MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    should I go into the back corner and

th?id=H.4703668588579100&pid=1.7&w=209&h=130&c=7&rs=1

???????
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    How have I not heard about this #thongthursday?
    #MirrorMonday (take a pic of yourself in the mirror)
    #TittyTuesday (take a pic of your cleavageage)
    #AssWednesday (take a pic of your derriere in a tight pair of pants)
    #ThongThursday (take a pic of your buttfloss)
    #FriskyFriday (take a frisky pic of some sort)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    CAnt we all just get along, get drunk and have sex!

i second this
  • Fitnessfriend10
    Options

And then at night, Rob has "sessions"
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

did you JUST grab my *kitten*?:noway:

Sir its physically impossible for me to grab your *kitten* from here!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I would be the one that is open to discussion?
    Perhaps you are confusing being "open to discussion" with "agreeing with my opinion". Plenty of folks have opined in regard to the topic. Some have agreed with you, plenty have not. There is not a lack of discussion in the thread.

I have not stated an opinion just an observation??
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys. This is Like, Real Life.

It is REALLY hurtful when someone living hundreds of miles away from me, that I will never know in "real" life makes me feel dumb for not knowing what a NSV is.

So hurtful...
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure MFP would be MFP if someone didn't make this post everyday.

At least it didn`t get locked!

Let`s hope that the trolls dissolve into oblivion and that others are allowed to discuss???

And which would you be?

You would be???
    The one that would be tired of people whining. I thought that was evident by my posts!!

Then if you are tired by it go get some rest?
  • MikeyD1280
    Options

did you JUST grab my *kitten*?:noway:

Sir its physically impossible for me to grab your *kitten* from here!

I know your tricky ways...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are confusing being "open to discussion" with "agreeing with my opinion". Plenty of folks have opined in regard to the topic. Some have agreed with you, plenty have not. There is not a lack of discussion in the thread.

You have observed that several people have disagreed with you in this thread, but yet you have not been prevented from voicing your opinion. So how exactly have you observed that opinions have been surpressed?

Are only those that agree with you allowed to participate in the discussion?

Because that kind of sounds like that is what you meant.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    thread got boring

oh well
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    The problem is that so many times people are called rude/mean/bullies simply because THEIR opinion doesn't match what the poster WANTS to hear. Granted, there are cases of people just being douchecanoes b/c they can.

But more often than not it's a case of "I'm going to ask a question and if you don't tell me what I want to hear than you're just a big meany poo poo head!"

I'm sure that's the case sometimes, but, there are also many times where the snarkiness is just uncalled for. I think there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but petty, rude behavior is a wholly different beast than honesty.

I recently posted about something I was experiencing, and curious if other pregnant women had as well. I wasn't asking advice, or opinions on what to do about the experiences, yet one particular commenter felt the need to remind me that this isnt a doctors office, in a way that wasn't helpful, but rude. My thought was 'thanks Albert, for telling me something I already knew- you really added something to the conversation.' That kind of snark, as well as berating someone for grammar/spelling mistakes is, what I believe the OP was referring to.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I think this post needs to be made. I just saw a thread where one person made fun of someone for misspelling words. I also saw one person call someone "retarded" yesterday. How is that motivating or supporting someone? It doesn't matter what message board it was on, there is no place for it here. This is a website that people join in order to get healthy, get fit, make new friends, and gain motivation for reaching their goals. There is absolutely no reason for people to be mean to others on this site (or in general).

Thanks. I hope everyone agrees.

those things really motivate me :-/ Im sorry

If im working against myself, and someone hugs me and tells me itll pass, It makes everything WAY WORSE. it's a kind of sabotage for me. When I feel like I can't go forward, or Im stuck and I've paralyzed myself - I want someone to get in my face and say- well- I guess you were just fraking lying when you said you wanted this, loser. Why don't you prove me wrong, or all your haters right. Your choice, p****y.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    OMG you guys. This is Like, Real Life.

It is REALLY hurtful when someone living hundreds of miles away from me, that I will never know in "real" life makes me feel dumd for not knowing what a NSV is.

So hurtful...

NSV?

Need Some Vagina?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Bingo! And by that definition, when someone doesn't "agree with my opinion" they are trolls. The epitome of whining is to call people who disagree with you a troll.
  • paperhawk
    paperhawk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's the way life is, toughen up. This is good practice for the real world, we can't all live in a TV Land, Leave it Beaver sitcom. There are mean folks out there... folks that hate puppy's, penguins, trees, and fat people.

To me the snark-y and mean are less of a problem than the perpetual whiners. Nothing works for them, they are the exception, and though they can't open their food diary or swear to "honesty logging" everything they stuff into their pie-hole they seem to really need someone to commiserate with.

It is possible to have a medical reason for weight retention, but the odds are super low.

If you think you are one of those people, see your doctor and then take his advice. Besides, it's lifestyle change for a life time that will work, nothing less. When I see comments about difficulty with the holidays and eating or after thanksgiving some gaining 5 or 10 pounds, you can tell no real lifestyle change is taking place. Every year from now on will have "those" holidays, better to deal with them now and going forward.

Other than that, as a rule it seems "most diets work, people are the problem.":smile:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdd46e5AAV1qmy8hdo1_500.gif
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

Thanks! I was needing this list. And theres also "Throwback Thursdays" Thats when you set your avatar pic as a pic of you years ago... :smile: So like, I need to get my "Starshots Feather-Doo" pic out now.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    maxwell_smart__confused.gif

Observation is based on one's perception. Voicing what you are observing, based on your perception, would be tantamount to opining.