What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    gbrenee wrote: »
    I cooked two plant-based meals for lunch and dinner:

-Veggie Chilli
    -Veggie Sandwich with microwaved sweet potato fries; I ‘battered the fries with oregano, basil, paprika, and parmesan romano cheese

I’ve been able to say within my calorie goal as well eating more plant-based meals.

q3kfmwh24835.jpeg
    dtev87ui5k35.jpeg

OMG that sandwich and those fries look amazing!!!!!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Taco Tuesday errrr enchilada Tuesday.

q3n5wcun5jdq.jpg

Ooooo this looks delicious!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Eating outside in the neighborhood..

Pork chop and broccolini.
    k7z109udaewi.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    yufmwsou6011.png
    I agree with @Noreenmarie1234 - it does look amazing!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    My mom's contact fried fish with ginger and green onion, pomelo salad with mint, rice.
    35c3ji6ujthj.jpeg

• PAPYRUS3
    Options
    ^love that charring on that crust..which also looks beautifully crispy and thin!

@o0Firekeeper0o - absolutely love Chana Masala too...the most memorable ones I've ever encountered were made by others. I'm impressed that you made your own Naan bread - another item that needs some real talent (and a Tandori oven if your lucky) for a good one.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @o0Firekeeper0o - absolutely love Chana Masala too...the most memorable ones I've ever encountered were made by others. I'm impressed that you made your own Naan bread - another item that needs some real talent (and a Tandori oven if your lucky) for a good one.

Haha! I ALMOST made my own naan, I didn’t have the time so this is just bread from the store :) . I will be trying it one of these days though. I know it won’t be the same since I don’t have a tandoor but it can be done so I’m willing to try. It seems like one of those recipes that’s easy to learn but hard to master.
    All the chana masala I’ve has has been from Indian restaurants and amazing. It’s probably one of my favorite vegetarian meals, period. I’m hoping I can figure out how to make a decent one, even if I need a few specialty ingredients!
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Homemade chana masala over seasoned rice with a heated buttered flatbread on the side (I was going to make naan but we got too busy). It was all right; it tastes a bit too much like chili. Certainly not bad but I’m researching how to make it taste more Indian; if anyone has pointers I’ll gladly take them. I LOVE chana masala[/quote]

Try this recipe: https://www.food.com/recipe/channa-masala-17471 It's adapted from Madhur Jafrey's recipe, and she has never steered me wrong. I find the amchoor powder makes a really big difference compared to other recipes.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options

Haha! I ALMOST made my own naan, I didn’t have the time so this is just bread from the store :) . I will be trying it one of these days though. I know it won’t be the same since I don’t have a tandoor but it can be done so I’m willing to try. It seems like one of those recipes that’s easy to learn but hard to master.
    All the chana masala I’ve has has been from Indian restaurants and amazing. It’s probably one of my favorite vegetarian meals, period. I’m hoping I can figure out how to make a decent one, even if I need a few specialty ingredients!

Actually, I did read your initial comment about the 'store bought flat bread'...I meant to write 'make' instead of 'made'. 🙄 my bad

@InCHarms - thanks for posting your 'go to' 😁- I've not even heard of amchoor powder before...(mango powder apparently)
  • InCHarmsWay
    Options
    Homemade chana masala over seasoned rice with a heated buttered flatbread on the side (I was going to make naan but we got too busy). It was all right; it tastes a bit too much like chili. Certainly not bad but I’m researching how to make it taste more Indian; if anyone has pointers I’ll gladly take them. I LOVE chana masala

Try this recipe: https://www.food.com/recipe/channa-masala-17471 It's adapted from Madhur Jafrey's recipe, and she has never steered me wrong. I find the amchoor powder makes a really big difference compared to other recipes.

Yes it does, but this has to be used very VERY carefully.

Also, love that the recipe says "serves 6-8" in what world lol :) that one dinner for me with leftovers for lunch........ maybe.[/quote]

Oh, for sure... a little amchoor goes a LONG way.

I generally ignore serving sizes for Indian food... it's my favorite and I have little portion control...
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    @0_just_Tomek_0 and @InCHarmsWay - so in this recipe, would the 1 tablespoon be a good amount here or would you use less?
  • InCHarmsWay
    Options
    @0_just_Tomek_0 and @InCHarmsWay - so in this recipe, would the 1 tablespoon be a good amount here or would you use less?

That would be fine. If you use too much it is like a sour taste that will make your mouth pucker!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Hubby cooked. Dutch andijvie stampot, smoked sausage and tomatoes with ranch.
    ha3rj70vqf8w.jpeg
  • CertifiedPersonalTrainer
    CertifiedPersonalTrainer Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Made with only 5 Ingredients. 👍🏽

ro4vbec7254f.png
    mbdzv4a91qb8.png
    Scan with myFitnesspal to easily count the calories. 👍🏽 💪🏽
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Nice catch @CertifiedPersonalTrainer! Would have been nice to see your pic though!

Every now and again, MFP has some great recipes! I have 3 more servings of "golden oatmeal" (mine with fresh turmeric) that will be polished off before Monday.
  • pjg2015
    pjg2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    6w8orahiw4wa.jpeg Crockpot Italian green bean and potato stew topped with roasted chicken and crispy bacon