What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Spent the night restoring some furniture so was absolutely knackered but luckily I had the foresight to put some stewed vegetables soup in the slow cooker so I was not starvin' marvin in the morning. By the time I recovered, it was dinner time so ... dinner was grilled ... leftovers ... hahaha! Used up the last courgette with some leftover ends of bread and panner for dinner. Aside from my medium rare pan seared wagyu steak, I decided to make a medley of grilled stuff.

Soaked the bread cubes in berber-spiced beaten egg then wrapped half of them with bacon. Went hog wild and wrapped the courgette and paneer as well with bacon and set them to grill. I fried up the savoury French toast croutons and dinner was served with the last of my stewed vegetables soup.

Dessert was simple! I slathered some cream cheese on some chocolate biccies and then topped with uber sweet Korean strawberries.
    zepmyuc6p76h.jpg
    cagjicnom3bt.jpg
    0g2vg4pht9ca.jpg
  • kaye789012
    kaye789012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Um...so when are you creating a cook book? I NEED this recipe. Yum!
  • jdiem
    jdiem Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    nz_deevaa wrote: »
    I feel bad re-creating the thread with nothing to add, so here is the last meal I posted:

8282938337_35a8ceb761.jpg

Pork chop with Noodle Salad.

• jdiem
    jdiem Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • smmgraham
    smmgraham Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Dinner time Thai lemongrass chicken thighs with roasted squash and broccoli with a side of a salad. :)

Looks delicious. I also like your natural bark wood platter. As a woodworker myself I'm curious, did you make the platter or purchase it? I did a wedding cupcake multi-tier using oak wood discs with natural bark and had a time of it with checks forming as the discs dried.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I wish whoever keeps posting desserts would open her diary so we can see how she manages to fit it all.

Inquiring minds want to know.

If you're referring to me, I actually don't track calories. I never did it when losing or maintaining. It's not something I found to be practical for myself. I just eat as mindfully as possible and portion control everything :)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    2qdmo05.png

Ending the Sunday right with a cup of white hot chocolate with blackberry brandy.
  • nixology
    Options
    2qdmo05.png

Ending the Sunday right with a cup of white hot chocolate with blackberry brandy.

Oooohhh, just fainted from excessive drooling ...
  • nixology
    Options
    Very busy day running all over town but managed to catch bites in between runs. Ramen on the run. Luckily I'd packed my bento so leftovers for lunch. And dessert was durian pomelo sago ice ... on the run. Finally managed to sit down for a proper meal and was just too knackered so I just had an omelette and my friend's chocolate cake and a tea before I called it a day.

7mb3t4sn6d35.jpg
    a1ozl8ish4rw.jpg
    vcx7nz90vsin.jpg
    x30apq22iqy4.jpg
    c1r6zydpsm24.jpg
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Made a mountain of kickass vegetarian meatballs, inspired by the flavors I use in my Thanksgiving stuffing. I'm serving them with mushroom gravy, and roasted greens beans & potatoes.

vtKztSB.jpg
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Doesn't bother me, mine were awesome! :)

How I plated them. The mushroom gravy was super good too. mmm sage.

EK5S3Wk.jpg
  • WoodlarkEm
    WoodlarkEm Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    422d1skfo83s.jpeg
    Cold and snowy here. Had to bring in a little color tonight. Mango shrimp salad
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    nixology wrote: »

Oooohhh, just fainted from excessive drooling ...

:D I wish I could justify drinking these every hour.

• inskydiamonds
    Options
    fdd7gw.png

Spiced Swedish Meatballs from Hello Fresh
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Popular menu item tonight hehe :)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    pocketmole wrote: »
    Popular menu item tonight hehe :)

The best thing about meatballs (or meatlessballs!) is there is so much variety of what you can do with them or what they can be made of :P
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's brunch from La Provence (or the nice at the table version since I had to leave for work and ordered mine to go): risotto with mushrooms and bacon, eggs, potatoes and butternut squash. Croissant with brie and jam not included in picture.

2meeexz.jpg
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Different types of mushrooms, broccoli, crazy amounts of garlic in browned butter, fresh rosemary.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Can you share the chicken in wine sauce recipe please?