What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 10,304 Member
    Dinner: Venison meatloaf cups, Yukon gold garlic mashed potatoes, garden peas and a cauliflower garlic bread stick (a new frozen food find - it could've used more garlic).
    3gahakgnesfi.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 6,650 Member
    Managing leftovers. We had some turkish peppers leftover from our dinner party two nights ago so pan fried them as a side to go with spaghetti aglio olio enriched with finely slivered leftover salt beef we had leftover from Xmas.
    ioex3hrk27pa.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,876 Member
    Moroccan Chickpea Soup with a serving of Doritos.

Best way for me to use up the snacky stuff I bought for guests over Christmas is to incorporate them into my meals. Doritos are something I prefer not to have in the house because I can’t be trusted! 😂 This way I know I’ll be accountable as the big batch of soup *needs* the Dorito accompaniment, which will prevent indiscriminate munching. Mind Games! 🤷‍♀️

h2ibv7ahmwsv.jpeg
  • acpgee

Best way for me to use up the snacky stuff I bought for guests over Christmas is to incorporate them into my meals. Doritos are something I prefer not to have in the house because I can’t be trusted! 😂 This way I know I’ll be accountable as the big batch of soup *needs* the Dorito accompaniment, which will prevent indiscriminate munching. Mind Games! 🤷‍♀️

You can make a fat free version of tortilla chips in the microwave. Remove once they start to brown a little as the margin of error between browning and burning is small. Don't fret if they are not crisp when you remove them from the microwave. They turn brittle as they cool.
    https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6544-microwave-tostadas
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 226 Member
    w2tj0c7zo2wn.jpeg
    For lunch this week! It’s actually a chicken tikka masala recipe I found online years ago, but I eat mostly vegetarian these days so used chickpeas instead.
  • acpgee
    Some microwave tostadas I made with stale leftover corn tortillas to dip into store bought guacamole.
    2a4pvdeudlvf.jpeg
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 10,304 Member
    Today's dinner: Spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash with melted Italian 5 cheese blend and a cauliflower garlic bread stick. (This is probably 2 servings - I'll save 1/2 for tomorrow's lunch).
    tn53i824iqhk.jpg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 1,971 Member
    Grilled linguiça, rice, black beans w/onions added, collard greens cooked w/bacon & onions. As usual the sausage was made in house at one of the butcher shops I go to.

9gugq3akfkbq.jpg

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,876 Member
    acpgee wrote: »

You can make a fat free version of tortilla chips in the microwave. Remove once they start to brown a little as the margin of error between browning and burning is small. Don't fret if they are not crisp when you remove them from the microwave. They turn brittle as they cool.
    https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6544-microwave-tostadas

I’ve done similar, many times, with leftover corn or flour tortillas. I cut them into eighths and dry fry in a frying pan until lightly browned and crisp.

Not sure why you suggested it though! I was just using up Doritos (bought for guests) in a way that fits into my calories, not looking for alternatives to Doritos. 🤷‍♀️ The calorie difference is minimal anyway - it’s the tortillas themselves that would tip my calories over not the non existent fat I’d not be using anyway…😂
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    edited January 3
    zyj2arzus5do.jpgugdsxep5trvy.jpg

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 226 Member
    ljhcaxba7t7s.jpeg
    Garlic toast, baked eggplant parm., spaghetti