Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting,

Options

Replies

• zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Thanks for using the deaths of children as a platform to share your political agenda.

For real! It's a tragedy, plain and simple. Mamas are grieving for their babies right now :( They need our thoughts and prayers.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    makes me want to home school my daughter
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    The U.S. has had too many incidents, too close together, of crazy people with guns going off and shooting innocents.
    How many months ago was Colorado?
    It's heartbreaking that yet another has whipped out a gun, killed children and adults at a school, and then turned his gun on himself.
    It is important to discuss how such tragedies can be prevented in the future.
    Such a discussion is not politicization, but a drive for rationality.

I totally agree with you. It is just that people need a little more time. I have no doubt the debates will be forthcoming sooner than we want them to be. There have been elementary school (a.k.a. young children barely more than babies) shootings before in the states, but as far as I can recall this is the worse I have ever heard of (anyone know if this actually is the worse in US history?). Honestly, it is so unbelievable that someone would shoot innocent school children that I can't even wrap my brain around it (and I don' have kids). So if you are not in the US I can understand why you'd want to discuss this now, but this is huge. So please just give us some time to process the events.

I really hope this is not related to some 2012 nonsense as someone pages back suggested. Ugh.

I wasn't suggesting it be discussed NOW. Just saying that you can't totally toss out the idea of discussion.
    And discussion doesn't automatically mean gun control.
    Sigh ... people get crazy.
    It is time to grieve, but not time to put away rationality.

I hope you don't feel like I was picking on you because I agree with you. And it really is hard to separate the crime from the weapon and circumstances. That part is definitely coming soon enough. But with that said, I don't think all of the details have even been released yet so it is probably best to have all the facts before trying to sort it out.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @Jindra- Thanks for using the deaths of children as a platform to share your political agenda. Complete with cartoons.

Liberals always called for more gun control laws after shooting spree incident. I don't like it but the Liberals took our valuable defensive tool away from us which it enabled this incident (27+ people dead because no one could eliminate the threat fast enough before the cop could do their job).
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Shooter 24 years old. Went to kill the mother of his child who is a teacher at the school.

It was his own mother :/ It appears he killed his father at home, as well. (Just from what I'm gathering from news sources)
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    CNN is reporting it was a 24 year old man who's mother taught at the school. The mother's classroom was the one he went into, after the principals office. Apparently another body was found at the shooters home.

Heart breaking.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Really people. STOP with the whole debate on what country is messed up or debating about Gun Control. JUST STOP! Little kids just died this morning. Can't you just keep your opinions on these things to yourself for a day?

I am reading this thread to also get updates on what is going on and to share in my sympathies with the families.

SO STOP WITH THE AGENDAS AND ARGUMENTS. Go start a new thread elsewhere if you want to get into these other topics.
  • LaceyMorley
    Options
    I just want say f**k work and go get my kids right now...

I hope the shooter rots for all eternity in the deepest, darkest pit of hell.

I feel the same way. My daughter is about to get off the school bus and I so want to be there to hug her tight.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Shooter 24 years old. Went to kill the mother of his child who is a teacher at the school.

You are right. His mother.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    His mother was a teacher at the school and he quote "wanted to kill what she loved"

Is it his mother, or the mother of his child?
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I cant read anymore...just can't process this ...the horror...so incredibly sad... :(
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    @Jindra- Thanks for using the deaths of children as a platform to share your political agenda. Complete with cartoons.

Liberals always called for more gun control laws after shooting spree incident. I don't like it but the Liberals took our valuable defensive tool away from us which it enabled this incident (27+ people dead because no one could eliminate the threat fast enough before the cop could do their job).

Just go away, this is not the time nor place.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    30 total killed so far..with 18-20 of them being children :(
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    his facebook page..

http://www.facebook.com/rlanza
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Prayers for everyone.
  • LaceyMorley
    Options
    this makes my heart hurt.

When I heard the news I literally thought I was going to be sick. An elementary school for god sake! I had to run to the bathroom and cry. I couldn't even control it. My daughter is in preschool at a public elementary school and I just can't even think about it. The children, their families...
  • LaceyMorley
    Options
    My 11 month old niece (in my profile pic) is in daycare in Newtown. The daycare is in lockdown still but she is safe.

Please pray for all the families involved in this horrible tragedy....who kills little kids 10 days before Christmas? My heart is breaking.

Glad she is okay! What a precious little face :)
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

You're a moron.
    Seriously...just f*cking drop it.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    The facebook page seems to have been made unavailable.
This discussion has been closed.