Boobies and Weight Loss

Options
My question is: when a woman loses weight, do her breasts lose that weight first? Or is this just a myth? I could google this, but I'm headed out to work right now. Plus, the responses here will probably be hilarious ;) So, proceed, MFPers...let's hear it.

On a personal note: I would like it if this were true. 1) Easier to find a bra. 2) Cuter bras. 3) Fewer back issues :/

Ok, now go.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• CountryStrongNicole
    Options
    HA... I have been wondering on this topic also... though I went from a 42C to a 36DD... so I would say it's a myth! LOL Love to hear more answers on this!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Seems like that's the only place I lose weight!! Lol I use to have very respectable sized c's back in the day which have since shrunk to small b's since losing weight and keeping it off *sigh*... I miss my boobies lol...
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately lost the girls first but now that I am losing weight and have a waist they seem to look bigger,
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Different people lose weight in different places....Ive never lost boobs.
  • the_seraphim
    Options
    Your mammary glands will not go away, so whatever breasts you were meant to have will remain.

the fat on top of those glands will however go away, thereby reducing your likely hood of future back strain, drooping breasts and stretch marks.

however as the person above me said, as your waist then also shrinks, what you have will look more attractive to the eye as there will be a definitive out, in, out effect.

At the end of the day, anything larger than a handful is a waste in a lot of men's opinion, and being able to play without getting out of breath and squeeze your size b's into something sleek and sexy will go a lot further than a couple of size H balloons on top of a flabby gut.

just my 2 cents
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    Yes, mine definitely get smaller, and are always the first to go. I don't mind it though - when I look at them at least I know if I'm truly losing weight!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I lose like half my boobs when I get to a certain lower weight. Before they go, the fat usually goes from my stomach first, which I'm not complaining about :bigsmile:

But I'm torn on whether to be relieved or sad about losing da ladiez :ohwell:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depends on the woman.

boobs are teh first place i lose weight which mean it will be the last. i'm an I cup now and i'd be grateful if by the time i reach my goal weight i'd be a DDD\

At the end of the day, anything larger than a handful is a waste in a lot of men's opinion,
    yeah, that's what they tell women they are with who are less than a handful and who are self conscious about their size :laugh:
  • the_seraphim
    Options
    yeah, that's what they tell women they are with who are less than a handful and who are self conscious about their size :laugh:

My wife has small breasts and it does not bother me in the slightest...

if she had larger boobs that would be ok too. same if she had smaller ones.

she has a great *kitten*... which more than makes up for it!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I got a smaller strap size and bigger cup size.

But my bras fit much better and I look MUCH better (with my bra on). I'm hoping the muscles catch up with the weight loss. Definitely a bit droopier than they were :(
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, anything larger than a handful is a waste in a lot of men's opinion,

F'real. Also it's so refreshing to have a male's perspective on the ideal size for a woman's assets to be...OH WAIT :grumble:
    All boobies are good boobies! :drinker:
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    My boobs got way smaller after breastfeeding for a year, not from losing weight, probably bc there was hardly nothing left to lose by that time.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

My wife has small breasts and it does not bother me in the slightest...

if she had larger boobs that would be ok too. same if she had smaller ones.

she has a great *kitten*... which more than makes up for it!

you're proving my poin.t guys will say whatever it takes to get in dat *kitten*.

seriously though if you're with a guy and then become topless while in the presence of that guy, offering naked boobies to that guy, no str8 guy will be like "NO. those things are too big/too small. check please"
  • jokhan
    Options
    total myth. i have lost 48lbs yet my bust remains at 36jj was hoping to lose a few cups sizes:laugh:
  • redheadc2
    redheadc2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love this question as I thought it too. But now that I'm down 30lbs I can say that they haven't really changed yet. my hips, waist, and thighs were the first to go...But before I gained the weight I was a cup size smaller and a 36. I am currently a nice 38 C so I hope to keep what I have got while I lose the other 30lbs :wink:
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    im losing in my thighs and tummy.. it hasnt taken my boobs..yet! hopefully it wont! cause if it does,kelsey wont be happy.
  • mcgui016
    Options
    When I started I was a "H" cup- but now I'm down to a DDD so I lost a good 3 cup sizes. I'm incredibly thankful for it though, buying bra's is much easier!!
  • TighteningStrings
    Options
    I've lost 8 kilos and gained 2 cup sized :huh: Now I'm an E cup.

It just doesn't make sense.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have lost the ladies.. But I will soon.. I saw a surgeon this week to set up a breast reduction.. :)
  • lemurkat
    Options
    I lose weight first around my face, breasts and belly. The place I seem to store it is my backside and thighs. A few years ago I lost a LOT of weight (around 30kg) and got down to borderline underweight. My butt was the last to go and my breasts almost vanished. Sitting in unpadded chairs and even sleeping (my hips dug into the mattress) was uncomfortable. I've since put back on around 20kg, and am trying to knock off 10 to reach the halfway point, which is more or less when I was looking at my best!