Do you wear your wedding band/engagement ring at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I don't wear it because it scares the men away...

I don't notice if someone has a ring on or not and I usually have my lifting gloves on anyway.
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i never wear mine. first they are too big and could easily fall off. then the majority of my workouts are boxing so i wouldn't want them to get messed up.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Hell no. I'm not going to risk ruining the ring or the finger on the bar.
  • RavenLoonatic
    Options
    My husband and I never ever take our rings off. If the rings can fall off, then they should be re-sized.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Nope. My kickboxing gloves are pretty snug and my engagement ring is not tiny and I don't want to damage it. I have a box that it goes in and a lock for the locker. When I go to the gym, I still take it off. I don't want to damage it.

Do I like taking it off? No. I love my ring and the man that gave it to me. But I want to preserve it as long as I can. I hope to eventually have a chain to put it on to wear around my neck.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I keep mine on, but the pinch is starting to annoy me so I might start taking it off. I like the idea of having a cheaper band to put on! Maybe get something that won't pinch as easily and you aren't paranoid of losing. That seems like a good compromise if he wants you to wear something.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I wear mine all the time unless my fingers swell too much for me to wear it. I normally don't have that problem often, so I leave it on.
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    I do not wear my ring to the gym. I don't want it to slip off. Also I saw someone mention put it on a necklace. I had my sisters ring on a necklace and from it moving around it broke. I lost it! I was so sad!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Currently I wear mine when I'm working out.

Actually, I just got back from lifting and noticed it was pinching my finger today and I thought it was annoying.

On the other hand, I would NOT feel comfortable taking it off and leaving it in the locker room.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I never take mine off. I wear gloves while lifting to prevent scratches on the band. I've not had any problems with pinching, but if I did I would probably take it off. My fiance probably won't wear his to the gym when he gets one, and that's ok with me.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't wear my wedding/engagement rings when at the gym. #1 they're made of gold and could be damaged so easily. #2 I've lost weight and they occasionally fall off, I would hate to lose them. #3 wearing rings when working out is just plain uncomfortable.
    On the other hand though, my husband doesn't have a problem with me not wearing mine. He doesn't wear his either because it's uncomfortable when working out.
    ETA: I leave it at home, not in the locker room.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't wear mine because it HAS fallen off while I'm on the treadmill before...
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    With looks like mine, and a personality that naturally repels women, there's no need for me to wear it.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    With looks like mine, and a personality that naturally repels women, there's no need for me to wear it.

xD
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I wear mine cause I can't take them off in the morning.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I wear mine for everything except heavy deadlifts (more than 200#) and hitting the heavy bag because they eat my hands up. After pulling my engagement ring out of an open wound on the bottom of my finger, i wont wear it if theres a risk of it digging in.

my fiance isnt bothered by it, he understands the ring could get ruined or i could get injured. Hes already told me he wont wear his wedding band to work because it could get crushed or scratched to hell. Im not upset-i paid a lot for a ring he likes and id prefer it not being scratched to pieces ;)

If the ring is loose, uncomfortable, or leaves blisters, tell your hubs!loose=if its lost, you buy me a new one/uncomfortable=this bugs me and i cant focus on my form/blisters=youll give me a manicure when my hands look like a mans ;)

In all seriousness-id be crushed if my ring got damaged. It has my moms engagement diamonf in it, and my fiance had it custom set in white gold. it means a lot to me.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    A ring and steel bars don't mix. If the problem is jealousy then, well that's a different problem.
  • RavenLoonatic
    Options
    A ring and steel bars don't mix. If the problem is jealousy then, well that's a different problem.

Agreed!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't wear my wedding rinf in the gym. I don't wear any jewelry in the gym. I am never without it anywhere else.
  • RavenLoonatic
    Options
    I said earlier I never take mine off, but I do not lift weights other than smaller dumbbells. If I lifted weights, I probably would leave my ring at home. Luckily I go to a tiny gym and no one is there to harass me at the time I go.