Boobies and Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Since I started losing weight it's gone mostly from the upper half of my body - I went from a 36DD to a 36C. That was the first clothes size that went down before the rest of my body decided to catch up.
    Don't get me wrong, weight loss is weight loss and I don't mind where it comes from but would rather it came off the lower half of my body...

It's different for everyone though - I'm guessing it came from my boobs because I'm a pear-shape...
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, anything larger than a handful is a waste in a lot of men's opinion.

I started out with about 2 handfuls per boob, I reckon I'd be lucky if I had a handful left of each at the moment, and I'm only Half way to my Goal......
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I went from a 34C to 32C but it's definitely a noticeable difference. I wouldn't call it a myth but it varies person to person.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I always lose inches from my already meagre boobies, but as with previous posters, I have a waist now so my totsy, reduced assets don't look that bad, I'm pleased to say they remain pretty pert :blushing:

Actually quite pleased that there is still enough to fill actual cups (B) I'm not back in a training bra yet!!!! :happy:
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    It varies...and depends on, if you are losing fat as opposed to fat and muscle.

I am glad I lost some of mine! Now I can do cross body blocks in Kuk Sool!:laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My bra size is the same after losing over 35 pounds. Actually my measurements have gone up from 36" to 36.5", which isn't much but we smaller ladies will take every half inch we can get! :laugh: I lost most of my weight off of my lower body, which is where I store the most fat.

I have heard plenty of people say they lost theirs, so it may just depend on the person.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Your mammary glands will not go away, so whatever breasts you were meant to have will remain.

the fat on top of those glands will however go away, thereby reducing your likely hood of future back strain, drooping breasts and stretch marks.

however as the person above me said, as your waist then also shrinks, what you have will look more attractive to the eye as there will be a definitive out, in, out effect.

At the end of the day, anything larger than a handful is a waste in a lot of men's opinion, and being able to play without getting out of breath and squeeze your size b's into something sleek and sexy will go a lot further than a couple of size H balloons on top of a flabby gut.

just my 2 cents

^^^this^^^

Yes that's where my inches went first (4 inches up to now) and also visually it was the first place I notice. But as above, I know that all I lost was the flabby fat that I had accumulated around that area and not my real boobs. I no longer have fat escaping out of my bra and its mighty easier when exercising. I like my new look.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

seriously though if you're with a guy and then become topless while in the presence of that guy, offering naked boobies to that guy, no str8 guy will be like "NO. those things are too big/too small. check please"

:laugh:

My boobs are the first place I gain, last place I lose. I've always been big on top, even at my absolute smallest at 115, I was still at D's. Genetics play a part, I think.
  • krisha36
    Options
    mine are going BYE BYE so sad
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I think it's different for everyone, but my tatas are the very first place I gain, and the first place I lost. When I started here, I was a generous C and now I'm a nice-fitting B :happy: I've lost just about 20lbs (don't mind my ticker, I've reset it with my new goals).
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    I've gone from a 38F to a 36D and the boobs went first, yeah.
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I went form a 38DD to a 34G so umm.. yeah.. sighs.. no such loss for me
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have always lost fat there first but I know other woman who never have I think it's genetics more then anything else. By the time I get to goal though I will be seriously contemplating a breast lift, I don't really care how big they are but I’d like them to stay on my chest not dangle around my knees :laugh: :laugh:
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I was a 40b (196lb) then got measured again a few years after that then was a 38b (177lb) then recently got measured again and am now a 36ee (161lb) My bras feel so good now. I seemed to have lost around my waist first and the rest has followed. Interesting topic.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Oh, this thread again.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Did the low-calorie, low-fat, high-carb thing for 6 months. Lost 10lbs - still not sure from where. I guess kind of all over - it was hard to tell. Still had my boobs (36B-C). Started Primal Blueprint in May 2011. Dropped loads of fat (and water) off of me immediately - from all over my body. (total of 12lbs! - this was 12lbs past my goal) Hips dropped by 3". Natural waistline dropped by 4". Below belly button dropped 3". And my boobs went to 34A. BUT - they were still in proportion with the rest of me. Muscle definition started showing up as I dropped fat from all over.
    My body is slowly leveling out to where IT wants to be, not where I want it to be. I've gotten a bit lazy - still move around and try to be active - but I don't rely on exercise to maintain my weight - in fact it goes up a bit in the colder months and I develop a thin layer of body fat all over - but my weight has barely changed. This will go away - on it's own - come Spring - 2 years in a row tells me there might be a seasonal pattern there. Body composition is 80% diet. The other 20% is a combination of genetics and exercise. My boobs have filled back in a bit. That 36B-C was mostly fat that I didn't need. I don't miss them. Neither does my man. And I still got my *kitten*!!
  • slendervee
    slendervee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost a cup size, but when i loose weight i always do. I manage to loose weight on all parts of my body including hands and feet.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    MYTH! it's different for everyone. My weight goes straight from my *kitten* first. Of course the one place where I really need it (flat butt white gurls holla!!!) and my big boobs pretty much just stay the same. I've heard it's really a matter of whether your breasts comprise more of fat tissue or breast tissue. My boobs have always been rather...uh...large so my weight fluctuations have little to do with my cup size.
  • raynavarro
    Options
    So how many people checked the OP's profile to see her boobs?
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Depends on the woman and what you do.

I lost about 35 lbs 4 yrs ago for my wedding and the only thing I did was watched my food intake and walked and didnt really lose anything from the boobie area.

BUT, THIS TIME, I am doing some strength training with my Turbo Jam workout and now my Turbo Fire and I have noticed they have gone from a "DD" down to almost a "C". Now, they were a D before my daughter and I was expecting them to go down to that but, I guess since I am weight trianing as well, they are going quicker. NOW, if only the extra around the tummy would go like that!! :-)