What's wrong with her husband?

Options

Replies

• Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sounds like they are in an open marriage. Why don't you just ask her? Communication is important and you need to know where you stand/what the rules are with this relationship. I dont think you shouid assume he is gay, there are a lot of different types of marriage/relationships out there---no big deal. If it is indeed open and you are okay with being the 3rd and everyone else is okay with it then what is the problem? You said she treats you well-so just enjoy.

^ My thoughts too, reading this I wonder if they're perhaps swingers.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Maybe he can't "perform" or get her pregnant and they're using you as a donor? Maybe he married her for a green card or to take her out of some desperate situation? Maybe they have a open marriage? Or maybe he really is gay. Sounds like an odd arrangement in any case; however he sounds like he's aware of what's going on and supports it.

Still, the best answer would come from them.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Two words...Devil's Threeway :flowerforyou:
  • madworld1
    Options
    It makes me laugh that out of this situation most people are saying "this marriage is not normal" one of my best friend is in a polyamourous relationship with the girl that he is living with, he just bought an engagement ring for her. They're tha hppiest couple I've ever seen in my life, whos to say what marriage is normal?
    Just a little side note there ;)

"Normal" has a different definition to everyone. It's just not normal to a vast majority.
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's really weird. I agree, he's either gay or cheating on her. Either way, the marriage is not "normal." Maybe it's an open marriage? Since ya'll seem pretty close, why not just ask her?
    Hell, why not ask him?
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    This was very long and painfull for me to read..but damn, my life is so boring
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    ok i refuse to believe this is real, but on the off chance it is.......i jsut watched a show called catfish the other day and thought life couldnt get any weirder than this.....then i read this and i was wrong.....go find someone else for the love of god...

LOVE THAT SHOW!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    He could also be one of those guys that's into watching his wife get banged by other dudes while he jerks it all over you...sorry...too much?
    :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, who knows...maybe you'll like it :ohwell:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    They're probably plotting your murder.

I was expecting "just break up"
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    ok i refuse to believe this is real, but on the off chance it is.......i jsut watched a show called catfish the other day and thought life couldnt get any weirder than this.....then i read this and i was wrong.....go find someone else for the love of god...
    It's real. Actually, it would make a helluva lot more sense if he didn't know about me. Then it would be as simple as her being my sugar momma on his dime. But, he does know which is what is so crazy.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    If she cheats on him she'll cheat on you.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    It makes me laugh that out of this situation most people are saying "this marriage is not normal" one of my best friend is in a polyamourous relationship with the girl that he is living with, he just bought an engagement ring for her. They're tha hppiest couple I've ever seen in my life, whos to say what marriage is normal?

THIS! there is NOTHING wrong with a polyamourous relationship, as long as all parties involved are aware of the rules.

the problem with OP, that i can see, is that he walked in thinking that he was cheating... and he was OK with that. the problem is not with her husband. it's not - from what i can see - with her marriage. the problem is that the OP started something NOT KNOWING that she was in an open marriage.

OP, you need to sit down with everyone involved and talk this out like rational adults.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    They're probably plotting your murder.

I was expecting "just break up"
    if there was a relationship, there would be something to break up over LOL \m/
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

Statistics say what is normal.

So have you recently run a statistical comparison of success rate of long-term polyamorous marriages vs long term traditional marriages? If you find one, I'd love to read it.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I saw this movie. . you die at the end. .
  • madworld1
    Options

So have you recently run a statistical comparison of success rate of long-term polyamorous marriages vs long term traditional marriages? If you find one, I'd love to read it.

I don't think that anyone is trying to say that one is better than the other. I only said "normal" (and I did put it in quotations) because it is the most common in our society.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's real. Actually, it would make a helluva lot more sense if he didn't know about me. Then it would be as simple as her being my sugar momma on his dime. But, he does know which is what is so crazy.

Cuckold relationship. He's gonna watch you two do it while he's chained to the radiator. Then he's going to raise the kid that you have with her. Yup.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Man, I so thought this was gonna be like a lesbian story, but you ended out being a man...I hate you.

I was thinking the same thing....I feel so let down now
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options

I'm a Six Sigma Black Belt that runs nothing but statistics all day. There is no such thing as a "normal" marriage..except the divorce that comes from it. If being polyamourous works for them, have at it!
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Man, I so thought this was gonna be like a lesbian story, but you ended out being a man...I hate you.

bhahahahahaa, this.