• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome to life.

So nice of you to join us.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I always find it hilarious that every time someone posts the "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all," sentiment, they immediately follow it up by saying things that aren't nice. It never fails.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wow, you actually went and made another topic to complain about how mean people are...which they really weren't. They were just telling you the truth, flat out.

I think maybe you need to be the one to get off the forums and re-evaluate your life and situation...and hopefully your attitude and state of mind. You keep blaming people for everything..and now you are blaming "us". You still aren't taking any responsibility for your actions and I think you really need to start doing that.

Edited to add link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820117-no-support-from-family-or-boyfriend

This is what she's complaining about for anyone that was wondering....
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This post is probably going to make a good majority of you angry.
    But you know what...I DON'T CARE.
    I am angry and need to get this out.
    The name of this particular branch of the message boards is "MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT"
    And I for one, see very little of that on here...
    What I have seen in almost every post I have read is A LOT of tearing people down and people being a-holes to random strangers who are looking for, guess what, motivation and support on their particular weight loss journey...
    I don't care who you are and what your story is....but this is supposed to be a POSITIVE place...
    And I personally think that if you don't have anything nice to say, get the eff of the message boards...
    Because I am not going to tolerate being torn down because you feel bad about yourself and feel the need to be a jerk to make yourself feel better...

Have a nice day...and happy weight loss!
    :D

This is the most negative thread I've read today. OP should ch-chiggidy-check yo'self before you wreck yo'self!
  • mia840
    mia840 Posts: 42
    Options
    Completely agree.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyrzr5uBav1qihvl2o1_500.gif

Everyday is groundhog day in the forums.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I always find it hilarious that every time someone posts the "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all," sentiment, they immediately follow it up by saying things that aren't nice. It never fails.

This. And the Groundhog day gif.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyrzr5uBav1qihvl2o1_500.gif

Everyday is groundhog day in the forums.

I :heart: you!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    steve-perry.jpg
    While Steve Perry neither agrees or disagrees with your viewpoint, he is requesting AGAIN that we not abuse Journey \m/
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4kkcxQg9R1rwcc6bo1_500.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    steve-perry.jpg
    While Steve Perry neither agrees or disagrees with your viewpoint, he is requesting AGAIN that we not abuse Journey \m/

5lDUy.jpg
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyfkx77Hfg1r9orhdo1_500.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    You are unbelievable.

I need people yelling at me, calling me out when I try to feed them BS, blasting me when Im not giving it my best and calling me a liar when I say I want something but refuse to act on it. Not saying 'good job' when I half *kitten* a workout that I can totally blow out of the water... WHAT THE HECK

I dont appreciate you telling me what kind of attitudes are ALLOWED to motivate me.

you want nothing but unicorn mayonnaise then you ask for support on your friends list instead of the general public. Not everyone is like you but thanks for trying to shove me in a box with you.

Best of luck.

as cool as yoovie is, I think I'd be scared to be shoved into a box with her... especially if she's mad! she kicks *kitten*! *fist pumps to yoovie*

I have nothing further to add. [eta... I guess I did, actually]

If this world was the place I wished it would be... my ex would be nice to me and the kids, my debts would be paid in full, I'd get paid to bust my *kitten* at the gym, I could drink cocktails on a beach somewhere in the sun...

but it's not.

my ex is a jerk, and it's freaking cold outside. the bank and my parents own my house, and my employer owns me.
    what I mean by this is... we don't get to pick the cards we're dealt, and sometimes we get dealt the crappy hand. just play it the best you can. some people are jerks, some people are not.

some people LOOK like jerks because of the way we see them through our own personal filters. *yes, sometimes my ex may fit into that mold*

shake it off, and move on.
  • Flintbeats810
    Flintbeats810 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Why let ignorant comments from insignificant people bother you?

a random word of encouragment from someone i've never meet does make you feel good but that doesn't automatically mean that a negative comment has to make you feel bad.

any time you post on a "forum" you should expect idiots or some "tuff love" . Its up to you to decide how you will let it affect you
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I get it now....it's pretty predictable. You made a post this morning and people did not agree with you and expressed differing opinions.

do you honestly think I am that small minded?...people are entitled to their opinions....
    I congratulate them on being different...even if they do not agree with mine...:D

Yes I do.

She's more like my personal comedian. She dances and performs for my amusement, as opposed to performing for the amusement of everyone. She's very good. I just bought her new shoes. They are a tap shoes. Would you like me to make her tap for you?

Can you get her to tap for me ??? I would love you forever if you did

Seriously? What is the point of this post other than to be mean?

It's called a joke - and it was about me - they were not being mean.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyfkx77Hfg1r9orhdo1_500.gif

YOU DON'T EVEN GO HERE!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    steve-perry.jpg

5lDUy.jpg

HAH! That's awesome XD
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've found positive begets positive.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    When someone posts in this section and their post says something along the lines of, "I have no support at home. My bf/gf and family don't support me so it's making it so much harder!" ...then they get "tough love" from me. I'll probably say something along the lines of, "Stop blaming others for what's in YOUR control. Once you realize that it's all in your hands, you'll do much better." So yeah...some might think that's "mean" but it's the truth. If you can't handle the truth...get off the internet and go cry to your friends who will coddle you!