Lame.

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    steve-perry.jpg
    While Steve Perry neither agrees or disagrees with your viewpoint, he is requesting AGAIN that we not abuse Journey \m/

5lDUy.jpg

HAH! That's awesome XD

It is almost too awesome! LMAO!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    When someone posts in this section and their post says something along the lines of, "I have no support at home. My bf/gf and family don't support me so it's making it so much harder!" ...then they get "tough love" from me. I'll probably say something along the lines of, "Stop blaming others for what's in YOUR control. Once you realize that it's all in your hands, you'll do much better." So yeah...some might think that's "mean" but it's the truth. If you can't handle the truth...get off the internet and go cry to your friends who will coddle you!

Well, it wasn't just that. But to go on about how her boyfriend won't go to the gym and her mother-in-law wants fast food...and somehow it's all their fault that she's not exercising or eating better...that's when I have to call Shenanigans
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    This was one of the most pathetic threads I've ever read. Really... Can I have my 3 minutes back please?

Then why read it all?
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    that's when I have to call Shenanigans

LOL @ Shenanigans

In all seriousness, I have to slightly agree with the tough love people. Yes it's hard living in a situation where you are around someone who can and does and will eat anything they please...

In fact I am in that situation, and not only am I the one living with the little eater, I am the one BUYING him wholesome food. losing weight while being a single parent and properly feeding your son is WAYYY harder than saying no to the McDonalds monster.

Those of us who have a harder situation have to actually have temptation within our grasp, we have to know it and love it, because unlike with a drug addiction, we can't just quit food.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Mean is reality. Motivation is BS.

^^^This is BS. We're here to motivate each other, not to tear each other to pieces. If you think "mean is reality", I feel very sorry for you. Sad sad sad.
  • MonDeee
    MonDeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This post is probably going to make a good majority of you angry.
    But you know what...I DON'T CARE.
    I am angry and need to get this out.
    The name of this particular branch of the message boards is "MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT"
    And I for one, see very little of that on here...
    What I have seen in almost every post I have read is A LOT of tearing people down and people being a-holes to random strangers who are looking for, guess what, motivation and support on their particular weight loss journey...
    I don't care who you are and what your story is....but this is supposed to be a POSITIVE place...
    And I personally think that if you don't have anything nice to say, get the eff of the message boards...
    Because I am not going to tolerate being torn down because you feel bad about yourself and feel the need to be a jerk to make yourself feel better...

Have a nice day...and happy weight loss!
    :D

OP, I totally agree with you. People on here are overwhelmingly, needlessly cruel. They do this for many reasons but they all hide behind the anonymity of the internet. I wish you luck and much success in your journey. Ignore the haters!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I don't care who you are and what your story is.
    :cry:
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Be the change you want to see in the world. -Ghandi
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    And I don't mean to be an internet hater in any way possible, but there are only two responses to the OP's original problem, Stab the unsupportive boyfriend & his mother (or just move out), or live with it and find the courage to say no more often.

Outside the confines of those two basic forms of advice, there is nothing the internet can do to help her out, other than tell her that she has it within her to strive for excellence, to reach for achievement, to try and be better each day - and crying and grumbling get us no closer to those goals. We all need help at times, but in the end, WE have to lift the weights, WE have to set the forks down, WE have to be the one who achieves, and no one can do it for us.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Everything youve said is right, even when its wrong. Everything is everyone elses fault. Not yours. Everyone else but you on here sucks and is a mean poo head.

Better now?
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    not disagreeing at all. In fact i think you nailed it right on the head. But who says motivation needs to be drawn from positive reinforcement? I know that for me, that greatest motivation I have is the people who were trying to be negative and place limitations on me. Just a perspective.

you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...
    Negative reinforcement is really detrimental... I would even go as far as to say some of the stuff I have seen on here could be considered bullying....and I do not tolerate bullies at all...
    No one can limit you, but yourself...and being mean is not a solution to anything...

As a psychology major, I virtually face palm to this statement.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    When you come onto a public forum you have to expect to encounter many kinds of personalities. Some will mesh with yours. Some won't.

For some here, at MFP, telling the truth straight up with no holds barred IS motivation. The people here will not lie to you to make you feel good. They will not kiss your boots or encourage you in unhealthy actions.

I, for one, appreciate the brutal honesty that gets handed out around here. If I'm being an idiot, someone on this board is going to point that out. And in a sea of meaningless encouragement a little grain of truth can go a LONG way.

I'm sorry it was hard for you to hear the truth (no more excuses), but you have to know that you opened yourself up to it.

Motivation is NOT someone telling you to stay exactly where you are and it's not your fault.
    Encouragement is NOT encouraging you to blame others for your lot in life.

Motivation is saying you CAN DO BETTER!
    Encouragement is saying It's possible to improve your situation! BUT here's what you have to fix.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

I mistakenly came here for support and motivation, one person even said they were starting a group that I thought looked AWESOME!

I asked to join, and was ignored. That person continually asks people to join, I asked publicly why I didn't get an invite, I was ignored.

Guess what? I decided that person was {insert stream of insulting and derogatory names here} and didn't want to have ANYTHING to do with that person or the group. Obviously, that person does feels that snubbing others makes them feel better about themselves, and in my experience, those types of people don't get that far in life.

Karma is a beyotch, and when it bites, it bites HARD.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

I mistakenly came here for support and motivation, one person even said they were starting a group that I thought looked AWESOME!

I asked to join, and was ignored. That person continually asks people to join, I asked publicly why I didn't get an invite, I was ignored.

Guess what? I decided that person was {insert stream of insulting and derogatory names here} and didn't want to have ANYTHING to do with that person or the group. Obviously, that person does feels that snubbing others makes them feel better about themselves, and in my experience, those types of people don't get that far in life.

Considering you are talking about karma, you certainly have a negative tone to your post. You might want to learn how karma works, as it's based on your own attitudes about life, not on how others treat you. In other words, if you have negative emotions and feelings about life, then you will be visited with negative karma. By "deciding that person was (derogatory name)," you've put yourself in the same exact category as the person you are complaining about. Just thought you should know.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Not getting support here, and not getting support from your Mother In Law, nor boyfriend. Any support from your husband?
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

Considering you are talking about karma, you certainly have a negative tone to your post. You might want to learn how karma works, as it's based on your own attitudes about life, not on how others treat you. In other words, if you have negative emotions and feelings about life, then you will be visited with negative karma. By "deciding that person was (derogatory name)," you've put yourself in the same exact category as the person you are complaining about. Just thought you should know.

When that person snubbed me (TWICE BTW), I had that thought to myself, then I got over it, I don't want to have anything to do with that person, or that group.

Karma is an 'act' or a 'deed' so my thought actually has nothing to do with karma. Snubbing is an act, so therefore will create bad karma.

Just thought I should clarify for you! :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Dear OP,

When that person snubbed me (TWICE BTW), I had that thought to myself, then I got over it, I don't want to have anything to do with that person, or that group.

Karma is an 'act' or a 'deed' so my thought actually has nothing to do with karma. Snubbing is an act, so therefore will create bad karma.

Just thought I should clarify for you! :flowerforyou:

Well, wouldn't posting something negative about the person who was negative to you be seen as an negative act? Just saying...if you want to start getting technical and all...

Now..back to the topic at hand....for those who are calling all of us peeps who just told her to quit blaming everyone else for her problems...before calling us mean and *kitten* - go read the thread. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to sugar coat my answer and she obviously took someone saying to quit making excuses as a negative insult when all it was, was the truth.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Ugh, mispost.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    this is exactly what you are doing right now by posting this message..lol at leasst be nice about it but you were just plain rude
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You're right, the reason you haven't lost weight is because your boyfriend doesn't go to the gym with you