The Friend Request Gauntlet

Options

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Bah. I think I missed an option about including a message. Can I sneak another one in now? :P

g) Check for a message. Does it exist? Did the spelling and grammar errors make you cringe?
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    A & B
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    B
    C
    D - can happen with or without and message. It's my page I do want I want! Boom.
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    B
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    F
    B
    C

The F is to check for a message, I always include one when I invite.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    A.

Really, it's no big deal. If they turn out to not fit, there's a button for that.

^^ this ^^
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    B, G. If there's a message I generally add them. If there's no message I look at their profile. If it isn't filled out or if it's clear they are starving themselves then I decline.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I analyze their spirit guides to see if they sync with mine...I mean who wants spirit guides that don't get along, right?
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I analyze their spirit guides to see if they sync with mine...I mean who wants spirit guides that don't get along, right?

I think a pink'ish orange aura is far more indicative of compatibility.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    20121127-word-of-sauron.jpg
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    A.

Really, it's no big deal. If they turn out to not fit, there's a button for that.

^This
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

My spirit guide can beat up your spirit guide.

But he won't.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Wonder why they chose me. I'm not a nice person.

this and then D. If I don't recognize someone from the forums or my friends FLs I'll ask my FL for any dirt. 95% of them I decline. the other 5% is immediately referred to the disclaimer on my profile. they need to know what they are getting themselves into.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I use their friends list, profile info, and diary info to figure out whether or not I'm dealing with someone with an ED first and foremost. If they are, or if they're a beachbody coach, I decline. All others, I accept. If they don't give me enough info to go off of, then decline.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Mostly B .

I like friends who are active on the boards too then you can see the real personality
    come out.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If they have a (non-creepy) message, I accept.

If they don't, I check their profile. A blank profile and blank photo with no posts on the forum... deny.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    A

There is always the delete button if they have an ED or are a little creepy.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Furthermore I don't understand why people get so butthurt over the friend accepting methods of others.

I don't want every single MFP member in my business and with some of the drama idiots cause, some caution isn't a bad thing.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    a). Then I wonder why they wanted to be friends in the first place. I usually message them and ask them why.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    B
    C
    D - can happen with or without and message. It's my page I do want I want! Boom.

How we became friends is a funny story, but lets not talk about that..