Rude/mean people on here

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I agree the world is full of mean people and we'll never be able to escape the haters, but this is supposed to be an encouraging, safe forum.

If we really are going to consider correcting someone's spelling "unsafe" the real world is going to scare the crap out of some of you.

You're calling someone mean and nasty for what my grade school teachers were paid to do.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Calling people idiots? Hypocrite

Sarcasm.

M8Wgt.jpg
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Holy not safe for work.
    Wha...? My moobs? Of course they are safe for work.
    Trust me, I know the Internet, but you'd think weight loss sites would attract a different caliber of people.
    Why would people here be any different than any other segment of the population? In my experience, the crowd here appears to be a pretty representative slice of the general population.
    I'm also on Fitocracy and I haven't seen any snarky comments on there. Just a shame.
    Fitocracy is much less forum-centric, where MFP is very forum-centric. Hence, the higher incidence of "snarky" comments -- along with any other kind of comment.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on the internet

Hopefully you will see the irony in my fix.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I think you're fine. Some people are assertive about their rights to be arrogant and snarky. Yep, it's their right. It's also my right to feel sorry for them because they are so negative and seem to get a lot of their self-worth by acting condescending to others on a support site. *golf clap*

I mean, just look at how many people with thousands of posts needed to take time out of their busy posting days to berate you for asking for better etiquette and esprit de corps. I'm just glad I don't have to work with them. Imagine them in meetings. *shudders* Half of them are probably at work right now or maybe even in a meeting while they're reading this.

Yes, I'm being hypocritical by saying mean things about them. I'm cool with that.:bigsmile:
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    it hurts my feelings when people misspell words. IT HURTS SO BAD.

being nice all the time is boring.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Thank you for changing the human race. No one has thought of this tactic before. Ask and it shall be done.

Thanks, but I don't intend on changing the human race. Those idiots will still be around :)

Nobody should have to worry about getting rude comments on their posts on this site.

Calling people idiots? Hypocrite

Sarcasm.

Funny thing about that....

could it be that the people you are calling out for being mean/rude are possibly being Sarcastic as well? I'm sorry we did not realise you were the one that had the corner on that market....the sarcasm market....

OMG...... mind=blown
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    23736869.jpg

There's an ignore feature (where I have personally placed several *kitten*) and a report button.

/end thread
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I know the Internet, but you'd think weight loss sites would attract a different caliber of people. I'm also on Fitocracy and I haven't seen any snarky comments on there. Just a shame.

Why would you think that???? People who pay attention to their weight and composition are notoriously kind hearted? I am sorry, I just don't get the logic behind that. If anything, I would expect it to be a little rougher. A lot of people here have been picked on for years and are a little bitter about it. Then, you have the people who try to genuinely give good advice, but, because it isn't what someone wanted to hear, they are "mean". They often turn into people who have gotten where they are going and have picked up some sarcasm on the way, partially (I believe), because people who say they want advice, only want advice that involves chocolate cake and pizza.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I think the OP just called all fat people retarded

lollzzzzzzz!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm writing a Psych paper on this. :/
    YOU WIN ALL THE COOKIEZ!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    emopete.gif
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Where do all of these people live where everyone is nice and supportive?
    As many of you know I am raising an army and those are the places I plan to attack first.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I'm only rude to the meanies. *Kanye shrug*
  • motherofdragons84
    motherofdragons84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of online forum posting.

Not to sound harsh or anything but this is pretty much what you will get anywhere you go. People love to hide behind computers and bully strangers. It's sad really.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    but, but, fat people are supposed to be jolly......
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Unless it's for a fitness tip, you can correct someone POLITELY and give them advice. But don't call them names!
    Honestly, how often has anyone seen name-calling in the forums? It's pretty rare. Folks opine, agree, disagree, rebut, but I rarely see name-calling. When it does occur, everyone (even the trolls and folks with senses of humor) calls them out.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    The rules for messages boards on MFP expressly prohibit flaming or trolling. If you see questionable content, report it to the site administrators! I agree the world is full of major douches and that you need to have a tough skin, but it's also reasonable to expect not to be flayed because your spelling skills aren't the best.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

I was HELPING my friend who is dyslexic. Helping is not mean.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    riuu8p.jpg
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Cuz fat peoples is the friendliest peoples on eart.

tumblr_m360ggBSkH1rsaqlvo1_400.gif