girls dont like skinny guys

Options

Replies

• Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I like muscular guys... I like being able to feel a guys strength when his arms are around me. I'm physically fairly strong, and i always feel like i'm going to break the skinny boys.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna argue with what girls like, because we are all different and have different preferences.

I don't think you necessarily need a trainer, Stronglifts would be a great program for you to start with. just do as much research as you can so you can keep good form, thats number 1.
    http://stronglifts.com

If you are trying to put on muscle, start with eating a hundred or so calories above your TDEE.
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here today. My goal is to add muscle to my frame. Currently I'm at 130 lbs Hoping to get to around 150 or so. I don't look that thin in my profile pic, think I may have zoomed in too much, but anyway I have trouble getting dates because most girls say I'm way to skinny that I need some muscle so that's why I'm here. I joined a gym last week , would it be more beneficial to get a personal trainer. Do most girls go for bigger guys?

Girls like facial aesthetics. Skinny doesn't really matter.

Dude, when you post crap like this you should really back it up with something scientific. I can make up stuff too and not support it and make people walk around all misinformed and think wrong things so I'd appreciate it if you'd just stop m....

Source:

Twilight

Nvm you're right, my bad Sublog.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP and I wish you great success!!

I don't think we can generalize - if you look through other forum threads, you'll see - people like all kinds of people. :-)

My personal taste used to be husky, football-big guys... until I met my husband. He's super-tall and super-lean. It was a chemistry thing... I saw him and just knew he was for me.

I was worried I'd break him in half- HA! Luckily, that hasn't been a problem.

So, good luck to you and developing the body YOU'RE most comfortable with. The confidence that comes with that will take you far!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i like lean guys, as well as muscular. My husband is more on the lean side. but good for you for wanting to improve yours physique :)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Pfft....this is all preference. As long as you are sweet, funny, and know how to woo me, I don't much care if you're super skinny. I will admit in the past I've felt a bit uncomfortable having bfs who were smaller than me but I got over it cuz I liked the dude.

That being said...find out all that scientificy stuff that others have posted about BMR and yada yada and get to the weights, my friend :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I actually tend to find skinny guys attractive. But I also like the muscular type (not too muscular) Like someone said, It may not be the fact that you are "too thin" that is the problem maybe it's just their excuse??? IDK. Try for a Personal Trainer and eat good food stuff. And find a girl who likes you for you. :)
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I would get a PT if you are not familiar with lifting. Other then that if you are familiar with the gym and weights you should be fine.

As far as adding weight for the ladies....just be sure you do it right and dont be too impatient. If you are thin metabolism has a lot to do with that so your bio clock will be your biggest fight.. At your age I too had a hell of a time gaining Lean Muscle Mass....tried everything short of juice but it slowly came. One thing that helped me pack on the lbs was lifting heavy... like 85% 1MR. Check out stronglifts.com or Google "Reg Parks 5x5". That along with eating good quality meals (high in protein, low in carbs, fats, sugars, ect), will be the best and surest way to get the results you are looking for.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    UM. What?

I've been with a skinny guy for 18 years.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think you should looks up Stronglifts 5x5 and do the 12 week trial.... And I like skinny dudes...ha. But they are young so that probably makes a difference (dont know how old you even are)
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If you're really interested in gaining weight, whatever the reason. A good lifting program like StrongLifts 5x5 (www.stronglifts.com) will give you the strength training and incorporating GOMAD (Gallon Of Milk A Day) will help get your calories up and help you gain weight.
  • ncruso24
    ncruso24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's all true that girls don't go for skinny guys. I've always had a preference for skinny men. My guy now is very very skinny and I like it! :-)

Same here. I prefer a skinny guy to one that looks like he's roided out. I don't want him to be skinnier than me tho. lol
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    If you're really interested in gaining weight, whatever the reason. A good lifting program like StrongLifts 5x5 (www.stronglifts.com) will give you the strength training and incorporating GOMAD (Gallon Of Milk A Day) will help get your calories up and help you gain weight.

I tried the GOMAD and I just could not down that much milk in a day. I was able to get half a gallon but no more then that. Although eating a ton isnt much easier....but for me it is a lil more enjoyable then feeling milk sloshing around in my stomach, but many people do that and have great success with it.
  • CinnamonKai
    CinnamonKai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I personally hate muscular guys. If its lean muscle, then I'm okay with that... but if the men are extremely buff, then it is just unattractive to me (See: Buff, greasy men in Fireman calendar). I am more attracted to skinnier guys; the guy I am with now is much skinnier than me.
    To each their own, I suppose.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Do most girls go for bigger guys?

I do.

*corrected from original answer*

Title of thread - Girls dont like skinny guys. Original thread ends with "Do most girls go for bigger guys?"

forced my answer to look incorrect.

I dont go for skinny guys that look like I could take them. If I ever bring down my man, I want to have to work my butt off to make that even close to happening. I better be damn winded.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I personally hate muscular guys. If its lean muscle, then I'm okay with that... but if the men are extremely buff, then it is just unattractive to me (See: Buff, greasy men in Fireman calendar). I am more attracted to skinnier guys; the guy I am with now is much skinnier than me.

Lean muscle...... as opposed to fatty muscle? Is that like marbling?
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    How about guys are great, regardless of their build?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You know, bodybuilders and fitness models don't actually sweat vegetable oil and retain that buff sheen all the time.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I like skinny guys. My boyfriend is pretty slim and I think hes rather attractive. He has some muscle too, and I love it. I think muscles are hot (not body builder type muscles, but anywhere from lean muscle to slightly-buff muscle). He's got lean muscle and I think he's really attractive the way he is now. It all just depends on the the girl. IMO You'll stick to lifting and bulking longer if you are doing it for yourself. I say go for it, if it's what you wanna do.