Why do people hide their diaries?

Options

Replies

• Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is personal for me and my food diary is for my accountablity, no one else's. I log everyday and honestly even when I go over or its a weekend of pizza and crap. I can see where I do good and I can see where I do bad. I'm the one who has to live in this body and learn how to eat and exercise to get to and maintain a healthy weight. Its my diary and my journey.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    n3ovgn.jpg
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Mine is open and public, because I'm like the honey badger....
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have enough trolls in my life without making myself available to the many many we have here. My diary is for my own use.
  • Blondie_05
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only. :)
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't keep mine open because I don't want any advice or accountability for my diet.

This x2.
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only. I have nothing to hide. I do give some of my friends grief when they don't have their's available to view by their friends or me. lol. I like to critique people's food. You all are on here for encouragement. Open it up, let people view and I bet you'll clean up your food intake. :)

I think people would clean up their diaries, not always their actual food intake. It depends on how they work and why they're using the site.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    n3ovgn.jpg
    I was thinking 'I'm NEVER eating Cheetos again!!!'' But, that's a lie. I will still eat them.
  • ice171
    ice171 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Who are these people giving advice?? I have my open to everyone and would love some! Getting to 11% bf wasn't all that difficult but getting below that seems impossible!
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open in hopes that I can help others and also to help me be accountable for myself. If people are looking at my diary I tend to be more careful with what I eat and that helps me eat better. My husband laughs about that because I log my food so I could log what ever I want. This is true but who am i lying to if not to myself???? My friends know when I go sideways on a weekend I log it all and take accountability for and then press on from there!!! I have been successful in my journey and I want others to benefit too! I think that's the RN in me. ;0)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My diary has ALWAYS open for all to view. I don't give a crap who looks at it. Actually, I wish more people would look at it. Maybe, someone could look at it and learn something from it and use it to help themselves. After all, I have had some decent success.

I have had a few really BAD BAD days. Mostly awesome days.

To all of the people that do NOT want their diary critiqued by others. NOT one person has ever contacted me(friend or otherwise) and critiqued mine.
  • teryx123
    teryx123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just old fashioned. Looking at someones food diary feels to me like peeking in their underwear drawer. :noway: Some things are just wrong :embarassed:
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest ... Anybody had a look see at the OP's diary?
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Yep..It looks Yummy! I look at peoples diaries just to get some ideas and calories of different foods.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Nobody's business but mine, my bf and anyone I choose to be friends with and I plan to friend somewhat carefully. If I find someone isn't supportive or is not good for my health, I'll unfriend them. Right now, I have all the support I need from people in my life, but I am happy to encourage others and if they want to encourage me that's great. I currently have 4 friends. Two are from MFP and live in my general area, one is my bf and the other is a friend I thought might find the exercise lists helpful.

And, no, I don't think strangers need to see that I could be the poster lady for the Ihop diet. I've joked to my bf that we could become the "Jareds" of Ihop. If I ever feel the need to ask for advice, I'll open it. For now, I've been consistently losing 1-2 pounds/week and am happy with that. I think it's pretty open of me to share my weight in my signature thing. Telling my bf my weight was hard...posting it publicly was a huge deal for me.
  • CarlieeBear
    Options
    I guess I'm just old fashioned. Looking at someones food diary feels to me like peeking in their underwear drawer. :noway: Some things are just wrong :embarassed:

Like!
  • CarlieeBear
    Options
    My diary has ALWAYS open for all to view. I don't give a crap who looks at it. Actually, I wish more people would look at it. Maybe, someone could look at it and learn something from it and use it to help themselves. After all, I have had some decent success.

I have had a few really BAD BAD days. Mostly awesome days.

To all of the people that do NOT want their diary critiqued by others. NOT one person has ever contacted me(friend or otherwise) and critiqued mine.

I also don't want people to follow my example. What I do works for me for now. If someone saw my diary and decided they could eat some of the things I eat because it works for me, it could totally mess them up. I don't want to inspire people to eat worse than they do. I'm working on eating better, but I have to do things when I'm ready. I've made major changes, but still am not a great example of healthy eating.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    befriend me if you want to see mine :smile: ...however, some days I am a bad influence :tongue: ...

I like to view diaries ...it gives me ideas and it helps me realize that I can eating things in moderation and still get results
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Because creepers like the OP exist. If she wants food ideas get a recipe book! Eugh! I allow my friends only to look at my diary just like i only allow friends to look at my facebook account.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Yep..It looks Yummy! I look at peoples diaries just to get some ideas and calories of different foods.

LOL!
    Actually - yes - I treated myself to a MaccyD brekkie today and hellllllll-fire that's a ton right there. I used to have those EVERY Saturday, and then stopped when I was commuting to journo-school for a year. Think that was my first since the summer!!!

Gotta say though,
    Pizza, KFC, McD and steakhouses (based in the US) doesn't really give me much inspiration, but it is scarily fascinating seeing the cal count for those places.

Then again.... I moved less than a mile from the main road between 2 towns, and it's like the bermuda triangle for pizza delivery people.
    And neither of the two towns either side of me have a KFC!!! (Surely that is punishable by some ancient bye-law?)

And see now I crave popcorn chicken!