• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I know I don't fit into the 3%.

If I did, I probably wouldn't be here.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    7 out of 9 - the only ones I don't meet are the fruits & veggies (I'm working on it!) and the being overweight.

Eventually, I'll be 9/9 :)
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have 8/9 and I am British.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

– No high cholesterol
    good chance I don't have high cholesterol since I don't eat meat

Be Careful with that assumption. Many Vegetarians have High Cholesterol:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/415252-high-cholesterol-in-vegetarians/
    http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?17774-High-Cholesterol-Vegan

What you eat has a little to do with your cholesterol, but your body makes it too. Compare me with my mother: She's 5'2, 105 lbs, and has cholesterol around 300, and is on medication for it. I'm 5'9", and even when I was at my peak of 305, my cholesterol was around 185 .. Now at 235-240, it's 160
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    8 out of 9 for me - I'm not a big veggie fan so still working on getting enough of those.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    8 out of 9
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    8/9. After the new year when I drop this holiday weight, I should be 9/9 again. Not too shabby for a grandma.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    – Eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day ...........No. It depends on the day. It also depends on what you count as a serving.I do try and get some in every day.I love fruit and veg. Depending on the time of my life, I have.

1 serving of vegetables is 1/2 cup for most. For leafy vegetables, 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked. (standard US measuring cup)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Usually, I am 7 out of 9...as I am overweight & obese
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I meet all but the five or more servings of f & v a day. Some days I meet that one, but not all.
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    7/9. meh
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I was just doctor confirmed to have all of these, but I had a stroke anyway :D
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    9/9. Why isn't RHR on the list as an indicator for heart health though? And why does only 3% of the population meet this criteria? All but the blood pressure (which is sometimes a bit beyond one's control) seems like a no brainer. Be in a healthy weight range, eat produce, get physical activity, don't smoke.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    8/9. Need to work on the fruit and veggies.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    9/9. Why isn't RHR on the list as an indicator for heart health though? And why does only 3% of the population meet this criteria? All but the blood pressure (which is sometimes a bit beyond one's control) seems like a no brainer. Be in a healthy weight range, eat produce, get physical activity, don't smoke.

High cholesterol isn't indicative to being over weight or out of shape. Also, many people have high cholesterol but it's their good cholesterol that's driving the total number which doctors don't tell you. They just look at the total and say "Yup. high." My total is high but my good is what's driving the number up.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    9/9 BABY!
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    9/9 for me! And I know I shouldn't be shocked by how unhealthy Americans are, but only 3 percent meet these criteria? Duuuuudes, come ON.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Believe it or not, RHR is more complicated of an issue than weight/cholesterol/BP related. I have tachycardia as a secondary sign of my thyroid issues. My RHR is routinely in the 80s, 90s, and sometimes 100s, even though my heart and arteries are something of an impressive specimen (apparently). My heart health is great, however, my RHR is high because of an issue unrelated to weight, etc.

Cholesterol can be beyond people's control, too, unfortunately. Perfect height, weight, and diet can still lead some to have too low or too high ratios due to genetics.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    yep! looks like i am. :-)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    "Eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day" <-I think I sometimes lose points for this one because I have my "I'm gonna eat cchips and bars" days during stressful times :P