Rude/mean people on here

Options

Replies

• amrita0286
    Options
    Just ignore them is my advice. There's a lot of people on here who are not here to make friends, but there's just as many here who are. So just find the ones who are supportive and ignore the ones who are not. :)
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I hate you all

and I hate all of you...well except for those chesticles, we three can be friends
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    OP does this mean you do not want an invite to my NC17/Uncensored and offensive group ? We've got cookie!
    Cookie? Is that what you're calling poo pics now?
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    Options
    OP does this mean you do not want an invite to my NC17/Uncensored and offensive group ? We've got cookie!
    Cookie? Is that what you're calling poo pics now?
    Don't be jealous of my epic poo pic
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I hate you all

Notice that the person who made this post JennaM222 is a smoking hottie. This lends further evidence to the theory that the mean people are the attractive ones. I haven't done the legwork to demonstrate a disproportionate number of attractive people be vitriolic as opposed to unattractive people being that way but there could be something there.
  • elkat782
    Options
    It is discouraging to see people treat one another like that, isn't it? I agree with you, it's the least constructive thing possible and while some people on this thread insist that it is pointless or pathetic to start such a discussion I want to assure you that it is NEVER a waste of time to promote kindheartedness and inclusion. Well done. We're supposed to be here to support one another and I for one plan to uphold that responsibility :)
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I for one want to join the fray! Yay! We are cleaning up the internet. From this day forward, every post will be nothing but kittens, bows, and flowers. Welcome to Nirvana. Looking back, I will be able to tell everyone "I was there!"

You forgot some commas. "I, for one, want...."

Wow, you are mean! I wish someone would start a thread calling out mean people like you!
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

this is beautiful.
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Agree
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

You've got one cookie? How do you all... Wait... No... Don't answer

I think he meant nookie.

Are you sure he didn't mean wookie?

all-for-the-wookie.png?cb5e28
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    "Good luck to you in your efforts to make everyone in the world a nice person by starting a thread."

^ this. Sharing ecstasy freely would be a better strategy.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I hate you all

Notice that the person who made this post JennaM222 is a smoking hottie. This lends further evidence to the theory that the mean people are the attractive ones. I haven't done the legwork to demonstrate a disproportionate number of attractive people be vitriolic as opposed to unattractive people being that way but there could be something there.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    "Good luck to you in your efforts to make everyone in the world a nice person by starting a thread."

I'll take some. *holds out hand*
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

^^ I am for this X method!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    Options
    I hate you all

revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg
  • GammaKathy
    GammaKathy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sadly this site is just a reflection of where society is. People feel it is their right to say whatever they think, but don't consider the feelings of others. From the pages I have reviewed here I really feel like there are some people here with NO intention of fitness, but just to be mean. Some of them are so inappropriate I wouldn't be surprised if they have been removed from other sites. It's too bad that this seems to be the way society is in general.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    HEre's my two cents,

I've been around about three months, I post a lot, but not as much as some people who you see in every thread. When I first started here, I thought they were mean people. After reading a few threads I remember to get my head out of my a ss and not take sh it on the internet so seriously. Now it's just funny.

Like with life, take everything with a grain of salt. Are people being mean purposefully? Rarely. Are you projecting your own feelings onto how you *think* someone intended somethign? Most definitely.

I've said stupid things and got called out on it. I felt bad but then I was happy that they corrected me. Now I tend to just go in every thread one of those core people goes in. I'm too scared to friend them still cause we never interact, but I like reading what they have to say.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I hate you all

It is really impressive that this movie is still relevant to this very day.
    revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    A lot of us are here because real life is too flippin serious, and interacting with people who appreciate snark and sarcasm with good humor is fun for us.

Also we're jerks
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think that the people that have got lots of posts on MFP are the ones that tend to `jump` on the new people that have added a thread, which is very sad, seeing as they were `new ` here at some point.

Threads get repeated a lot and it can get a little tiresome, but no matter how `boring` or ` repetitive` they get if you feel as a member of MFP then are we not here for similar reasons and can not a `newbie` feel that they can look for some support.

Jokes, images and sarcastic comments are par for the course but deliberately putting people down for the spelling etc. Is that really needed?

It really comes across each and everyday that it is members that spend a lot of time posting that are the ones that make remarks that are really uncalled for?

If someone calls someone a name or makes fun of their spelling, etc - there is the report button.

Do the new people on here really need to press the `report ` button for someone calling them a name or incorrect spelling?

I would think no?

Maybe it would be a bit nicer for other members to hang loose with the comments/corrections and offer a little more constructive advice??