What do you do when you see terrible form at the gym?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Ugh is SUPER annoying. Guys are ALWAYS commenting on my working out. Yes, they are genuinely compliments like "WOW, you are lifting more than me doing those triceps." "I've never seen a women do unassisted dips before." or when doing pull ups, "That's really impressive." But it is DOWN RIGHT annoying as F**k! It makes me feel like everyone is watching me while I work out. I've even gotten compliments after coming out of a group exercise class BY PEOPLE NOT IN THE ROOM! Like dammmn....stop watching me and making me feel self conscious! I have to say being talked to at the gym is highly annoying. I had a guy YESTERDAY walk by with a grin on his face and say, "Going at it hard today, eh?" Ewww....keep walking. Please. I just awkward chuckled back at him and walked away.

I could seriously go on and on....I get a comment about every single thing I do at the gym. And on the other hand, it also makes me mad because it is like "What? You've never seen a woman work out?" like no women work out....and no women are capable of being good at it? I seriously think it is their ego getting to them. They can't help but to say something.
    :(
    Oops.
    I'm sorry. One of those people was me. :(
    I saw a lady with her trainer and she was doing pushups from her toes with a big ol' weight on her back. She did SIX! I was so impressed and just... hopeful that I could do that someday. I found it inspiring to see a woman capable of such awesomeness. It's like seeing a celebrity in your town. You just want to shake her hand and say "I'm such a huge fan! Thank you for inspiring me!"
    I really wish you could see that we're all just ... impressed and inspired by your success and be happy for that... :/
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Well if i was the one with bad for i would DEFINATLY want someone to randomly come up and help me correct it... Say something!! Cause he probably doesnt even know that its bad form..
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    When I start lifting, I think I'm going to get a t-shirt made. On the back in big letters.. "Tell me if my form sucks".

Not only is this a legit LOL for me, I think it's actually a good idea. I have a feeling my squat form is a little off at the bottom, but I can't really tell without hurting my neck. Maybe I'll do this and hope that anyone that "helps" me knows what they're talking about.

Ahhh! I want a shirt like this!!