Lame.

Options

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    What I find lame is confusing disagreement with ñegativity or meanness. If you're saying something either incorrect or against common wisdom...you can expect yo be disagreed with. That doesn't make what is being said mean. There is no rule here that we all must agree. I will grant that sometimes things could be stated more diplomatically ...but not agreeing is not the same as nastiness.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    ñegativity

you and your foreign words lol
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This thread was neither supportive nor motivational.

You're fired!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much why I don't post topics. I'll comment, but that's it. I get what the OP is saying; and I also understand the contrary viewpoints.

I think there's a balance; no, we don't have to be rainbows, glitter and sunshine to motivate one another, but there is a difference between being blunt and being rude.

Candid: "Don't blame others for your predicament; you're a grown woman, you have to want to do it. No one else can want it for you."

Rude: Guess what? It's your own fault! They're not trying to lose the weight, you are"

Both are correct, but which one is helpful, and which one is not? I think that's what the OP is trying to get across.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Aw, OP... I feel for you. Although you're kind of gettin riped on this one - I agree with your original point. The forums do tend to get kinda negative and bashy. You end up getting to the point that you don't read the responses - cuz they come down on ppl pretty hard.

I love the .gifs, though :).

My suggestion would be to get a nice set of friends in your list - and do the majority of your interacting with them. There are a lot of people on here that are actually very thoughtfull, encouraging, and intelligent....

Best of luck :)
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    What I find lame is confusing disagreement with negativity or meanness. If you're saying something either incorrect or against common wisdom...you can expect yo be disagreed with. That doesn't make what is being said mean. There is no rule here that we all must agree. I will grant that sometimes things could be stated more diplomatically ...but not agreeing is not the same as nastiness.

Precisely. Telling someone to put on their big girl panties is not the same as insulting them. Sometimes motivation means telling someone to suck it up. I can't imagine my trainer saying, "Oh, I'm sorry you're sweaty and out of breath. You can go ahead, put down the weights, and go have a cupcake." Please. :huh:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    balls.
  • kjsupermom01
    Options
    :wink:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    you must be pooping wrong
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Oh god, not this again!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

is there a right way?
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options

is there a right way?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813554-do-i-poop-wrong
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    you should start a group full of rainbows and unicorns and only invite other people who need to have their hand held and be treated like a baby every step of the way :)

and if you dont want to to that... then...

Welcome to the forums were people are snarky, and 90% of the time the conversations turn into arguments then end up as GIF threads.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

is there a right way?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813554-do-i-poop-wrong

all 5 of my kids just came running into my room thinking i was crying... IM LAUGHING SO HARD!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Support =/= Agreeing or Coddling.

If all the support you ever got was "Go for it! That isn't completely pointless, dangerous or ridiculously complicated compared to what it needs to be!", most people asking for support wouldn't get very far.

Support is being realistic with people.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Im sure Karma is super intent on watching the goings on of a free forum based calorie counting site. just like God and Sauron.

You're the reason I'm fat

You're the reason I'm on a mesa

you two are the reason I snorted water out my nose.

You're the reason we can't have nice things.
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    i wish people were more supportive of my poor food choices that i make contstantly lol im constantly on and off the band wagon :) i get a nice kick in the *kitten* everytime in on this site.

I am however concerned if i am pooping right...

BRB i have a thread to read.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    i wish people were more supportive of my poor food choices that i make contstantly lol im constantly on and off the band wagon :) i get a nice kick in the *kitten* everytime in on this site.

I am however concerned if i am pooping right...

BRB i have a thread to read.

May I suggest you read it while perched on the edge of your toilet?
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    yes i have recently learned the error of my ways....

cant believe i have been driving with my parking break on all these years.... curse my parents setting me up for failure..

Wait... i bet thats why im overweight.... its all my parents fault :laugh: