What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited June 2015
    Wow, some really delicious looking dishes here. Looks like everyone is showing that healthy doesn't mean boring, bland looking or salad leaves. Kudos to everyone - some great inspiration to cook up a healthy storm in the kitchen!

Its times like these I wish MFP had a 'like' button esp for the scrumptious meals and desserts always being posted up here!
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    tashap74 wrote: »
    I've been watching this thread for a while now and thought I'd finally share something I made for dinner tonight - Turkish ground lamb pizza. g7qecpz5cfhy.jpg

Yummo! I love Arabic style pizzas - the egg on top and scallions certainly ups it up a notich!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    6n00d6e2wufm.jpg
    Jerk pork chops with a fresh pineapple black bean salsa.
  • tatumlohse1
    tatumlohse1 Posts: 19 Member
    fu5spe87gqa2.jpg stir fry veggies with rice and nuts :) fruit on the side. My fav
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Seared tempeh wrap with roasted poblano-cream cheese spread, fruit

wvk4hqy341vp.jpg

Baked tirali pasta + tomatoes + spinach + cannellini beans, with a layer of ricotta/smashed white beans.

p56jpgsf7bzd.jpg

Cucumber-mango-jalapeño salsa, black beans, avocado + sriracha, leftover tofu & spaghetti squash

ji3xmwcb8iyc.jpg

• colejkeene
    colejkeene Posts: 84 Member
    Cauliflower & fresh parsley puree with cumin crusted roasted cauliflower steak and pan seared jalapeño green beans for a post yoga dinner.

11283428_655996071198311_239627458_n.jpg
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    colejkeene wrote: »
    Cauliflower & fresh parsley puree with cumin crusted roasted cauliflower steak and pan seared jalapeño green beans for a post yoga dinner.
    How did you get that color on the cauliflower? My roasting attempts never get it that nice. Beautiful...
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    edited June 2015
    Crispy baked trout with mustard and parmesan, parlsey linguine and roasted asparagus.

qh2vt5a2lcx1.jpg

Grilled pork souvlaki on a whole wheat greek pita with tzatziki, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, kalamata olives and red onion.

7rocc6vqjfb5.jpg

Stuffed pork tenderloin with kalamata olives, pistachios, salted lemon and fresh herbs, salted lemon and garlic sauce, fresh herb couscous with goat cheese and grilled zucchinis.

p4kms8swln1j.jpg

• colejkeene
    colejkeene Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2015
    How did you get that color on the cauliflower? My roasting attempts never get it that nice. Beautiful...

Thanks! So, part of the color is the seasonings and then the other component is the heat. People try to roast their veggies at way to low of a heat. I say jack that oven up! : D

Ingredients:

2 1" slices cauliflower
    1 tbsp EVOO
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp turmeric

Method:

Preheat oven to 500ºF. Meanwhile brush all sides of the cauliflower with oil. Sprinkle tumeric and and cumin on one side, flip it over and spread garlic. Roast for 20 minutes. Flip over and bake for another 2-3 minutes to finish getting the nice brown color. Serve hot and enjoy!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    A spicy black bean burger, corn off the cob, tomato slices, and cantaloupe (I finally found a good one!).

6xmfjz6wn0jm.jpg

cl12l2k4w9pn.jpg
  • dalysm86
    dalysm86 Posts: 29 Member
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    colejkeene wrote: »

Thanks! So, part of the color is the seasonings and then the other component is the heat. People try to roast their veggies at way to low of a heat. I say jack that oven up! : D

Ingredients:

2 1" slices cauliflower
    1 tbsp EVOO
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp turmeric

Method:

Preheat oven to 500ºF. Meanwhile brush all sides of the cauliflower with oil. Sprinkle tumeric and and cumin on one side, flip it over and spread garlic. Roast for 20 minutes. Flip over and bake for another 2-3 minutes to finish getting the nice brown color. Serve hot and enjoy!

Thanks!
  • bookertd824
    bookertd824 Posts: 6 Member
    Curried chicken brown rice roasted sweet potato and stir fried Brussel sprouts
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    All from today

Egg white french toast with blueberries, toffee crunch pb and wf pancake syrup
    RnQVDdy.jpg

Spinach, kabocha squash, chicken and chipotle mango dressing
    F9kaAa1.jpg

Breakfast for dinner ftw: Whole sauteed zucchini with taco seasoning, egg beater omelette stuffed with light laughing cow cheese, spinach, tomatoes, nacho cheddar popcorn seasoning, topped with mango peach salsa. Caramel rice cake with sf preserves and some melon
    laGPTS5.jpg
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Zoodles with lentil, capsicum and broccoli sauce and feta. Was so excited to eat it that I forgot I'd planned to have a slice of garlic bread with it. In a rush I microwaved the garlic bread and then put it under the grill for a few minutes. My impatience meant it wasn't as crispy or hot as I would have liked and it ended up being a waste of calories since I didn't even enjoy eating it :( Oh well, at least the zoodles were good!

ciykvstcuaei.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    i-BzFX5GZ-M.jpg

Grilled pork chops in home made jerk marinade with grilled veggies on the side.

Looks Delicious. Do you grill your veggies in the cast iron skillet? This entire thread is making me HUNGRY!!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Well they look yummy. I used to think I was a pretty good at home cook until I stumbled into this thread!
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Dinner: Grilled nectarine, zucchini, green bean salad with lemon vinaigrette and a curry veggie burger

pem70hgvev16.jpg

Lunch: Black bean + spinach nachos with nutritional yeast-spiked salsa "queso"

l6ds2ljk59gj.jpg