Lame.

Options
This post is probably going to make a good majority of you angry.
But you know what...I DON'T CARE.
I am angry and need to get this out.
The name of this particular branch of the message boards is "MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT"
And I for one, see very little of that on here...
What I have seen in almost every post I have read is A LOT of tearing people down and people being a-holes to random strangers who are looking for, guess what, motivation and support on their particular weight loss journey...
I don't care who you are and what your story is....but this is supposed to be a POSITIVE place...
And I personally think that if you don't have anything nice to say, get the eff of the message boards...
Because I am not going to tolerate being torn down because you feel bad about yourself and feel the need to be a jerk to make yourself feel better...

Have a nice day...and happy weight loss!
:D

Replies

• bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    not disagreeing at all. In fact i think you nailed it right on the head. But who says motivation needs to be drawn from positive reinforcement? I know that for me, that greatest motivation I have is the people who were trying to be negative and place limitations on me. Just a perspective.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Motivate people by making the majority of them angry?

irony.jpg

ps. This thread should be under Fun and games/ angry rants
  • blackroseorchid
    blackroseorchid Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    not disagreeing at all. In fact i think you nailed it right on the head. But who says motivation needs to be drawn from positive reinforcement? I know that for me, that greatest motivation I have is the people who were trying to be negative and place limitations on me. Just a perspective.

you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...
    Negative reinforcement is really detrimental... I would even go as far as to say some of the stuff I have seen on here could be considered bullying....and I do not tolerate bullies at all...
    No one can limit you, but yourself...and being mean is not a solution to anything...
  • blackroseorchid
    Options
    Motivate people by making the majority of them angry?

irony.jpg

ps. This thread should be under Fun and games/ angry rants

LOL...I love that pic!!
    No, the thread is right where it needs to be...
    Sometimes tough love is the hardest to take...and yes, it may make people angry, but it needed to be said...
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That is your opinion. I respect that. Now please respect mine. Mean is reality. Motivation is BS. If people are discouraged by people typing characters into a keyboard then they were not fully committed in the first place.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    That is your opinion. I respect that. Now please respect mine. Mean is reality. Motivation is BS. If people are discouraged by people typing characters into a keyboard then they were not fully committed in the first place.
    Motivation is far from BS. That being said, I will not support stupid and destructive actions.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The name of this particular branch of the message boards is "MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT"
    What I have seen in almost every post I have read is A LOT of tearing people down and people being a-holes to random strangers who are looking for, guess what, motivation and support on their particular weight loss journey...
    I don't care who you are and what your story is....but this is supposed to be a POSITIVE place...
    And I personally think that if you don't have anything nice to say, get the eff of the message boards...
    Because I am not going to tolerate being torn down because you feel bad about yourself and feel the need to be a jerk to make yourself feel better...

Ironic post is ironic
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    but it needed to be said...

Not really - it's been said many many times before.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I feel much better now.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Many, many, many times.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

Many, many, many times.

Can you point me to the rule that says this is meant to be a positive place?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I AGREE 100% OP!!!!!! THIS NEEDED TO BE SAID!!! LAME PEOPLE ARE SOOOO LAME!!!! OMFG AMAZEBALLS POST NOW MFP CAN BE FREE OF ALL THIS LAMENESS!!!!;
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I AGREE 100% OP!!!!!! THIS NEEDED TO BE SAID!!! LAME PEOPLE ARE SOOOO LAME!!!! OMFG AMAZEBALLS POST NOW MFP CAN BE FREE OF ALL THIS LAMENESS!!!!;

that was a little lame.
  • blackroseorchid
    Options

Many, many, many times.

Can you point me to the rule that says this is meant to be a positive place?

Can you point me to the rule that says this is supposed to be a negative one?
    I don't care if it's been said a million times over...
    But I suppose hateful people are always going to be hateful people...free will and all that jazz right?
    Still...it's lame...and I don't think it's right...:D
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I get it now....it's pretty predictable. You made a post this morning and people did not agree with you and expressed differing opinions.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Many, many, many times.

Many, many, many, many times
  • blackroseorchid
    Options

Ironic post is ironic

how funny...I suppose you are the forum comedian?
  • blackroseorchid
    Options
    I get it now....it's pretty predictable. You made a post this morning and people did not agree with you and expressed differing opinions.

do you honestly think I am that small minded?...people are entitled to their opinions....
    I congratulate them on being different...even if they do not agree with mine...:D
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Ironic post is ironic

how funny...I suppose you are the forum comedian?

Even more ironic!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

As always it starts with a post by the OP that went wrong. Here is that post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820117-no-support-from-family-or-boyfriend

No support at home, needs the forums to be nice to her.