Why you souldent eat back your calories

Options

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3170S9fPZHLIFwa2SkqJfUxGzctEJD5pJJm8zTHuddreoGY0GWgcOMKoS
  • sanaai726
    Options
    Uhmm... I think they were talking about the post topic having a misspelled word-Speaking as an high school English Teacher, I’m pretty sure shoulden't is spelled incorrectly!!! Try SHOULDN'T
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    quote from the actual article:
    Exercise is not a license to eat. “All too often clients believe that any exercise gives them permission to eat more,” says Moore, “The truth is, it rarely balances out calories consumed.”

So, almost a complete contradiction with the OP: it just says don't eat more than you burn. Duh.

thread-fail-stamp.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    It will put a dent in your soul.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    What kind of statement is that? Your post doesn't even attempt to prove your topic heading. I call Shenanigans.

Shennanigans has been called. the tribunal will now meet.

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
    Farva What is that place you like to eat? .... "What do you mean Shenanigans?"
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I dident write this I( Copied and pasted it) just saw it on a web site based on advice by 17 Dietitians and thought it was somthing worth sharing.

I'll bet no one ever understands your ransom notes

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    thread-fail-stamp.gif

To be fair this thread was failed from the very start
  • aminakhan1980
    aminakhan1980 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The never ending debate. God help us all.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO0.jpg

Thanks for that ;)
  • gigineve809
    gigineve809 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always eat back the calories I've burnt....80lb lost so far....I'll say no more :smile:
  • Barbarapurnell09
    Options
    I eat back some or all of my calories and I have lost 37lbs. Make healthy choices and follow MFP it works!:wink:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Well your lack of correct spelling makes me not believe you.
    Yup.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Ugh, not this again.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This site is designed with the intention of eating them back.

I ate all mine back.

I still eat all mine back.

"License to eat"? I don't see how I could have been successful if I had felt deprived. If I wanted to eat more, I worked for it. The concept seems simple, really, if you don't try to twist it and make it difficult.

I love to eat.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    don't eat more than you burn

WHOAAAA! Easy with the new science there, buddy. You're going to offend a lot of folks around here with that blasphemy.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Oh, this poor, poor, dead horse. Why do some insist on beating it repeatedly?
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You're comparing apples to oranges. Eating back your ACTUAL calories is different than thinking "any exercise gives you permission to eat more" (than you've burned).

I prefer to think about it the way I once saw it worded: "You lose ounces in the gym but pounds in the kitchen." Reminds me that controlling the food is the real issue. IMO, food is for losing weight, exercise is for gaining fitness. Two different things.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I think our culture in general today is prone to over-indulgence and excess. I've found the mindset "I worked out, so I can eat whatever I want" to be very damaging. We should focus on having balance and moderation and not necessarily link our exercise habits with our eating.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The never ending debate. God help us all.

It's only a continuing debate because some people refuse to sit down and do the math.