Black Team Week 7!!!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Not in a good place today... :o(

one of my really good friend to say the least one of my best friend said that her and her husband noticed that all I talk about now is food exercise and diet and her husband added that I am not much fun anymore...we used to hang out at there house and play games til weee hours of the morning and eat all night..

I am sad...we were suppost to go over this weekend...I dont know just wanna cry!!!

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. (((Hugs to Tamara)))
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Not in a good place today... :o(

one of my really good friend to say the least one of my best friend said that her and her husband noticed that all I talk about now is food exercise and diet and her husband added that I am not much fun anymore...we used to hang out at there house and play games til weee hours of the morning and eat all night..

I am sad...we were suppost to go over this weekend...I dont know just wanna cry!!!

You are a good person.
    You did this all on your own.
    You work super hard.
    You are a good person.

It is a good idea to keep your diet/exercise convos for those of us who LOVE to hear it! That is the main reason I am still here 2 years later and 1 yr post weight loss! My friend told me she didnt want to hear about my "fake" friends on line. I was very angry and said....they are REAL people who have accomplished tremendous things on their own!

She went on to put down the whole logging the food and exercise and 'beating the subject to death' and I then asked her how much SHE lost in the past year (she put ON 10 more pounds on top of the 20 she needed to lose in the first place) I then said, Well , I guess I am doing something right, huh?

We still talk, but not much.

I did however STOP talking about diet and exercise with my family and friends. I log my food when I have time, and dont stop in the middle of a meal to log any more:blushing:

Just think about what you are going to say................and carry a picture of you at your heaviest. Remember, you are a good person!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Tamara-- Im sorry your sad about what your best friend said. Thats really hard. I have had to deal with people that I feel should be supportive being stand-offish, jealous, and at times downright mean about it. I think its like Jeannie said, we just have to save most of the talk for our people on here who truly understand and support us:heart: I rarely mention anything about it in my everyday life...I let people bring it up to me...and sooner or later they always do:smile: Try not to let it get you down. You have done an amazing job and should be very proud:flowerforyou:

Jeannie-- Hope your on the mend!:flowerforyou:

Kati-- Did you find that Shred DVD?

Well I will be getting on that scale in a little bit...hope it goes better than the last couple of weigh-ins:ohwell: I stuck to Andrew's challenge this week and feel really good about the exercise I put in this week and the eating. Crossing my fingers...:wink: I cant wait to see what he has in store for us this week:tongue: Maybe we should do another week of last weeks challenge...?

Hope everyone has a good weigh in. And lets try to remember that no matter what that scale says to us today...we have worked hard and come a long way and learned and accomplished alot!!:happy: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I cant wait to see what he has in store for us this week:tongue: Maybe we should do another week of last weeks challenge...?

Hope everyone has a good weigh in. And lets try to remember that no matter what that scale says to us today...we have worked hard and come a long way and learned and accomplished alot!!:happy: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    [/quote]

oops I'm quoting Roni from above.

I agree with you Roni!!! Can I call you nonibug, I love your screen name!?!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    I cant wait to see what he has in store for us this week:tongue: Maybe we should do another week of last weeks challenge...?

[/quote]

oops I'm quoting Roni from above.

I agree with you Roni!!! Can I call you nonibug, I love your screen name!?!
    [/quote]

Of course you can call me Noni (or Nonibug):smile: When my neice was a little girl (shes almost 18 now) she couldnt say "Roni" it always came out Noni...and it has stuck:blushing:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning team...My weight is up today but I sent my weight to Andrew anyway. It is just a number and it is my TOM so hopefully next week will look better. I am working a lot but still trying to get my exercise in where I can. Hope you are all doing well.

Tam...I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope things work out for you.

Jeannie...Take it easy. Hope you are better soon.

Happy Wednesday to all:smile:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Geez...what is up with the quotes today?:ohwell:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Well after a week of bad food choices I am up a pound. I love Chinese (General Tso) and don't have it very often, couple times a year but the sodium hangs on forever. I did manage to drop 4 of the 5 pounds from it but that one <sigh> Then comes the boredom eating and that can be nothing but trouble.

The good news is I saw a robin Monday, my daffodils are popping up thru the ground, I woke up this morning and Spring is officially only 25 days away.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :smile: I agree with you guys about not mentioning the diet thing to anyone that doesn't get it........Anyhow I love this site it has helped me lots and I thank each of you for all the encouragement.......you get it:heart: Richie
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Bobbi - I LOVE General Tso's Chicken. Just had it Monday for lunch. Had stir fry yesterday from the cafeteria too. I'm up a little over a pound from the last time I updated my ticker. The great part is that I know I can get back to where I was. I am so ready for spring. I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt in the flower beds. Thanks for the reminder that Spring will be here soon.

Battling an extremely raw throat, throbbing head and ears today. I'm hoping like @#$% that it lets up so I don't have to go for a strep test. Sigh. Have not found the DVD. I hope to convince DH to let me buy another copy of it this weekend. That's a sure-fire way to find the missing one.

Take care my friends. I'm off to get some more tea. Feels oh so good on throat. I started off well today with oatmeal. But then had poptarts and some fritos. Neither one did wonders for the throat - I can be an idiot sometimes.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Well after a week of bad food choices I am up a pound. I love Chinese (General Tso) and don't have it very often, couple times a year but the sodium hangs on forever. I did manage to drop 4 of the 5 pounds from it but that one <sigh> Then comes the boredom eating and that can be nothing but trouble.

The good news is I saw a robin Monday, my daffodils are popping up thru the ground, I woke up this morning and Spring is officially only 25 days away.

Hey Bobbi - I just tried the Healthy Choices Cafe Steamers General Tsao chicken last night. I'm not big on frozen dinners, but this was awesome!!!! and healthy!!!! - not your usual combination.. worth a try.. I can not eat Chinese take out anymore - I gain at least 3 pounds everytime I try..

Kati - I am also a sucker for pop tarts and fritos - can't have them in the house, they just jump into my mouth - completely against my will, I swear!!!

We had a whole yard full of robins yesterday - big, fat robins - spring must be coming soon - even though parts of my state (not me - thank god) are getting 8-12 inches of snow. Hang in there my gardening, spring loving friends!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Morning team. Even though I'm not playing the weigh in thing officially cause it messes with my head, I am happy to report, I was in my ok range this AM. Amazing, since I was 7 pounds heavier Monday AM. My body is amazing. It is good to me. I treated it badly last week and I am sorry for that, but I want to thank it for not being mad at me. :tongue:

Spring is coming folks. I see it here for sure. I even have a few daisies that are flowering. I got so excited when I saw them. I :heart: daisies, it's what I want on my tattoo, if I ever get the guts to go get it. Someday.

I am working on convincing hubs to build me a deck, a second level above our pool retaining wall, to add more outdoor living space and to put a hot tub up there. Our yard is fairly steep, it goes uphill away from our house, so we don't have much flat space to work with. I've been stalking Craig's list for a reasonably priced hot tub. Hubs actually had the materials priced at Lowes and was looking at plans with me online last night. As soon as he says 'Go', I am going to start digging! Since we are on an incline, we would need to cut away some of the hill so the deck isn't too high. I need to dig up a bunch of dirt and locate it to our very steep downhill front yard! I :heart: digging and yard work. Really, I do!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Come on springtime-- never have I wanted it so badly. Old age? Arthritis? All of the above? I don't know-- but, never have I longed for warmer weather like this year.

And ditto on the robins-- we've seen a few this week-- beautiful, chubby-- come on spring!!!!!!!!

Janie-- the frozen stuff sounds yummy.

Bobbi-- yepper here on the Chinese, too-- I usually order just broccoli now when I go with hubs, and eat a couple spoonfuls of rice. When I want to throw all caution to the wind, I'll order the shrimp with lobster sauce knowing I'm up 5 pounds the next day, too-- ahhhhh, womanhood, ain't it grand?

Lori, I'm still up the 3.5-- TOM is due, so I'm not sweating it. And this is even after the burger/fries last night-- I'm not happy with the flab in the belly, but my running will increase when the spring gets here. Turbo jam and the aerobics just doesn't work my core like the running does, so I'm not sweating it-- it'll all come out in the wash once I get back outdoors.

Roni-- great ticker this morning, my friend--

Kati-- feel better--

Richie-- so glad this team is helping you. No, people don't get it. My hubs didn't get it for a long time, so I had to almost hide my fitness pal fetish from him-- which became an issue in and of itself.

I've read back farther, but I'm sorry I can't remember anything else right now to which to respond-- you're all in my heart. Donna, Jan, Shuntae, Almomay, Leslie, AMANDA (who has not logged in in two weeks-- not a good sign) Sara, Sara, loreeb, Batman, Beth, Tamara, Tammy, Tanya-- yeah, I'm sure there's bundles I'm leaving out-- but, sending :heart: to all.

I'm giddy as a school girl today-- my husband went to get a haircut. Not that I'm excited that he's getting his haircut. I'm simply excited that he WENT anywhere. He needs to get a job-- I'm growing homicidal. His chick that cuts his hair is 90 minutes away, back in our old town-- so he'll be gone a while.

PLUS, as if it could get any better-- he took the dog with him. No freakin' way-- woo-hoooooooo-- smiley-dance005.gifgiggle.gif

Unfortunately, I have a pediatric endocrinologist appointment for Rebekah an hour away, and I need to leave in 5 minutes-- so I can't even enjoy it-- story of my life. :sad: :wink:

Have a great day everyone--
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Bobbi - I LOVE General Tso's Chicken. Just had it Monday for lunch. Had stir fry yesterday from the cafeteria too. I'm up a little over a pound from the last time I updated my ticker. The great part is that I know I can get back to where I was. I am so ready for spring. I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt in the flower beds. Thanks for the reminder that Spring will be here soon.

Battling an extremely raw throat, throbbing head and ears today. I'm hoping like @#$% that it lets up so I don't have to go for a strep test. Sigh. Have not found the DVD. I hope to convince DH to let me buy another copy of it this weekend. That's a sure-fire way to find the missing one.

Take care my friends. I'm off to get some more tea. Feels oh so good on throat. I started off well today with oatmeal. But then had poptarts and some fritos. Neither one did wonders for the throat - I can be an idiot sometimes.

Kati...I hope you find your DVD before you buy another. My luck always has me finding whatever it is after I buy a replacement.
    Are you putting honey in your tea? That helps.
  • jimswmn
    Options

Hey Bobbi - I just tried the Healthy Choices Cafe Steamers General Tsao chicken last night. I'm not big on frozen dinners, but this was awesome!!!! and healthy!!!! - not your usual combination.. worth a try.. I can not eat Chinese take out anymore - I gain at least 3 pounds everytime I try..

Kati - I am also a sucker for pop tarts and fritos - can't have them in the house, they just jump into my mouth - completely against my will, I swear!!!

We had a whole yard full of robins yesterday - big, fat robins - spring must be coming soon - even though parts of my state (not me - thank god) are getting 8-12 inches of snow. Hang in there my gardening, spring loving friends!!!

Janie...Thanks for the heads up on the Healthy Choices General Tso. I will have to look for it next time I'm out.

Kati and Janie....Fritos are the devil. They find a way to make me eat them all the time. :wink:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I am having a better today, I talked to my trainer today and she said I need to take the next step which is eat more since I burn alot of calories and sweat an awful lot, so thats where I am headed, hopefully it will work out in the end for me I am still using sta for my family day and am so excited about it you dont even know.

Well off to read dr oz book before I eat my yummy toastado that I have been craving!!

Hope everyone had a great weigh in and I am like lori I am not doing the weigh in thing either..

Have a great day peeps,

I know ya;ll are hear for me and will listen when I need someone to I need to quit posting it on facebook becasue thats where they judge me!!!

I am also gonna start a journal its cant judge me either..well off ya'll
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Tamara- proud of you for getting past yesterday. Sometimes we forget that since diet, food, exercise, worrying about it is a HUGE part of our lives that there are other things to talk about. I think keeping a journal will be great for you and yes, you know we are always here to listen.

I talk about it here. I talk about it occassionally with my friends at the gym, but even there, it's better if we just joke around and have fun. Otherwise, that's about it. I'm past people asking if I've lost weight, I've been at this weight long enough it's the way people are used to seeing me. Sometimes I actually miss it, sounds vain, but it's nice that somebody noticed all your hard work, makes you proud of your accomplishment.

Sometimes at the gym I want to wear a sign that says "I used to be fat". I see the way the heavier women look at me that are in there working out. The only way they know me is the fit girl lifting weights and doing more cardio than they can fathom. I used to look at those women too and think 'b!tch'. Not in a mean way, but in a 'I'm sure she looks like that with hardly trying' idea in my head.

On occasion I've talked to somebody and if the subject comes up I will say I used to weigh 200 pounds. The look on their face is priceless and their comments that it gives them 'hope' is even better. So yes, a sign that announces I used to be fat would be ok.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Tamara- proud of you for getting past yesterday. Sometimes we forget that since diet, food, exercise, worrying about it is a HUGE part of our lives that there are other things to talk about. I think keeping a journal will be great for you and yes, you know we are always here to listen.

I talk about it here. I talk about it occassionally with my friends at the gym, but even there, it's better if we just joke around and have fun. Otherwise, that's about it. I'm past people asking if I've lost weight, I've been at this weight long enough it's the way people are used to seeing me. Sometimes I actually miss it, sounds vain, but it's nice that somebody noticed all your hard work, makes you proud of your accomplishment.

Sometimes at the gym I want to wear a sign that says "I used to be fat". I see the way the heavier women look at me that are in there working out. The only way they know me is the fit girl lifting weights and doing more cardio than they can fathom. I used to look at those women too and think 'b!tch'. Not in a mean way, but in a 'I'm sure she looks like that with hardly trying' idea in my head.

On occasion I've talked to somebody and if the subject comes up I will say I used to weigh 200 pounds. The look on their face is priceless and their comments that it gives them 'hope' is even better. So yes, a sign that announces I used to be fat would be ok.

i feel that way too, sometimes. i think that's one of the reasons we wanted to do the news thing. i think it will kind of be like my sign that says "hey i used to be obese and and now i'm healthy and it took a lot of hard work and focus to get here." i used to hate "skinny" girls, too because i felt like they had everything i wanted but couldn't get. i thought i could never get thin no matter what i did. i used to talk about losing weight all the time, especially with my family, and i still do sometimes, but i try not to talk too much about it anymore. and at christmastime, when family i hadn't seen in a while said "wow! you look great!" i just said "thank you" instead of launching into all the details of my weight loss. of course if they ask, i'll tell them, but it's not the topic of every conversation anymore.