balances out calories consumed.”

So, almost a complete contradiction with the OP: it just says don't eat more than you burn. Duh.
  • Allfor3
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SylentZee
    Options
    tracey-morgan-nope.gif

HAHA, classic.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    it's a very open ended statement... yes, I too know people who think because they did a workout they can then shoot to McDonalds, eat what they want and as much as they want, because they exercised that day. You can eat more, just not to the degree some people think they can. It's balance, as with everything MFP helps you realise.

This used to be me. That's why I'm not a fan of eating back your calories burned, because it can give me a false sense of security. I had such horrible eating habits prior to finding a healthy eating plan and I didn't really understand good nutrition. I lost my weight with Weight Watchers, and they have a few different options - you can eat your activity points, your weekly points, or both.

I prefer to eat a higher daily goal of calories, all of my weekly, and not touch my earned activity.

It comes out to be the same - it's just a preference for how you like to track.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Oh look! A butterfly!
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Why are we starting this crap again? Either fuel your body or it fuels itself... Fat loss > weight loss.

AMEN!
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options

"Wrong," says Dave, "The truth is everything NinerBuff said."

"Well, Dave, I'm not sure how I feel about your input" was Bill's response. "I don't trust people of your race."

Damn that Bill is a '50s style racist.

"Geez, Bill, I think you should open your mind to the power of diversity and perhaps you'd be less grumpy if you ate back your exercise calories," Dave retorted.

Moore interjected, "Remember me? I started this *kitten*. I read a study one time. Well, actually it was a news article about a study which I didn't read. I think the gist was exercise calories though. So - Bill, Dave - quid ergo sum pappajohn I'm right!"

Agitated, Steve interrupts, "Dave, Bill, Moore - could you guys keep it down? Dr. Oz is on."