What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    My first foray into PB2 cooking.

b39o2wp1mntk.jpeg

It won’t be the last! Amazingly minimal calories but maximum taste.
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @BarbaraHelen2013 did you use the pb2 in the curry sauce? Did you have any issues with it clumping?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    @MinTheKitCat - I mixed up the PB2 with water until it was smooth and the thickness of standard Peanut Butter, then added the soy sauce and lime juice to that, plus a little mirin, minced garlic and ginger.

I think if I’d tried to just add the PB2 powder to the sauce it would be difficult to get it to mix in smoothly.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    The prep work for pad thai. Stir frying goes so quickly my cookbook recommends to have everything prepped and measured out prior to cooking.
    ifqil9yusdlg.jpeg

Wow! That looks awesome! Can’t wait to see the finished product 💫
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    @acpgee - Curious what cookbook you were using. Yummy dinner I'm sure.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Soba on a snowy day...

•buckwheat soba
    •koikuchi shoyu dipping sauce

This is one of my FAVORITE foods. I don’t eat it often but it’s always a joy when I do get to have it

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork chop, Palmini linguine w/pesto and a sprinkle of grated parm, salad of romaine, tomato, olives, provolone & Caesar dressing.

This was my first time trying the Palmini linguine (made of hearts of palm). The packages suggests rinsing and eating as is or boiling for 8 minutes or so to soften. I rinsed but warmed it in a pan with the pesto. It was al dente but it has a weird acidic flavor that I didn't care for so I won't be buying it again. On the plus side at 20 calories for a 4oz portion it is a nice balance with the highly caloric pesto. Tomorrow I'll try boiling it to see if that gets rid of the acidity.

dsag97dbfnmb.jpg
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sunday brunch day😊
    Savory French toast with eggs and sautéed veg
    Dinner was a salad with some leftovers of my first attempt at masala dosa and some guacamole in honor of the Super Bowl

jgj6l1yd4b7s.jpeg
    p6oxma8cxrjf.jpeg
    mgjhgayppug4.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,607 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @acpgee - Curious what cookbook you were using. Yummy dinner I'm sure.

For Thai I used David Thompson. Google him for his credentials as an Aussie chef who had a Michelin starred Thai restaurant in Bangkok). I like his first cookbook "thai food" the best. Recently got his newer "Thai Street Food" for my birthday and that's where the picture is from. However the second book is a massive, cumbersome coffee table book with lots of photos and a whopping 34cm x 27cm x 4.5cm, so it doesn't fit on the shelf I keep other cookbooks on. The recipe for Pad Thai is in both, and the same, except that the newer version gives quantities for 2 servings instead of 1 and measurements got more accurate (weights instead of handfuls).
  • AlettaJean
    AlettaJean Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i1ctmvxcdl2t.jpeg

My great-aunt’s chicken casserole recipe from the back of a chip bag in the 60’s. Even with a few clever calorie-saving tricks by yours truly, a big huge portion is about 640 calories, so you can imagine how delicious the “fully authentic” version is ;)

Glad you are enjoying your aunts recipe.This looks a bit like a casserole my mom used to make with Fritos in it. I'd hate to guess the calorie hit of that one.