The Friend Request Gauntlet

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    What kind of sick weirdo are you?!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships, on fire, off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the tannhauser gate.

. . . and all these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

over-friendly-friend-meme-generator-hi-i-don-t-know-you-but-we-should-be-friends-4afba6.jpg?1343425483.jpg
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Seems legit. Only 247 friends.

O_O
  • chocl8girl
    Options
    Seems legit. Only 247 friends.

O_O

Err...well, since I answered A), I accept everyone, that would be why. I rarely ever send out my own friend requests, but if someone wants to be friends with me, have at it. They seem to be impressed by my weight loss, for the most part, even though I highly doubt I can really inspire anyone to be anything lol. I specifically interact with very few people on my list, mostly just here in the forums. *shrug* But I like you and your weirdness, anyway, I'll just stalk, I mean talk to you on the forums. :P
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Err...well, since I answered A), I accept everyone, that would be why. I rarely ever send out my own friend requests, but if someone wants to be friends with me, have at it. They seem to be impressed by my weight loss, for the most part, even though I highly doubt I can really inspire anyone to be anything lol. I specifically interact with very few people on my list, mostly just here in the forums. *shrug* But I like you and your weirdness, anyway, I'll just stalk, I mean talk to you on the forums. :P

Not judging as much as it sounded like. I can't juggle my 26, that's all :-D And yes your results are awesome and I enjoy stalking you, too. BUT NOT IN A CREEPY WAY I DON'T WANT TO WEAR YOUR SKIN!
  • chocl8girl
    Options
    I enjoy stalking you, too. BUT NOT IN A CREEPY WAY I DON'T WANT TO WEAR YOUR SKIN!

WHY NOT?????? DON'T YOU LOVE ME??????????
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    A.

I live on the edge.

JM
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    When someone sends you a friend request, do you

a) Just hit Accept. What is the worst that could happen?
    b) Immediately check out their profile. Is it filled out? Is it funny/scary/informative? Are there naughty/hot photos?
    c) Check out their Friends list. All men? All women? Is your arch nemesis there?
    d) Subject them to the immediate scrutiny of your existing friends. Crowd sourcing for the win!
    e) Resort to tools such as Google and Tineye. What is the REAL dirt on this person?
    f) Other

Inquiring minds want to know!

A. I'm not on MFP to treat it like Facebook or others.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I randomly pick any of the options, totally depends on the person's profile pic and if they sent me a message or not.

no message=no approval

(unless I belong to a certain group, and I recognize the person, the message is not required)
  • mmiski
    mmiski Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    says the one who has no head on there profile pic? LOL
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    A.

Really, it's no big deal. If they turn out to not fit, there's a button for that.
    This. Gotten rid of a few that way!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    B.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I randomly pick any of the options, totally depends on the person's profile pic and if they sent me a message or not.

no message=no approval

(unless I belong to a certain group, and I recognize the person, the message is not required)

This. I generally don't accept if no message (unless I recognize them), and accept most people with a message unless it's "I WANT TO X YOUR Y BABY" Then it depends on the profile pic...
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just curious what's wrong with someone that has an ED? I get the creeper part of not wanting to add. Anyone that has issues with food (ie binge eating) has an eating disorder.

Have you ever been upset and eaten then regretted it? ED
    Have you ever not eaten when you are upset? ED
    Have you ever eaten so much you feel like you're going to be sick? ED

Granted those examples are only if they start to rule your life, but come on there are so many people that have issues with food. It's not just the girls that starve themselves that have a problem. So that would be most of the people on here. I have an ED and I am a very nice person. I don't encourage EDs they suck.

That being said, I have people on my FL who accept me for who I am. They are supportive and understanding. They do not judge me.

Just wondering what the issue is with having a friend with an ED would do to make someone uncomfortable.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Usually just hit accept, but I also have no problem getting rid of people if they don't log, or get annoying.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    When someone sends you a friend request, do you

b) Immediately check out their profile. Is it filled out? Is it funny/scary/informative? Are there naughty/hot photos?
    c) Check out their Friends list. All men? All women? Is your arch nemesis there?
    d) Subject them to the immediate scrutiny of your existing friends. Crowd sourcing for the win!
    e) Resort to tools such as Google and Tineye. What is the REAL dirt on this person?
    f) Other

Inquiring minds want to know!

Me!
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    WHY NOT?????? DON'T YOU LOVE ME??????????

rick-james-gimme.gif
  • farfoorah
    Options
    Deny if I can't find myself sleeping next to them.
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wonder why they chose me. I'm not a nice person.

LOL too funny
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Just curious what's wrong with someone that has an ED? I get the creeper part of not wanting to add. Anyone that has issues with food (ie binge eating) has an eating disorder.

Granted those examples are only if they start to rule your life, but come on there are so many people that have issues with food. It's not just the girls that starve themselves that have a problem. So that would be most of the people on here. I have an ED and I am a very nice person. I don't encourage EDs they suck.

That being said, I have people on my FL who accept me for who I am. They are supportive and understanding. They do not judge me.

Just wondering what the issue is with having a friend with an ED would do to make someone uncomfortable.

what about creepers with ED?
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options

what about creepers with ED?
    A creeper's a creeper their eating habits have nothing to do with it.