What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,317 Member
    Grilled chicken breast with ratatouille Provençal with mixed greens and cucumber.

Flax flatbread with Quail terrine.

Ripe juicy papaya for dessert!

rie5kcbpzpks.jpeg
    gkrz6dyxra9e.jpeg
    vb52ix247mvl.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,874 Member
    I got home from challenging new job at 19:30. Managed a dinner of leftover chilli conncarne warmed up from Tuesday night served on jacket potatoes. I prick the potatoes with a fork so they don't explode in the microwave, nuke for 5 minutes and finish 15 minutes in the air fryer to get a dry baked texture. Air fried some olive oil tossed courgette at the same time. We had some sauces leftover in the fridge. Sauteed some Dutch curly endive while things were either warming up or in the air fryer.
    acnh002qqryq.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    Dinner : 🐟 on the grill.

oqjt4ql9uh8j.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    Conch salad - lots of lime and diced scotch bonnets. 🔥 🐚

greathe67jh8.jpeg
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    edited August 30
    b02foz7ftx4s.jpeg

1 cup almond milk
    1 cup plain kefir
    140 grams frozen blueberries
    1 frozen banana
    1/2 cup oats
    2 scoops collagen
    1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • SafariGalNYC
    J72FIT wrote: »
    b02foz7ftx4s.jpeg

1 cup almond milk
    1 cup plain kefir
    1 frozen banana
    1/2 cup oats
    2 scoops collagen
    1/4 cup sunflower seeds

@J72FIT wow that looks delish!!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »
    b02foz7ftx4s.jpeg

1 cup almond milk
    1 cup plain kefir
    1 frozen banana
    1/2 cup oats
    2 scoops collagen
    1/4 cup sunflower seeds

@J72FIT wow that looks delish!!

Thanks! Yes it hits the spot.
    I'll rotate other frozen berries as well as different flavored kefir...
  • acpgee
    Dinner out on Friday. We went to an okay but not great French brasserie.
    01fg6n6rwtzi.jpeg
    0ai6cav12xf5.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited August 31
    Went to a Caribbean fish fry. 😋
    Red Snapper, rice and peas, plantains, corn.

ovhrw7ar78br.jpeg
  • acpgee
    I have been craving traditional French salads recently. Salade aux gesiers from southwestern Feance used to be on every brasserie menu when I lived in Paris a few decades ago. Nowadays I cannot find any French restaurant in London serving it. It's also getting hard to find in Paris, probably due internationalization where Caesar salads have replaced the French regional classics. I finally opened the tin of confit gizzards that has been in the store cupboard for two years.
    I am planning to make classic Lyonnaise frissee aux lardons as a starter tonight. I will probably replace the frissee with baby gem and iceberg. We can get frissee but it is a 20 minute trek to the nearest greengrocer who stocks it.
    yygh85x9fgwe.jpeg

• acpgee
    Staying with the French lunch theme I took out the leftover creme brulee from last weekend's dinner party. Sprinkled with sugar and blow torched.
    49tlwln59nuc.jpeg
  • acpgee
    The plan was to have a starter of salade aux lardons but we were pretty full afterwards, so we skipped having a main course.
    c6ldxo0qcu86.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Pan seared sea bass with roast potatoes and sauteed frozen edamame/peas. A dollop of kind of sort of tartar made with yoghurt, mayo, relish and leftover guacamole. We had some iceberg and vinaigrette dressed up with parma ham and candied pepitas.
    cafdvfx08n5w.jpeg
    npkoq8ak4ghb.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Preparing for the week to come, and for grilling tonight (Labor Day in the USA): homemade bread (plain) and rosemary-onion rolls.

1. Doughs ready for 1st rise (last evening, Sunday). I added some extra H2O in the left-hand batch for the rolls, to hydrate the dried onions and herbs. As it turns out, I added a wee bit much. I used a "no knead" approach today, which is why the doughs aren't neat balls as you might see in some videos.
    2. Doughs after 1st rise (16 hrs, overnight room-temp countertop). Bread on left, rolls on right. Nice development. Since "no knead," the breads dough got a few folds after degassing; the rolls dough got shaped into a cylinder to set up for partitioning into 10 pieces (being extra moist this was an "interesting" exercise, lol).
    3. Finished products. 1 loaf for now, 1 for the freezer. Some rolls for today, some for the freezer. Rolls were hard to shape, as they were a little sloppy from excess H2O, and then needed a bit extra time to brown in their bake than initially scheduled. Aroma is incredible. Debating traditional beef burgers or lentil burgers this afternoon (weather is good for outdoor grilling); I've been essentially meatless for a couple of weeks. We'll see later ...

nekqdegbxbnd.jpeg

mbif33db85jt.jpeg

vz6ra2fxecbu.jpeg

• acpgee
    My new job is disconcertingly high pressure but I can’t fault lunch at the staff canteen.
    1pleo0obsyyu.jpeg
  • acpgee
    I got home tonight at 19:50 and managed to get dinner on the table in 20 minutes. Drumsticks were frozen in ziplocks containing gai yang marinade that defrosted overnight the fridge and then air fried 20 minutes. Broccoli went into the air fryer with 10 minutes to go. Mash was made by microwaving potatoes that were then cut in 2 and placed in the ricer cut side down, removing spent peels with a fork after pressing each half. We still had gai yang dipping sauce in the fridge from a dinner party the weekend before last.
    gl7g7c7yarpj.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    acpgee wrote: »
    My new job is disconcertingly high pressure but I can’t fault lunch at the staff canteen.

My last two F/T positions were high-pressure (one, a Big4 Consultancy, the other, a now-legacy computer manufacturer). The rewards were high, but I later learned the costs were, too. Be careful. We should aim to make our one trip through life both rewarding and sustainable, to us, our loved ones and others. IMHO. In retirement, I'm having a pretty good time ... but not everyone I knew has made it this far.
  • mjbnj0001
    Well, in reference to my previous post above, the traditional beef burgers won the day. I guess I'm a traditionalist at heart. At least I have the lentil "fixins" on hand for that attempt, LOL.

So, the meal looks simple, but there's a fair amount of craft in it ... the last (thawed) custom-grind beef from a party in July and seasoned for today, near-the-end of my homemade pickled red onions from the same July event, the buns I made overnight/today. Plus, of course, the throw-together veg mix "Boy Scout Packs" (zucchini, bell peppers [G/R/O/Y], red onion, grape tomatoes, garlic, seasonings). The only things that came out of a package are the cheese slices. "Labor on Labor Day" - can be a good thing.

o8qt3bn53o01.jpeg

lmhayvkjzvt5.jpeg

The foil packs (or "Boy Scout Packs" as I grew up calling them) contain the veg. They got some pre-time directly on the grill before the burgers, and then again a couple minutes as I brought the burgers into the house. Note that the burgers are cooking on a grill-specific silicon mat for super easy grill cleanup. And they're thin enough to generate char marks on the food. Great for fish/seafood and other things which might slip into the grill gaps.