Replies

• lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I don't know ... I kinda like it
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Normally, I would say you need to toughen up, but you're right. Mean people can be so MEAN. Just recently, I was called he worst stalker on MFP and it hurt. It just hurts so bad.

Stalkers have feelings too. Even the bad ones like me. OP, could you pass me some tissue?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I agree that people shouldn't be such huge douchenozzles. But they're gonna be huge douchenozzles.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Maybe it will sink in THIS time
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Ok..first, I came here to track calories...not make friends. Granted, I did run across some really really awesome people and a lot of them reside on my friends list. Let me say that again my friends list.

I don't need to be cuddled or hugged or have my motivation stoked by people I don't know. I need to kick myself in the butt to get me motivated, because, in the end, it's just going to be me and scale or tape measure or barbell or buffet line of food.

If you think people are mean, well, I'm sorry to hear that for you. But...this is the internet, and it's made up of so many different types of people. What is mean to you is not mean to someone else. What's rude to you may not be rude to me. You don't get to make that assumption for me. If someone is rude and I don't like it, then one of two things will happen...I will tell them myself or I will ignore them.

Thank you for voicing your opinion. You have that right. Please, in the same note, allow me the courtesy of voicing mine..which may sound rude and mean to you.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm writing a Psych paper on this. :/
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    but you'd think weight loss sites would attract a different caliber of people.

Why do you think a weight loss site with hundreds of thousands of users would only contain people who agree with everything you say?

Yes, that's what I was wondering. Would you define "different caliber"? What is it that you're looking for?
  • evandehey
    evandehey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The rules for messages boards on MFP expressly prohibit flaming or trolling. If you see questionable content, report it to the site administrators! I agree the world is full of major douches and that you need to have a tough skin, but it's also reasonable to expect not to be flayed because your spelling skills aren't the best.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    ...plus, many people take what is written out of text, that is why me and my girl never have deep conversations (anymore) through texting, most of the time, the other end of the text is taking the message wrong...
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

^^^Case in Point^^^
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Normally, I would say you need to toughen up, but you're right. Mean people can be so MEAN. Just recently, I was called he worst stalker on MFP and it hurt. It just hurts so bad.

Stalkers have feelings too. Even the bad ones like me. OP, could you pass me some tissue?

The truth hurts I know....doesn't make it less true though!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    The problem is that so many times people are called rude/mean/bullies simply because THEIR opinion doesn't match what the poster WANTS to hear. Granted, there are cases of people just being douchecanoes b/c they can.

But more often than not it's a case of "I'm going to ask a question and if you don't tell me what I want to hear than you're just a big meany poo poo head!"
    :drinker:
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Even when "nobody" writes something exceptionally stupid?

I think sometimes people do get what they deserve.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Agreed...

if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say it at all!

Unless it's for a fitness tip, you can correct someone POLITELY and give them advice. But don't call them names!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    This is a website that people join in order to get healthy, get fit, make new friends, and gain motivation for reaching their goals.

you forgot "entertain themselves".

<~~ I'm one of those rude/mean people so just go ahead and click the little drop down arrow under my picture and then hit IGNORE. You're welcome.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Calling people idiots? Hypocrite

Sarcasm.

sarcasm isn't allowed on the interwebz. You see there's no smiley for that so people my take your seriously and then think you're rude or mean.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I wish u all good on you're wait lost journeys!

Example of someone making a sarcastic comment ^

Just because someone has lots of posts doesn`t mean they are a nice person just maybe that they spend too much time trying to bring their post numbers up???
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think this post needs to be made. I just saw a thread where one person made fun of someone for misspelling words. I also saw one person call someone "retarded" yesterday. How is that motivating or supporting someone? It doesn't matter what message board it was on, there is no place for it here. This is a website that people join in order to get healthy, get fit, make new friends, and gain motivation for reaching their goals. There is absolutely no reason for people to be mean to others on this site (or in general).

Thanks. I hope everyone agrees.

I agree, I try to be nice and offer help when I can. I always follow the old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all!"

All it does is cause problems, if you can't be uplifting and helpful why even bother?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    u-mad-come-at-me-bro.jpg?w=468
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, those people are everywhere. Especially online :-(