Lame.

Options

Replies

• MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    MikkLuhnRozzWhuh Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    So OP, please enlighten me on how your post is motivational?

Personally, I find blind encouragement of stupid actions and agreements on dangerous plans to be demotivational. But please, continue with your outrage. How dare people disagree!

Love this. :D
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    merm-o.gif
    epic-fail-youre-doing-it-wrong.gif?w=750
    dancingcow.gif
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Motivate people by making the majority of them angry?

irony.jpg

ps. This thread should be under Fun and games/ angry rants

LOL...I love that pic!!
    No, the thread is right where it needs to be...
    Sometimes tough love is the hardest to take...and yes, it may make people angry, but it needed to be said...

Exactly....wait....whats the problem again?
  • blackroseorchid
    blackroseorchid Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I get it now....it's pretty predictable. You made a post this morning and people did not agree with you and expressed differing opinions.

As always it starts with a post by the OP that went wrong. Here is that post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820117-no-support-from-family-or-boyfriend

No support at home, needs the forums to be nice to her.

I have no shame for what I posted...and no, I don't need the forums to be nice...because honestly, the world is not a nice place...I just think it's lame that people have no respect for other anymore....and that people feel the need to be mean...
    But that's what I get for being a dreamer and believing that people should treat people how they would like to be treated...
    I really don't care what any of you think of me...you are nothing to me...and this will all be forgotten tomorrow...
    But lolz...this is the internets...and people are jerks on the internets...
    *rolls eyes*
    My gods...do you honestly think linking to my previous thread is going to prove something?

No. I was pointing out a cycle.

In every instance that someone starts a 'the forums are mean' post, there is a forum post by the OP in which they did not get the support they thought they might get. You started a thread saying you have no support at home and your MiL makes you eat unhealthy by always suggesting you go through a drive-through.

Forum members pointed out, that you do not have to eat that food and that your MiL is not force feeding you the food.

Clearly that was not the answer you where expecting.

So now, to close the cycle you make a thread saying everyone is mean. And then get angry when people comment.

Oh no no no...you misunderstand

I didn't say everyone was mean....and I was not angry at the pointing out that she does not force feed me or of the fact that they were pointing it out....I was angry at the post saying I should kick them to the curb and the one saying to "f my boytoy" and then the post about how I choose to address my love.....I just think people should watch how they say and word things...I am not angry that people are commenting....I wanted people to comment...but yes, you are right...I was not expecting all the negativity...I was told by a lot of people who I personally know that use myfitnesspal that this was a positive environment and was shocked to find out it was not so...I am not angry about the opinions people have....I am angry about the way people, like myself, are getting treated...we all want support and encouragement....not to be torn down for things we might not be able to help...
    That is all I am saying...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    So OP, please enlighten me on how your post is motivational?

Personally, I find blind encouragement of stupid actions and agreements on dangerous plans to be demotivational. But please, continue with your outrage. How dare people disagree!

That's what I was saying. Although I didn't cover that 50% of the forum is people complaining about people complaining.
  • blackroseorchid
    Options
    merm-o.gif
    epic-fail-youre-doing-it-wrong.gif?w=750
    dancingcow.gif

ROtF!!!
    xD
    this is awesome!
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    MikkLuhnRozzWhuh Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I get it now....it's pretty predictable. You made a post this morning and people did not agree with you and expressed differing opinions.

As always it starts with a post by the OP that went wrong. Here is that post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820117-no-support-from-family-or-boyfriend

No support at home, needs the forums to be nice to her.

I have no shame for what I posted...and no, I don't need the forums to be nice...because honestly, the world is not a nice place...I just think it's lame that people have no respect for other anymore....and that people feel the need to be mean...
    But that's what I get for being a dreamer and believing that people should treat people how they would like to be treated...
    I really don't care what any of you think of me...you are nothing to me...and this will all be forgotten tomorrow...
    But lolz...this is the internets...and people are jerks on the internets...
    *rolls eyes*
    My gods...do you honestly think linking to my previous thread is going to prove something?

No. I was pointing out a cycle.

In every instance that someone starts a 'the forums are mean' post, there is a forum post by the OP in which they did not get the support they thought they might get. You started a thread saying you have no support at home and your MiL makes you eat unhealthy by always suggesting you go through a drive-through.

Forum members pointed out, that you do not have to eat that food and that your MiL is not force feeding you the food.

Clearly that was not the answer you where expecting.

So now, to close the cycle you make a thread saying everyone is mean. And then get angry when people comment.

Oh no no no...you misunderstand

I didn't say everyone was mean....and I was not angry at the pointing out that she does not force feed me or of the fact that they were pointing it out....I was angry at the post saying I should kick them to the curb and the one saying to "f my boytoy" and then the post about how I choose to address my love.....I just think people should watch how they say and word things...I am not angry that people are commenting....I wanted people to comment...but yes, you are right...I was not expecting all the negativity...I was told by a lot of people who I personally know that use myfitnesspal that this was a positive environment and was shocked to find out it was not so...I am not angry about the opinions people have....I am angry about the way people, like myself, are getting treated...we all want support and encouragement....not to be torn down for things we might not be able to help...
    That is all I am saying...

Stop complaining and prove them wrong.
    So what if you can't help them.
    Do something else and show them that you've got it in you.
    Don't let them bring you down. Nobody said you had to.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    merm-o.gif

^^this
  • ihateroses
    Options
    p.s. If you post on forums you should be ready for real un-sugarcoated opinions. Since we all do not know you personally we dont have to be "nice" just say what we honestly think.

And you obviously expressed what you think very clearly with this thread. :ohwell:

If you want to only hear nice things I suggest talking to someone you know in real life....that way they can tell you everything you want to hear and then talk about you behind your back later...
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    If you want to only hear nice things I suggest talking to someone you know in real life....that way they can tell you everything you want to hear and then talk about you behind your back later...

Wait, people talk behind my back? =\
  • blackroseorchid
    Options
    Just call me Al-tar...
    I think this is enough....
    I am tired....and not thinking all that clearly...
    Good night...
    I am going to go pass out on my face.
    <3

p.s. Thank you all for expressing your opinions....I may not like them all...but such is life...
    p.p.s. Thanks for all the laughs.
    p.p.s.s I am sorry if I came off small minded or *****y....I am really not like that at all...well, *****y yes, but not small minded...
    p.p.p.s.s I also like to argue....forgot to warn you.
    p.p.p.s.s.s I love this community...:D
  • ihateroses
    Options
    Just call me Al-tar...
    Good night...
    <3

p.s. Thank you all for expressing your opinions....I may not like them all...but such is life...
    p.p.s.s I am sorry if I came off small minded or *****y....I am really not like that at all...well, *****y yes, but not small minded...

:flowerforyou:
  • blackroseorchid
    Options
    Also...I forgot...I am bi-polar as well....so take everything I say with a grain of salt and don't let me anger you with my mood swings....
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    This post is probably going to make a good majority of you angry.
    But you know what...I DON'T CARE.
    I am angry and need to get this out.
    The name of this particular branch of the message boards is "MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT"
    And I for one, see very little of that on here...
    What I have seen in almost every post I have read is A LOT of tearing people down and people being a-holes to random strangers who are looking for, guess what, motivation and support on their particular weight loss journey...
    I don't care who you are and what your story is....but this is supposed to be a POSITIVE place...
    And I personally think that if you don't have anything nice to say, get the eff of the message boards...
    Because I am not going to tolerate being torn down because you feel bad about yourself and feel the need to be a jerk to make yourself feel better...

Have a nice day...and happy weight loss!
    :D

I'd like to take the time out to welcome you to the internet. If you don't want to be offended or come across negative people, I suggest you turn off your PC and don't go back on it again, ever. I agree with what has been said, wouldn't you rather hear an un-sugarcoated version of an opinion rather then someone BS'ing you to spare your feelings? I mean, I even replied on that thread you posted a few days ago, I was positive and supportive, and you chose to focus on all the negative people. What does that say? Wouldn't it have been more productive of you, as a "positive person," to make a positive forum thread then to post a negative thread about negativity...? I am confused by this logic.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just call me Al-tar...
    Good night...
    <3

Not being sarcastic here at all (just to be clear as i usually am), but that was one of the best exits from one of these threads I have seen. Kudos!
  • blackroseorchid
    Options
    This post is probably going to make a good majority of you angry.
    But you know what...I DON'T CARE.
    I am angry and need to get this out.
    The name of this particular branch of the message boards is "MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT"
    And I for one, see very little of that on here...
    What I have seen in almost every post I have read is A LOT of tearing people down and people being a-holes to random strangers who are looking for, guess what, motivation and support on their particular weight loss journey...
    I don't care who you are and what your story is....but this is supposed to be a POSITIVE place...
    And I personally think that if you don't have anything nice to say, get the eff of the message boards...
    Because I am not going to tolerate being torn down because you feel bad about yourself and feel the need to be a jerk to make yourself feel better...

Have a nice day...and happy weight loss!
    :D

I'd like to take the time out to welcome you to the internet. If you don't want to be offended or come across negative people, I suggest you turn off your PC and don't go back on it again, ever. I agree with what has been said, wouldn't you rather hear an un-sugarcoated version of an opinion rather then someone BS'ing you to spare your feelings? I mean, I even replied on that thread you posted a few days ago, I was positive and supportive, and you chose to focus on all the negative people. What does that say? Wouldn't it have been more productive of you, as a "positive person," to make a positive forum thread then to post a negative thread about negativity...? I am confused by this logic.

**see above post**
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Just call me Al-tar...
    Good night...
    <3

Not being sarcastic here at all (just to be clear as i usually am), but that was one of the best exits from one of these threads I have seen. Kudos!

She ruined it by posting again. You can't flounce out then come back, you have to properly flounce.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Just call me Al-tar...
    Good night...
    <3

She ruined it by posting again. You can't flounce out then come back, you have to properly flounce.

You ruined it by judging the re-post of someone right after they said they have bi-polar disorder. You fail.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you didn't hear what you were hoping to hear.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Motivate people by making the majority of them angry?

irony.jpg

ps. This thread should be under Fun and games/ angry rants

LOL...I love that pic!!
    No, the thread is right where it needs to be...
    Sometimes tough love is the hardest to take...and yes, it may make people angry, but it needed to be said...

Yet again... more irony.

I don't know what "tearing down" you have seen in this particular forum, but for the most part, what people consider "tearing down" another considers "tough love" and they don't care if what they say make people angry either.