What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options
1119611971198119912001202»

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon and veggie omelette in progress…

gibff8qgfdlc.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,732 Member
    Options
    Jetlagged first dinner back at home. Pulled the last of the sausage ragu out of the freezer and sauteed some spinach. It was a simple meal, but kind of thankful to eat home cooking again after a week or nursing home dinners. Sorry mom.
    bkyay2obvsnw.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited July 4
    Options
    Dinner tonight (07/03) was a fridge-clearing exercise to make room for new produce for the holiday and weekend. Baked hot-sweet chicken breast with two complimentary savory roast veg dishes: one based around a sweet potato, the other classic Italian-style peppers and onions. I haven't computed the numbers yet, but I expect them to be reasonable, although the chili sauce brings some HFCS and associated sugar carbs to the party.

ghey19pt4c2p.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »

@mjbnj0001 - proximity and travel time does make it easier. At least you are already by the NJ beach!!

Was in Montauk earlier today!

Bought a bunch of clams and Oysters 🦪-
    5seqahkm3r5p.jpeg

when i was going out there (hampton bays to montauk, but majority of time around shinnecock and fort pond bay areas), it was a fairly wild and "windswept" type of place. i remember, east of montauk village, a bluff overlooking the beach that led to a pretty secluded stretch ... since it took a little effort to get down there. we used to overnight sleep in the van on the beach at fort pond bay or near shinnecock inlet after a night dive or prior to an early morning dive. i suppose all that has changed now and the places are pretty well developed.

the jersey shore is great, but, you know, mostly highly developed and "boardwalked." a whole different vibe. but still the beach. now that the season has kicked off, it is going to be jumping until september when it quiets down again. in winter, it is very quiet.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited July 4
    Options
    🎣 Fresh off the boat Red Snapper for breakfast. Pan fried with green onions on a bed of greens. 🛥️

d3xqpaqfbd28.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Starter of salad with feta, halved grapes, candied nuts and ranch. Main of chilli con carne pulled of the freezer and some aji verde I blitzed up today.
    33fg32a741sp.jpeg
    vcrsbmsvrd50.jpeg
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    etb15zl3920p.jpg
    Street tacos, grilled smoked chicken breast and thin shaved beef, sweet onion & bell pepper strips.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    d1g8isiir8wk.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    July 4th burger time.

I think I've mentioned decreasing my red meat this year. I'm pretty sure I didn't mention that I pretty much specifically cut out beef burgers earlier this spring.

But, burgers and July 4th go hand-in-hand (and I say this as a former vegan-for-my-20s-decade guy). So I asked the local butcher to fresh grind a chuck steak for these, feeling that would lead to a better result than grocery-store prepackaged ground beef. Added in diced onion (white specs) and minced garlic, other spices and flavorings, and got good results. Alas, those are commercial onion rolls toasting, not some of my homemade versions. But tasty enough.

bbtl6b46mccy.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    Options
    @acpgee

I went to watch a couple short videos before heading to bed, and this was in my feed. I thought you'd like it, a traditional focaccia baker's trip through the process. Actually, there's several more stackd up in my feed, too.

https://youtu.be/uEKzIshoYiM

• acpgee
    Options
    @mjbnj0001
    Thanks. This makes me wonder if I can do the kneading in the food processor (I use a stretch and fold technique) though maybe it is more work to wash the food processor. Good to see how he performs the final stretch of the foccacia.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Our restaurant meal on Friday night, because the hubby is convinced that eating out on Friday makes the weekend feel longer. We ordered the bread selecetion that included focaccia topped with thinly sliced tomato, courgette and onion. The hubby thought my focaccia is better. Besides the sweet toppings, the restaurant put sugar in their dough.
    u9ao0wu3maox.jpeg
    cepcizghdzep.jpeg
    gedddro2cf9l.jpeg
    d7e3f0aeq7w9.jpeg
    nlen1eor32f2.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Our restaurant meal on Friday night ...

d7e3f0aeq7w9.jpeg

In this dish, what's the green veg?