Rude/mean people on here

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Why are there always 2 question marks at the end of your statements?

Not being snarky just curious.
    Plus, why are there questions marks after what appear to be statements, rather than questions? It's a bit confusing as we discuss things.

maybe they think this is the "Questions only" thread

Maybe it is the `stop being snarky at new people` thread?

And who are you to dictate how people should think and act?

I have never suggested how people should think and act have you?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    YALL ARE FORGETTING A VERY IMPORTANT DEMOGRAPHIC!

those of us that are only motivated by tough love, that want ZERO squishy warm and fuzzy when we are full of BS and in our own way.

huffs.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    I'm crying. You people are frikking hilarious!

The fat vag thread wins 41 internets.
  • twinketta
    Options

those of us that are only motivated by tough love, that want ZERO squishy warm and fuzzy when we are full of BS and in our own way.

huffs.

I think that you represent the epitome of what I have posted...maybe I am wrong maybe I am right, who knows?

Go for it!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Yeah, that was a fun thread. too bad it got locked!
  • twinketta
    Options
    There are 2 question marks because it happens to be very confusing. ie the statements made don`t make a lot of sense?
    Are you not sure whether the statements don't make a lot of sense, or are you sure that they don't make a lot of sense? The question mark at the end of what you wrote would lead me to believe that it is a question, and you are not sure.

You need to get with the language honey! not trying to be mean but I don`t want to fall into the layer cake of what this original post is about ok?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Cuz fat peoples is the friendliest peoples on eart.

tumblr_m360ggBSkH1rsaqlvo1_400.gif

OMG this scared me.. He/She/It looks like it's getting to maximum warp and will soon explode!
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options

Yeah, that was a fun thread. too bad it got locked!

Booo! :(

Anyway...flame on, friends!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    x3x19cb8dd7838c84c7ccbdd82524b98ecc.jpg
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    There are 2 question marks because it happens to be very confusing. ie the statements made don`t make a lot of sense?
    Are you not sure whether the statements don't make a lot of sense, or are you sure that they don't make a lot of sense? The question mark at the end of what you wrote would lead me to believe that it is a question, and you are not sure.
    You need to get with the language honey! not trying to be mean but I don`t want to fall into the layer cake of what this original post is about ok?
    I need to "get with the language"? Forgive me, but it was a legitimate question. I was making an effort to understand what you wrote, as what appeared to be a misplaced question mark made it difficult to understand.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,122 Member
    Options
    obsessive.jpg
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    back to the original topic-AGREED

but yes,tough love is one thing but we all know and have read A LOT of rude comments.

you think those people would have the balls to call someone out to their face like they do in threads?

NOPE
  • bearsgal9
    Options
    I think this post needs to be made. I just saw a thread where one person made fun of someone for misspelling words. I also saw one person call someone "retarded" yesterday. How is that motivating or supporting someone? It doesn't matter what message board it was on, there is no place for it here. This is a website that people join in order to get healthy, get fit, make new friends, and gain motivation for reaching their goals. There is absolutely no reason for people to be mean to others on this site (or in general).

Thanks. I hope everyone agrees.

I agree 100% but unfortunately you can’t avoid people like that so the best thing is to just ignore them and hope they will find somewhere else to get their jollies on!

Personally I feel if you don’t know me then your judgments of me don’t matter… I spent too many years worrying about it that I don’t care anymore. None of us is perfect so until you are you can shut your piehole! :smile:

If no one ever taught them “if they don’t have something nice to say then don’t say anything at all” then I feel sorry for them.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    obsessive.jpg

I second this..LMAO
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    back to the original topic-AGREED

but yes,tough love is one thing but we all know and have read A LOT of rude comments.

you think those people would have the balls to call someone out to their face like they do in threads?

NOPE

I hate this thought process. Sure there's people who feel more freedom on the internet, but many of us are who we are regardless of a computer screen. I'm very vocal about ignorance, bigotry, etc. I call people out for hypocrisy, ignorance, inaccuracies, etc. I've done it at work, I've done it with family, I've done it in classes, etc.

I'm the person that you people in school either applauded for saying something to someone no one else would (which has happened to me several times), or hated because I was saying the things you didn't want to hear.

You must be around many non-confrontational people.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words typed in sarcasm by people I have never met will damage me for life!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words typed in sarcasm by people I have never met will damage me for life!

*dies laughing*
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

huffs.

I think that you represent the epitome of what I have posted...maybe I am wrong maybe I am right, who knows?

Go for it!

Go for what? I asked for tough love motivation.... AND are you saying that i am the epitome of this:
    Personally, I think that the people that have got lots of posts on MFP are the ones that tend to `jump` on the new people that have added a thread, which is very sad, seeing as they were `new ` here at some point.

Threads get repeated a lot and it can get a little tiresome, but no matter how `boring` or ` repetitive` they get if you feel as a member of MFP then are we not here for similar reasons and can not a `newbie` feel that they can look for some support.

Jokes, images and sarcastic comments are par for the course but deliberately putting people down for the spelling etc. Is that really needed?

It really comes across each and everyday that it is members that spend a lot of time posting that are the ones that make remarks that are really uncalled for?

Please cite examples of how Im this bch that terrorizes new people.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    some people are d-bags. ignore them and stay with people that help you
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

tumblr_manxt3CV0U1r76lino1_500.gif