It 2010 Please Join me Part 2!...My lovely Group!

Options

Replies

• Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    EEK

I dont understand how some people struggle to eat enough.. I wish I had that problem.. I struggle to stay under my cals!! seems the more exercise i do the hungrier I get as well.

Waterslides sounds like fun!! is that the pools?? sorry I realise some of the lingo we use down under is a bit different. Wish I had time to go to theme parks well wish I just had time to do anything but work!!!!
  • Keltinator
    Keltinator Posts: 265
    Options
    Jaymie - yeah, it was kind of like a amusement park but water themed, it had pools and gigantic waterslides! So much fun. And a guy said I looked good in my swimsuit :) I was wearing board shorts (I'm not ready for full on bikini yet...), but still, a compliment's a compliment! yay :D

and today, a mcdonald's mcflurry thwarted my plans. drat! good thing i'm going biking later. phew.

:flowerforyou:
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Jaymie - yeah, it was kind of like a amusement park but water themed, it had pools and gigantic waterslides! So much fun. And a guy said I looked good in my swimsuit :) I was wearing board shorts (I'm not ready for full on bikini yet...), but still, a compliment's a compliment! yay :D

Thats a pretty KEWL compliment!!

Way to go girlfriend!!!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    hey guys! im on a road trip this week, so i dont think ill be posting much
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Have fun Eek!!!
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just a note to say I'm hanging in there. Changed my lunch habits (no more sandwiches) I buy frozen diners and microwave them for lunch. There are many choices that stay below calorie and carbs for a day (it beats 2 slices of bread + mayo). So far I have dropped another pound. Keeps my overall calories below goal because I'm not hungry for a snack at 4pm.

Still bicycling. Going about 10KM in 30 minutes 4 times a week.

Stay in touch

Chipgal
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Hi Chipgal!

Sounds really good!!! keep it up Gal!!

Jaymie
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yes Eek hve fun and chip keep up the good work.

Chip you have def helped me realize this is a little by little day by day thing. Honestly, not that the longer it takes us but it has taken me 8 months to lose this 12 pounds. I never dreamed I would be here well I dreamed it it but it was a dream you know. But seeing you guys say I lost a pound this week or hearing the storys of "OMG this week was infricking sane!" Makes me realize I am not alone and I AM NORMAL! lol One step at a time, one day at a time one crisis at a time ladys this is doable! The real way not 10 pounds in a week with two shakes a day and one real meal btu real life real issues and real people with real jobs and just flat out REAL! I love it!

Drink that water, exercise and eat mindfully!

xoxo

Thalia hope you are hangin in there hun!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Hey guys! I literally JUST got off the road. I couldn't wait to log in again... :)

I was in Alberta, watching my little brother play baseball. His team won the Nationals for his age group! Now he's in Michigan for the World Series, representing Canada. I'm slightly jealous, lol. But, so glad to be home. I'm not gonna try and sugarcoat it, I did not just fall off the wagon. I'm pretty sure I fell off the healthy lifestyle planet. The only thing I can say is I did not consume many drinks besides water... but that's not much... lol.

Anyways, I'm back and starting right now I'm back on track. Have a good weekend, ladies. And what's the challenge for next week?

p.s. Thalia, how are you doing? Hope you're doing okay!
  • Myth
    Options
    Eek, congrats to you and your BROTHER!That is awsome! Yes Get back on! lol ok we are off for a hike!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Hope your hike is good, Myth!

Yesterday was almost perfect. Until night came around... had chocolate... grr. So, that's my next project. Surprisingly, eating less carbs is becoming easier than I thought! A week of staying off of them, and I don't feel like I need to have them as much anymore... so, eating at night will be my focus this week. I've learned all the mental effort pays off.

Also, it's really hot here right now. Makes me want to eat ice cream and such, but I will refrain :)
  • Myth
    Options
    weigh in today! Excited I hope! lol HIke was ok got a little rained out! Kids start school in 7 days! Hubby might be getting new job! CHange is in the air and I love change!

Well guys how is every one doing???
  • Keltinator
    Options
    i'm in a rut... stupid night eating... although it's definitely gotten better, i want to eliminate it! so i'm still dealing with that. other wise, i'm doing ok :)

and wow, seven days until the start of school? your kids start early!
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Myth and Chip you ladies are right this is a slow steady change! Last year I lost alot of weight quickly! and it wasnt healthy I felt great for a while but it wasn't sustainable! When I fell off the bandwagon I gained it back plus more!!! Now im just determined to take it one day at a time and lose it slowly and healthily!! and fingers crossed this becomes a lifestyle change!

What have I done differently this week?? I havn't managed to stop eating desert all together! I think forbidding it completely only makes me want it more so in the evenings if I really want something sweet after dinner I have a cookie and thats enough!! believe it or not my daily calorie hasn't gone over the roof because of that and I dont feel deprived!

Eek - Welcome back!! Summer time is always a great time for ice cream! just remember moderation! and dont worry if you blew it while you were away get back into it straight away! This August and September is a terrible month for me.. lots of birthdays - So i really have to be careful with these up and coming dinner parties.. I need to plan ahead!!!!

Hope you guys are all doing well!! Keep up the good work and dont give up!!
  • Myth
    Options
    ok Ladies I lost 1.8 pounds... according to WW I am 130.0 even. My home scale said 128.8!!!! OMG! I have not seen that weight since over 10 years ago!!!! The most i got down to was 129 something for 1 day! The next day it went up,lol. But this time it is a true weight,lol. I am between 4 and 5 pounds from the original goal weight I set for myself 5 years ago. But being this close to it I think I can go further! What do you all think, would you go further? I wana go till my body stops! I just think there is plenty of forgive me for this phrase lol but plenty of fat left to go. LOL Would you try to kepp going?? COme on ladys help me out here...

Thalia, Im worried about you hun.. how are you> You have not been on in a while??
  • Keltinator
    Options
    CONGRATS MYTH!!!! Hmm, as for the when to stop thing, I think it's really tricky... for me, I don't want to be "skinny," just safely out of the overweight range. Which actually is only around two pounds or something from where I am now, but I want to get in the middle or on the lower side of things. Once that happens, I think I'm going to up my calories a little and focus on toning. But of course, I'm getting ahead of myself. For now I should just focus on getting there! haha.

But anyways, I would just go until I'm happy. So, if you feel like you want to go further after you reach your original goal, then go for it! Just don't take it TOO far to the point you're unhealthy.

Jaymie - you're right about the dessert thing. I think if you stop eating it all at once, then you'll crave it and risk a total binge! So I think you're doing it right, certainly a cookie here and there will not kill you! And birthday parties! They're so tricky! There's always chips and snacks and drinks... and then cake! Aaaah. I'm actually skipping one ina couple weeks because although I love the girl who's throwing it, I also know she is hardcore addicted to chocolate and there will be just too much there for me to resist... lol. Definitely plan ahead! Or have a healthy snack beforehand so you're not starving while you're there..

and I'm craving cheese. So I'm gonna have a slice (just one I promise) with lunch.... I'm looking forward to it already...
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    Hey can i join this group? :) just joined MFP a couple weeks ago
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Hey, xcbballuver! You're welcome to join! Usually we have a challenge for the week and such but since it's the summer people are away so it's hard to stay organized... anyways welcome! Looks like you're doing well to have lost 6 pounds already!

So, as the school year gets closer, I'm looking into gym memberships and such. I'm lucky because my school is part of a block in the city with a sports and leisure complex right across the street! I'm thinking, I could go before school in the morning... if it opens early enough. I mean, I want to get a good 30-45 mins of cardio in at least. I had a soccer practise last night, and the 3 laps we did in the beginning almost killed me... so, I'm super out of shape. Sigh.

How's everyone else doing? I'm still working on the nighttime eating thing... but it's gotten A LOT better!

And where are you, Thalia!?! How are you doing?
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Went on a weekend vacation to Dallas, TX lost a pound. No kitchen and few snacks.

Welcome xcbballuver. Just jump in and talk when ever you can. :bigsmile:

Chipgal
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Awesome, chipgal! :) Keep it up

Didn't eat anything last night :D So far, I've made three changes: exercise more in the week, cut back on carbs, and now, no more late-night snacking. I feel good :smile:

And, I've found a pair of jeans I want to fit back into. They're a size smaller than what I wear now. I can get myself into them, but they give a muffintop.... lol.