Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbafgsvEJ91rud5iso1_500.gif
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like an internet forum to bring out the wolf in some people.
    My suggestion, put them on ignore. They aren't supportive folks, and don't deserve your attention or energy.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Why do you think it needs to be said? The people that post those kinds of things are not going to change. Someone makes one of these posts at least once a day. Search for 'mean people' or 'bullies'. If it violates the rules then report it. If it does not then put them on ignore. These hair-flip posts just stir the pot.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

has this been posted before?

hmm?
    Nope. I'm pretty sure this is the first time this has ever been posted in any internet forum ever. EVER EVER!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Do not agree.
  • vicktoria339
    Options
    Well said, totally agree! Ive had people be rude to me on here and i kinda wonder what the point was - its not like their opinions actually matter! On the other hand tho, i still cuda done without it ...
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%.
    I have read some nasty stuff on here- Sad.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I wish u all good on you're wait lost journeys!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Someone disagreeing is often thought of being rude/mean - it is not. For someone actually making verbal attacks - that is what the report button is for.

And please do not take this to be a personal insult or me being rude or mean, but this topic is posted multiple times a week (sometimes day) and it will not change anything - it's the interwebz and this site is pretty mild compared to most.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I think this post needs to be made. I just saw a thread where one person made fun of someone for misspelling words. I also saw one person call someone "retarded" yesterday. How is that motivating or supporting someone? It doesn't matter what message board it was on, there is no place for it here. This is a website that people join in order to get healthy, get fit, make new friends, and gain motivation for reaching their goals. There is absolutely no reason for people to be mean to others on this site (or in general).

Thanks. I hope everyone agrees.

Hi, Purdy! I see this nonsense all over the internet, especially on news article comments. That and non-related comments was why I left AOL for Yahoo. But I see the same nonsense in Yahoo, too. It's usually much better on strictly-moderated sites, where the moderators don't put up with that sort of nonsense.

But you're right: being mean or making fun of someone for misspellings isn't helping. Enough already!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Meh.

Just break up.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I know the Internet

Come with me if you want to live
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    wow you really hit the nail on the head there.....
    17again0127.gif \m/
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    but you'd think weight loss sites would attract a different caliber of people.

Why do you think a weight loss site with hundreds of thousands of users would only contain people who agree with everything you say?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Well said, totally agree! Ive had people be rude to me on here and i kinda wonder what the point was - its not like their opinions actually matter! On the other hand tho, i still cuda done without it ...

"Not like their opinions actually matter...."

EXACTLY. Everyone move on.

Moar mean people!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I think this post needs to be made. I just saw a thread where one person made fun of someone for misspelling words. I also saw one person call someone "retarded" yesterday. How is that motivating or supporting someone? It doesn't matter what message board it was on, there is no place for it here. This is a website that people join in order to get healthy, get fit, make new friends, and gain motivation for reaching their goals. There is absolutely no reason for people to be mean to others on this site (or in general).

Thanks. I hope everyone agrees.

Sadly, there are a lot of people that use the internet that seem to have nothing but time on their hands to make sarcastic/nasty comments to other people.

These people hide behind the anonymity of their computers...what is more sad is that `they` probably in the real world are a little sad and friendless and find internet bullying/trolling is the way to improve their own status in their `own world`

But there have been many posts on MFP with the same question and ultimately they fall into `popcorn n bacon` that is that the threads attract the very type of person that you don`t want to attract.

If the world was a nice place we wouldn`t have wars.

You can always click on the `ignore` feature to not have to read some of the more `unsavoury` replies
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Calling people idiots? Hypocrite

Sarcasm.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Trust me, I know the Internet, but you'd think weight loss sites would attract a different caliber of people. I'm also on Fitocracy and I haven't seen any snarky comments on there. Just a shame.

Why exactly would you think that? Are all fat people and once fat people motivating and nice where you live? Do people generally meet your politeness standards for having been fat?

I know some rude fat people. And some humorless ones.

Edited for syntax.