Do you wear your wedding band/engagement ring at the gym?

Options

Replies

• BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I am blessed with greatest wife in the world for over 33+ years. She is my equal and soulmate in life. If it takes a ring for me to be faithful, well...do the math. I lost my wedding band years ago down the sink. My "ring" is in my heart for the love I have for her.
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I never take mine off. When I started losing weight, I moved it to the next finger so it won't slip off. It stays there until I get to my goal then I will have it re-sized. But I guess I might be a bit old fashioned about it... :)
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I don't wear mine at all... The wife trusts me enough. After 21 years together, we are fully committed to each other.

Though it does flatter me a bit when I have to tell someone "Sorry, I am married". :happy:
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My husband wears his out the door to work, but takes it off once he gets there because of the work he does, and then wears it home and when we go out places or around family and some days will forget to wear it.

With me losing weight, unfortunately my wedding band is actually too big now and will slide off at any chance (so does my glasses), so I wear mine to the y or out in public or around family and even at work but when i run or weight lift or swim i take it off and put it in my wallet. And then put it back on once i am done and am heading home. I don't wear it around our house, but neither does he.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I leave the jewelry at home. I only wear the HRM watch for my calorie burn.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    I always wear my ring to the gym, I just usually wear lifting gloves so my ring is safe.

Note: I only wear a band, not an engagement ring so I have less to worry about. :drinker:
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I never take my wedding band off but only because I'd lose it in 10 seconds it if it were anywhere other than my finger.
    ^^^^^^^^^
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I always wear mine. It doesn't really occur to me to take it off, and I would probably lose it. Mine is not that big, though.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    When I was still going to the gym I always wore mine and mine is pretty bulky. But I went to a gym with more creeps than you could imagine so it was a MUST! I think some ladies that weren't even married wore rings just to scare the creeps away!

I've had guys at the gym hit on my wife while we're at the gym together. For some guys, there's no shame.
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    I take mine off at the gym (and, amongst other times, every time I wash my hands). I'm tired of it going on and off so much and I'm thinking about having one tattooed.
  • HeidiSmith419
    HeidiSmith419 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My husband and I bought plain bands to wear. Mine is just sterling silver with rhodium plating (makes the finish nicer) and his is titanium I think? Or maybe tungsten. They were cheap and I don't have to worry about losing mine or damaging it. They are both comfort fit rings so no pinching that I've noticed.
  • patty4899
    Options
    No, it bothers me when I lift
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wear my wedding band and my engagement ring. My husband wears his wedding band also.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i wear mine! When I'm lifting, I just tie it into my headphones and put it back on after I'm done. I use an iPod shuffle, though, so my music is clipped to my bra... my headphones are always close so that method may not work if you carry around an iPod...
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    my ring never leaves my finger. Everyone is different though, I have quite a few girl friends who don't wear their ring always, and also guy friends that dont.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I never take my wedding ring off but I wear just a small, plain, silver band. It never bothers me.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't wear his and I stopped wearing mine while lifting bc the heavy weights aren't good for the longevity of the band and quite frankly it hurts my fingers when I'm dead lifting etc. We are both perfectly comfortable with this and we go together 75% of the time anyways. We are pretty secure with one another another and having our rings off for an hour doesn't make us any less married or committed. To feel uncomfortable or dishonest by not wearing a ring is a little silly and insecure IMO.
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    I always do. I feel naked without it. I can understand some not wearing it though. Especially those lifting. It kills when I lift but I just can't take it off.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I always do. I feel naked without it. I can understand some not wearing it though. Especially those lifting. It kills when I lift but I just can't take it off.

I feel naked without mine too.. and I always have this fear of losing it if I take it off!
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I never take mine off I take my other rings off though. It think it's for sentimental reasons. I have many friends that take it off cuz they are afraid they'll damage them.