The Friend Request Gauntlet

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    WHY NOT?????? DON'T YOU LOVE ME??????????

rick-james-gimme.gif

44443_700b.jpg

cool,funny,witty,best,friend,art,bw-51fafaadbe1404269cc7e056fc6e9a37_h.jpg

:flowerforyou:
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    B

I don't like blank profiles. Mainly because if they don't have a picture or any info, I automatically assume they are ultra-creepy and have someone locked in their basement.

Otherwise, I accept. And if they turn out to be weird later, then I delete.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Deny if I can't find myself sleeping next to them.

I'll leave before you fall asleep.
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much an 'A' kinda guy. I prefer FR with a message, but don't require it.

I pretty much only unfriend people who are inactive for 30 days or longer.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    B
    C
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    A & B. The whole interview process before accepting someone is a little much. That delete button can be magical.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    When someone sends you a friend request, do you

a) Just hit Accept. What is the worst that could happen?
    b) Immediately check out their profile. Is it filled out? Is it funny/scary/informative? Are there naughty/hot photos?
    c) Check out their Friends list. All men? All women? Is your arch nemesis there?
    d) Subject them to the immediate scrutiny of your existing friends. Crowd sourcing for the win!
    e) Resort to tools such as Google and Tineye. What is the REAL dirt on this person?
    f) Other

Inquiring minds want to know!

B and C!!
    And F, there's gotta be a message!
  • coe28
    Options
    B

I don't like blank profiles. Mainly because if they don't have a picture or any info, I automatically assume they are ultra-creepy and have someone locked in their basement.

Otherwise, I accept. And if they turn out to be weird later, then I delete.

:laugh:
  • coe28
    Options
    Just curious what's wrong with someone that has an ED? I get the creeper part of not wanting to add. Anyone that has issues with food (ie binge eating) has an eating disorder.

Have you ever been upset and eaten then regretted it? ED
    Have you ever not eaten when you are upset? ED
    Have you ever eaten so much you feel like you're going to be sick? ED

Granted those examples are only if they start to rule your life, but come on there are so many people that have issues with food. It's not just the girls that starve themselves that have a problem. So that would be most of the people on here. I have an ED and I am a very nice person. I don't encourage EDs they suck.

That being said, I have people on my FL who accept me for who I am. They are supportive and understanding. They do not judge me.

Just wondering what the issue is with having a friend with an ED would do to make someone uncomfortable.

what about creepers with ED?
    A creeper's a creeper their eating habits have nothing to do with it.

I think he meant Erectile Dysfunction...
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    A. A message is always nice, but I accept everybody. I guess I'm kind of an MFP Slut that way.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    A.

Really, it's no big deal. If they turn out to not fit, there's a button for that.

Yep.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I just click accept almost always.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I typically don't send requests to people that get so damn hung up on the "including a message" that they feel the need to put a whole paragraph lecturing about it in their profile.

It seems quite pretentious and self important.

I have made a few exceptions to that because my friends are super awesome. :wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    As for accepting. I will read the profile and if they seem like we'll have something in common or if I recognize them from the board, I accept. If it doesn't work out later, I'll delete them.

I don't accept if they haven't filled out a profile or have any pictures.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Just curious what's wrong with someone that has an ED? I get the creeper part of not wanting to add. Anyone that has issues with food (ie binge eating) has an eating disorder.

Have you ever been upset and eaten then regretted it? ED
    Have you ever not eaten when you are upset? ED
    Have you ever eaten so much you feel like you're going to be sick? ED

Granted those examples are only if they start to rule your life, but come on there are so many people that have issues with food. It's not just the girls that starve themselves that have a problem. So that would be most of the people on here. I have an ED and I am a very nice person. I don't encourage EDs they suck.

That being said, I have people on my FL who accept me for who I am. They are supportive and understanding. They do not judge me.

Just wondering what the issue is with having a friend with an ED would do to make someone uncomfortable.

what about creepers with ED?
    A creeper's a creeper their eating habits have nothing to do with it.

I think he meant Erectile Dysfunction...

bazinga.jpg
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    A
    Purely out of laziness
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    I cast the runes.

Also, if there's no profile pic (doesn't even have to be you), or no message I'll decline (unless it's someone I know or a friend has recommended them and they are starting out).

Honestly, you don't want me as a friend. I'm a nutty fruitcake.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Blood & urine sample

LOL!! That sounds reasonable :p

FR sent w/ mailing address.

lip_licker.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I typically don't send requests to people that get so damn hung up on the "including a message" that they feel the need to put a whole paragraph lecturing about it in their profile.

It seems quite pretentious and self important.

I have made a few exceptions to that because my friends are super awesome. :wink:
    I have that. I added it because so many people are annoyed by it.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    All! LOL@ arch nemesis