What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    chrisdavey, how do you make the cauliflower base for your pizza? Looks delish! Thanks!

I assumed mashed cauliflower and egg to bind - I love it too and I am going to make it as well!
  • CyanOwl
    CyanOwl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1075760_10200491872524193_1949474057_n.jpg
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    *drooling over my keyboard*

OM NOM FREAKING NOM
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    chrisdavey, how do you make the cauliflower base for your pizza? Looks delish! Thanks!

steamed in microwave, drained extra dry. Pureed with processor and then added 40g cheese and 30ml egg whites. Needs to be overbaked I think. Was 225C for about 25mins. :smile:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    You nailed that 'Za CD! Looks freakin' awesome.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Crappy presentation but chicken rogan josh stuffed potato skins, 2 were battered and fried, the other two had potato fritters on top and a mint raita

IMG_20130717_191426.jpg
    IMG_20130717_191618.jpg
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    This is really fantastic cauliflower pizza and can be tweaked to change it up however you want. Ignore the medifast counts, but basically this is low carb, low calorie and super yummy!! I like to top mine with sauteed peppers, mushrooms and a few pieces of turkey pepperoni! Enjoy!!

Cauliflower Pizza Crust
    Excerpts from Kurweil's Cauliflower Pizza Crust Tutorial

Ingredients:

Crust:
    1 cup shredded cauliflower (2 Greens)
    1 oz low fat ricotta with 2 - 3 g of fat/oz (1/8 Lean)
    1 oz light mozzarella with 3 - 6 g of fat/oz (2/8 Lean)
    1/4 cup Egg Beaters (1/8 Lean)
    1/8 tsp garlic powder (1/2 Condiment)
    1/4 tsp dried basil (1/4 Condiment)
    Toppings:
    2 oz light three cheese blend 3 - 6 g of fat/oz (1/2 lean)
    1/2 cup Italian or Rotel diced tomatoes - less than 5 g of carbs per 1/2 cup (1 Green)

Directions:
    Puree diced tomatoes if desired in a small chopper for a few seconds. Set aside.
    Weigh/measure cauliflower (1 cup of raw cauliflower = 100 grams), then wash it. Next, add the 1/4 cup egg beaters. Then add 1 oz light ricotta. Next, add the 1 oz light mozzarella. Stir together well.
    You can add any condiments/seasonings you want at this point and stir them in. I like garlic powder. Other people recommend oregano, etc. You can also choose to add those to your sauce instead.

Line a pan with parchment paper sprayed lightly with cooking spray. The weight of one crust (uncooked) is right around 228 - 229 grams using the ingredients I used if you are making a large batch and need to portion them. Use the back of your spoon to spread them out. They really won't spread much during cooking (they'll actually shrink a bit), so you can get the crusts close together. The thinner, the crispier.

You will need to toy with your oven/times to get them how you like them. I bake for 40 minutes straight at just below 425 without even looking at them, first. (I baked for only 30 minutes). Then take them out and flip them. When flipping them, make sure you get the spatula under all parts first, it can stick in areas and break/fold your crust, then you'll cry. Put back in the oven and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes (I baked for another 10 minutes).

Add tomato sauce and cheese on top. Broil until cheese is melted about 5 to 10 minutes.

Just a tip. Do Not try this without parchment paper as it will stick and you will lose a lot of your crust!!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options

steamed in microwave, drained extra dry. Pureed with processor and then added 40g cheese and 30ml egg whites. Needs to be overbaked I think. Was 225C for about 25mins. :smile:

Thanks! :)
  • kitsiekitty
    kitsiekitty Posts: 166
    Options
    dinner for tonight!
    img_4634.jpg?w=650
    stir fry belacan long beans.

tumblr_mq4wgaEcCo1stzlw4o2_500.jpg
    stir fry bell pepper, mushrooms and tofu

tumblr_mq491ichZa1stzlw4o1_500.jpg
    tea with a slice of marble cake and a sliver of dark chocolate the other day, when breakfast wasn't enough. xD

tumblr_mq0sow3XGt1stzlw4o1_500.jpg
    one fuji apple, and a bowl of cereal and one banana for lunch.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Baked feta cheese stuffed falafel and quinoa tabouleh.

bakedfalafel_sm.jpg
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    turkey, cheddar, & egg white cups
    light english muffin with chunky peanut butter

311 calories, 32 carbs, 15 fat, 22 protein
    29boz88.jpg
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Epic post-workout meal
    Poverty French Toast with honey, cinnamon and powdered sugar
    Greek yougurt with cinnamon for the protons
    image_zps163f4944.jpg
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    Options
    I ate a bunch of Chinese food yesterday and I woke up feeling very sluggish so I ate a bunch of fruit for breakfast.

6zvtzk.jpg
  • tracybritt72
    tracybritt72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This looks great, would you post how you made the enchilladas?
  • tracybritt72
    tracybritt72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you add a sauce or dressing to the zucchini noodles?
  • kimberlychay
    kimberlychay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

Wow would totally love the recipe for the falafels!!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Wow would totally love the recipe for the falafels!!

Let's seeee....!

In a food processor I pulsed together:

1.5 cups of rinsed and drained chickpeas
    1 cup of rinsed and drained fava beans (you could use all chickpeas and it would be fine I'm sure)
    1 big handful of fresh parsley
    1 big handful of fresh cilantro
    Juice from a small lemon
    3 tablespoons of olive oil
    3 cloves of garlic
    A few tablespoons of chopped green onion
    Seasonings: salt, pepper, a pinch of pepper flakes, a teaspoon or so of ground cumin

I processed it until it was well combined but not so far as to make it pasty - leaving a bit of texture is important. I added in 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour, 1 tablespoon of egg replacer (this is a powder similar to corn starch - and I actually think you could omit it), and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. I pulsed it a little bit more until the flour was just incorporated and then covered and put it in the fridge for half an hour.

While the falafel chilled I preheated a pan in a 375 degree oven (I actually used one of these petit fours pans - http://everchangingplate.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/pan1.jpg, but I think a mini muffin tin would work great or even just laying them out on a cookie sheet) and chopped about 2oz of block feta cheese into little cubes.

I pressed the dough out a bit and cut it into 18 pieces. I would take one chunk of dough, press a feta cube in the middle, and form the ball around it. Then I sprayed the pre-heated pan with a little cooking spray and pressed each ball into the mold and baked for about 40 minutes. If you were to use a cookie sheet I think I would flatten the balls ever so slightly and then flip them halfway through the cooking process, for maximum surface crunchiness. They are around 75 calories each.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    222403_10200340998624038_930024739_n.jpg

Today is "no meat" day, so lunch was Quinoa & Black Bean Chili. Very spicy!