Do you wear your wedding band/engagement ring at the gym?

Options

Replies

• rkirbac
    rkirbac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always wear my ring, even at the gym. The exception is when my RA flares up... then it hurts to wear the ring anywhere. My wife's engagement & wedding rings are separate (though she usually wears both at the same time), so she sometimes leaves the large engagement ring in a safe place while wearing only the simple wedding band.
  • phyllistheresa
    phyllistheresa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do but my husband does not
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Neither my wife nor I wear ours when lifting. We both lift very heavy, and the bar could easily bend the white gold band of her's. Mine is Tungsten, but I'd rather it not be digging into my finger when I am lifting.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn mine at all in the past 3 or so months...not to the gym or anywhere. It seems that I was carrying the bulk of my weight in my ring finger, cause the damn thing falls off all the time now.
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I do. But only my band, not my engagement ring.
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I warped one of my rings at the gym once before!! :( Some jerk left 11 of those 45-pound plates on each side of the leg press!!! Somewhere in my transitioning of the 20 plates I didn't need it got completely misshapen. As a result, I never wear my rings unless I'm just doing straight cardio, I would not want that to happen to my wedding or engagement bands!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I wear my rings at all times, everywhere. It's never been a problem.
  • Naomi0222
    Options
    I wear my rings at the gym all the time. I feel naked if I don't lol. I left the house once, and when I got to the end of my street, I turned back home to go get it. Never had any problems wearing it. I get more complaints from my husband when the diamond scratches his back!!! ( I just laugh it off and tell him. " you buy it. "
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I didn't because due to my weight loss its slips VERY easy. My guard isn't 100% reliable either.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I wear an engagement ring on my left hand, and a pretty fashion ring on my right hand. I run, I'm starting to lift, and haven't had any issues thus far.
    Even if it did scratch, I can always take it in for a polishing. If the polishing costs, then what is owning your relationship worth to you?
    If your ring breaks, then the place you purchased it from needs to replace it - because it's not supposed to do that.

Keep in mind that I am not married or engaged.

ETA: when I was married and in the process of losing 80# in 2 years, I had my ring resized often just for this purpose - I don't want to look single (even though I technically am)
  • FunFitFast
    FunFitFast Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I lock mine in my locker at the gym. When I work out my hands swell, so I take it off before I can't take it off period! I don't see what the big deal is to take it off.
  • rjbalcer
    Options
    No I don't wear my rings to the gym.....while lifting they get in the way and it was also recommended from my jeweler that I don't.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I don't wear my rings at all. They are 3 sizes too big now, so they fall right off.
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Neither my husband nor I wear wedding rings any where anymore. They are too big and need to be resized. :smile:
  • jnichel
    Options
    I didn't because due to my weight loss its slips VERY easy. My guard isn't 100% reliable either.

I went to point at something while at work one day, and just about took a co-worker's head off when my ring went flying.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I wear my ring, always! It's not any more an option than my marriage. I wear gloves when I lift heavy. I may have to size my ring down eventually but I don't think it's going to slip off. If you're ring is that big either size it or get those plastic sizers that go on the back of the ring to temporarily hold it in place.
  • jnichel
    Options
    I wear my ring, always! It's not any more an option than my marriage. I wear gloves when I lift heavy. I may have to size my ring down eventually but I don't think it's going to slip off. If you're ring is that big either size it or get those plastic sizers that go on the back of the ring to temporarily hold it in place.

My wife and I have been married for over 20 years. We won't be any less married if we're not wearing a ring.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I never take it off.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options

My wife and I have been married for over 20 years. We won't be any less married if we're not wearing a ring.

Agreed! I'm only 11 years in but couldn't agree with you more. :flowerforyou:
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options

That's awesome. I don't hold any other couple to our standards. My husband is the same way. He wears his ring always :)