200+ (Week 18) Fling Into Spring!

Options

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    pinbot, I'm glad the bird watching went well! How exciting! Thanks so much for all the exercises! I will definitely do them tomorrow, and possibly today if I'm up for it after my trip to the rec center. Do you have them in pdf/doc format? That way I don't have to keep running over to the computer to check the screen for the next exercise. I can print them off.

Off to the rec center in about an hour or so. This weekend has gone well so far. I'm down in weight, but that's no surprise, as I tend to weigh less on the weekends as long as I eat well (I'm sure it's the later weigh-in time), but I'm edging nearer and nearer to the 200 mark, which is pretty damn exciting. I'm a bit ocd about weighing in, and I do it twice, a couple minutes apart and then take the higher number. This weekend, I logged the highest of the 4 times, which was 203.4, but my other weights were 202.6, 202.4, and 201.8 (eee!). SO CLOSE. Now, I just hope to at least maintain the 203 through the rest of the week, as that seems to be my pattern. Although I wouldn't be opposed to a bit more :wink:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Well I'm definitely 200+ and am joining as many good groups on MFP as I can. Do you have a challenge or anything in this group? I'm 211 and looking to break out of the 200's ASAP! It's almost spring!!! And it seems like a great group if you are on week 18 already!

We have been going a group for 18 weeks but just started a 6 week challenge and new people are always joining us. You are more than welcome to join in. If you want to be on the chart that I will post, let us know your highest weight, weight as of 2/12 (start of 6 week challenge), weight on 2/19 (we weigh in on Fridays), and how much you want to lose. Most of us picked 10 pounds. :flowerforyou:

If you want to learn more about us, search through and look at our past threads.

The ab challenge is new starting today. It is optional except for my buddies that asked for it:wink: but guaranteed to improve core strength.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Do you have them in pdf/doc format? That way I don't have to keep running over to the computer to check the screen for the next exercise. I can print them off.

I swear there is a gremlin that steals posts. I wrote a great thing and it disappeared into thin air. So here goes again - Sorry but I haven't figured out how to save them that way from my exercise program. I do have a copy that I can fax if you want to PM me the number.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    great AB ideas pinot, and i would never dream of suing you!!
    busy day yesterday visiting with my parents. have to get in all the time i can with them before we move.
    day started out good with a healthy bowl of malt o meal, then turned gloomy when my selfish aunt (whom we currently are staying with) came and turned off my jazz music so she could channel surf. so rude!
    anyhow, that's it for me today so far!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Gotta love the sunshine. I just got back from running 3 miles outside - WOW it felt great and only took 41 min which is pretty good with all the hills. I was invited to run with friends in the Corktown 5K on March 14th but I don't know if I want to drive downstate that soon. I am going down next weekend for a baby shower and again on March 27th for more birding... I want to stay home but I want to run the 5K... I have some time to think about it.

Gotta go make mini hamburgs for lunch and then do paperwork... DH is getting restless for food. I haven't cooked since Thursday.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Just popped on here for a minute...I weighed Friday at the gym (after work as always) and I weighed 209. So I guess I lost 1 lb? I'll take it. Now I have to work extra hard this week and the rest of today to keep my cals down and work hard. At least it is something.

I put some capris on this morning that i had bought to wear when I was pregnant (I went for larger sizes instead of uncomfortabel maternity wear). Well anyways, they are usually tight in the tummy area and fine in the hips. Today they are a bit loose everywhere, YEAY!

My inlaws just left and it went better than expected. I get anxiety when they come, you never know what you are going to get with them. So I'm going to clean the bathrooms and then go outside and get some major yard work done. It started raining here before we got everything trimmed up and and all the dead flowers are still in the baskets, etc. It will be good to get out and get some fresh air!

Have a great day ladies!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Lacey- isn't it great when clothes that didn't fit are now loose? It's such a fab feeling! Congrats!!

Pinbot- I'm so proud of all your running!! I can't believe I'm on the second to last week of c25k. It's really pretty outside today... I thought about running outside instead, but I wanted to be able to monitor my distance and speed better. Once I'm done with the 9 weeks, I'll transition to outside. I know I'll have to if I ever want to run a 5K (which I totes want to do!)

cds- how DARE she turn off your jazz music? Not cool. Not cool at all! Hope the day perks back up again!

I just got back from the rec center and grocery shopping. Did the 28 minutes running. It was a but more difficult than I thought it would be. The 3 extra minutes definitely made a difference! I've got a question for my runner gals. When you say you've run a particular distance, are you counting just the distance when you're running or also the warm-up/down distance. Like today, my running distance was about 2.2-2.3 miles, but when I added in the 5 minutes warm up walk, and the 2 minutes left in the 30 minute exercise, and a 5 minute cooldown, it was around 2.8miles. Just curious! It'll take a while until I get up to running 3 miles alone. But I know I'll get there eventually. After running, I did 35 minutes on the bike... about 7 miles. Was pleased with myself. Depending on how I'm feeling I might do the ab work as well, but I might save for tomorrow (Pinbot- I might take you up on the fax offer... or, as you were able to upload it to the site, do you have it in picture form? I could still print in that format).

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day! I plan to veg out, read, watch the olympics, and make myself a fat veggie sandwich in a minute.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Super heros...just a quick pop in, we are out the door for a baseball game, and the grandkids left a couple hours ago...I have to pull myself together pretty quick. I'll be back later to read posts....

Hello....everyone, hope your all having a great day!!:flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kristina - I had to use the tiny pic website to upload the pictures and I didn't save the files. It would be easier to fax it to you. You may be able to save each image (there are 4 dif ones) as JPEG to your computer and print them that way. Or try to take screen shot of your computer screen (PrtSc SysRq button on my computer) and paste (hold control and hit v) it into Microsoft Paint and then resize and print. If I get a PM with a phone number, I'll know you want me to fax it. I have asked DH (several times:grumble: ) to get my laser printer/fax to send my computer PDF files but it's like the plumber's house with leaky faucet - the computer engineer wont to do non essential things for his wife's business. MEN:explode: or should I say computer guys:explode: I'll ask again but wont hold my breath waiting.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    By the way Kristina - I am going to go internet shopping to get supplies for your grad party next week. What kind of cupcakes do you want? I used to count the warm up/cool down in my distance but now that I can jog 3 miles I have been leaving it out of my reports. I do log the miles on my shoes so I went 3.5 total today. If you keep adding 3 min a week after you graduate, it will only take about 3 weeks for you to be jogging the full 5K on the treadmill at 4.5 mph. I loved the transition to running outside. It is much easier to do - the scenery is much better (unless you have eye candy at the rec center)... Then I will be jealous:tongue:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I have a proposal to bring to the superhero group....just an idea, and i only want to do it if we all agree on it. and i won't be hurt if no one else wants to do it.
    How would everyone feel about maybe switching our weigh in day to sunday.
    here's my reasoning.....
    it seems like the weekends are the hardest for everyone, so if we all had to be accountable on sunday, wouldn't that make us eat better on saturday.....and then seeing the weight loss would continue over into eating right on sunday??
    just an idea, wanted to throw it out there. feel free to toss it away
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i kinda like that idea. i have trouble remembering fridays since they are such busy days for me.sundays are much better for me
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I like having the weigh in on Friday. It gives me a few days to relax and enjoy the weekend and then I work extra hard all week to make up for it. This is probably going to be a lifestyle for me since my husband is off on the weekends and likes to eat out more and we frequently go out of town for mini-vacations. I would miss several weigh-ins a month since I wouldn't be home on Sunday to use my scale.

edited to add - by the way my abs are sore today:bigsmile: I guess they got a good workout.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I thought I would post the numbers for week 1. I am finally getting the hang of putting charts and pictures into the messages. Now that I have the directions memorized, it's not like pulling teeth. Let me know if I have anything wrong.

ibdk05.jpg
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I don't see any reason why we can't have dif weigh-in days as long as each person gets the weight recorded within a few days of each other. This would allow you to choose Fri, Sat or Sun - which ever worked the best for you. We could just call it weekend weigh-in. What do others think?

edited for spelling - it is mon and I suck at spelling.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I totally digg friday weigh-ins, but i weigh in everyday anywho..lol. i got TOM today.. put me up 3lbs, and im weighing in with the nutritionist @ 10am.. blahh. today were gonna be at appts all morning, so we will probably get mc d's for lunch... yuck, im so greatful to get my rag, but i feel nasty!
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well this weekend. I did not get a chance to get onto my treadmill (once again I took work home to make extra $$). But, I did several rounds of Wii Tennis and that at least got me moving. Tonight treadmill here I come! Not mention my husband is really excited I have started to use our treadmill. He said this is how he is losing all his weight.

Pinbo - I printed out all you exercisers and plan to use them this week. I know my limits so I will not over do it.

Glad to see (read :happy:) everyone is doing well. I plan on being on MFP chatting daily not just logging food. So far being part of this group, even though it has only been a little while, has encouraged me.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Hey ladies. Woke up to 6+ inches this morning... just what I wanted after a lovely warmer day here yesterday. Blech! The drive into the clinic was hellacious this morning and it's still snowing pretty hard out there!

As for the weigh-in question, I'm down with having a flexible one (Fri-Sun). Because the weekends are when I'm most likely to go out or eat more, I like the idea of havign already weighed in, so I don't feel as bad, and it makes me work hard over the rest of the week to compensate. How about I still post the new week's thread Thursday nights as always, and peeps have through the weekend to post their weight for the week? So people can decide what day will be best. Actually Saturday mornings I'm often at my lowest because I sleep in and weigh in later, but I think I'll probably still stick with Friday mornings.

Originally, I was going to go to pub trivia tonight, but as the Olympics are still in full steam, I'm taking a rain check with the friends. Ice dancing finale? Men's aerials? A girl has her priorities! Plus, that's one less poor eating day for the week. Bonus! As for exercise today, I'm undecided on what I'll do. I'm going to make an attempt at Pinbot's ab/core exercises, and maybe toss in a workout dvd as well. Perhaps cardio ballroom? Maybe a pilates one instead. We'll see. Eating SHOULD be okay today.

mish- good luck on the treadmill today! added bonus of the fact that the hubby is excited for you!

nikki- hope the nutritionist goes well!

pinbot- thanks for posting the chart! glad to hear the ab exercises made you sore, as that means they are totes going make you all sexy skinny! looking forward to trying them out!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Good morning peeps,

When I left the house at 8 there was no new snow. Now there's about an inch and driving is getting treacherous (frown). I am close to farthest client's home so will be will at least be making my way back towards home in an hour. All of my afternoon clients are within 10 miles of my home. At least the world is pretty - white and clean. I had to give a massage at my last client's home and my abs were protesting. I can't wait until tomorrow so I can do the workout again. Well I don't want to be late. I'll catch you later.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    ok so I just printed out your ab exercises and will try to do them tonight. I'm looking to change up my cardio since all I've done is the elliptical and zumba...man I wish they had zumba more than one night a week. I should really suggest it since the class is becoming really big and there are a lot of people in it.

I like the idea of having a flex weigh in day. Personally I will stick to the Friday weigh in cause I always let go on the weekends, which is exactly why I'm not losing as fast as you ladies but oh well. I am still losing and that is what is important.

Went to a bar with my bff over the weekend and had a very interesting night to say the least. Been getting kind of depressed cause this is Joey's last week here and I will be moving back into the house on Friday....all by myself. It just seems so empty....I'm really hoping that getting a second job will keep my mind off of it and keep me busy 2-3 weeknights and then I will be going to the gym the other nights of the week.