Rude/mean people on here

Options

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    ....Man. You could almost hear this post flying down hill....
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    A lot of us are here because real life is too flippin serious, and interacting with people who appreciate snark and sarcasm with good humor is fun for us.

Also we're jerks

^This too. :laugh:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Sadly this site is just a reflection of where society is. People feel it is their right to say whatever they think, but don't consider the feelings of others. From the pages I have reviewed here I really feel like there are some people here with NO intention of fitness, but just to be mean. Some of them are so inappropriate I wouldn't be surprised if they have been removed from other sites. It's too bad that this seems to be the way society is in general.

Wrong. When people ask for advice they should be given the truth rather than what they want to hear. The fact that this is considered "mean" is the problem with society. People would rather hear lies than the truth because the truth is difficult. That's part of the reason everyone's fat. No one will tell them because it's mean.

Also wrong. When someone spouts some bullsh!t it should be called as such. In real life and on the internet. Letting people slide on bullsh!t is another thing that has gotten to the point where we are in society. You can't hurt anyone's feelings and if someone wants to say that eating granite is a great way to lose wait then that is their opinion and it should be accepted as just fine. No, it's bullsh!t and should be identified as bullsh!t.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think that the people that have got lots of posts on MFP are the ones that tend to `jump` on the new people that have added a thread, which is very sad, seeing as they were `new ` here at some point.

Threads get repeated a lot and it can get a little tiresome, but no matter how `boring` or ` repetitive` they get if you feel as a member of MFP then are we not here for similar reasons and can not a `newbie` feel that they can look for some support.

Jokes, images and sarcastic comments are par for the course but deliberately putting people down for the spelling etc. Is that really needed?

It really comes across each and everyday that it is members that spend a lot of time posting that are the ones that make remarks that are really uncalled for?

If someone calls someone a name or makes fun of their spelling, etc - there is the report button.

Do the new people on here really need to press the `report ` button for someone calling them a name or incorrect spelling?

I would think no?

Maybe it would be a bit nicer for other members to hang loose with the comments/corrections and offer a little more constructive advice??

I constructively think that a fitness site design to help you get in shape in part by offering you a place to load progress pictures is no place for your goofy dog pictures
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    If someone calls someone a name or makes fun of their spelling, etc - there is the report button.
    Seriously? You proposed everyone report people to the mods just because we can't all sit in a thread and sing "Kumbaya"?

I bet you're also one of the ones that reports everyone's thong pics to the mods on #ThongThursday....
  • sjohnny
    Options
    ....Man. You could almost hear this post flying down hill....

It wasn't a very long flight.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Also we're jerks

Ain`t that the truth!!! couldn`t have phrased it better!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure MFP would be MFP if someone didn't make this post everyday.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    The thing that bugs me is that everyone thinks that everyone else should be curious or give a rats *kitten* about what they think. I don't run around here shaming people very often, but some people just have no gd filter. You have just as much negativity on here as you do positivity, most people's problem is that when they're having a crap day they focus on the bs thread filled with negativity instead of the bs threads filled with rainbows and unicorns. I mean seriously, I bet that person who gave you an 8 and said you were totally smashable was also lying to you, but quite frankly you'll never know because it is the interwebz and chances are you weren't actually flattered anyway.
    Now, if everyone will just get back to being ****ing snarky I can resume my day.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Every day
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Yes. Every time someone makes this post, the top stops spinning, and I know this is real.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Rude/mean people on here don't bother me at all. It's the whiny people that I can't stand! :angry:
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every time someone makes this post, the top stops spinning, and I know this is real.
    Ha!
  • firstsip
    Options
    Sadly this site is just a reflection of where society is. People feel it is their right to say whatever they think, but don't consider the feelings of others. From the pages I have reviewed here I really feel like there are some people here with NO intention of fitness, but just to be mean. Some of them are so inappropriate I wouldn't be surprised if they have been removed from other sites. It's too bad that this seems to be the way society is in general.

Forget it, the picture's not working:

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine. It's no more than a whine. 'I find that offensive'; It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that'; well so ****ing what?" - Stephen Fry
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

At least it didn`t get locked!

Let`s hope that the trolls dissolve into oblivion and that others are allowed to discuss???
  • firstsip
    Options

This post is my Moll, to be honest.
  • Fitnessfriend10
    Options
    I'm going to get the biggest plate of barbeque tomorrow night
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Stop whinning everyone is mean the world is full of asshats and penguin ****ers just dance :D

Seriously if your SO upset by what someone said use the BLOCK button :)
  • Fitnessfriend10
    Options
    Stop whinning everyone is mean the world is full of asshats and penguin ****ers just dance :D

Seriously if your SO upset by what someone said use the BLOCK button :)

Tell that to the children of the sudan
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    NoWhining_1506697.jpg