Why Don't Men Change their CLothes????

Options
TyFit08
TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
I know men aren't expected to be as neat as women. Obviously there are exceptions, but my husband OMG wears the same clothes over and over and over again. He doesn't even wait a week, he might wear the same outfit to work three times in a week. He works in a very visible profession. He has plenty of clothes but is too lazy to look in his closet to pick anything else out. It is so disgusting because he is repeating clothes before I have a chance to wash them. It is also a bad reflection on me. I mean as a wife, if your husband is walking around looking crazy then people will think you don't take care of him. He gets mad every time I bring it up. When we go on vacation I have to pack all his clothes by the outfit, because if I don't he will wear the same thing everyday of our trip. Help, what can I do to get him to break this disgusting habit.

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I dunno, most of the men I know change their clothes regularly. 100% of the guys I sleep with change their clothes at least daily.
  • springhope99
    Options
    I don't know about men, but I noticed my 13 y/o son getting into this habit, so I had him start hanging his freshly washed clothes on one side of the closet, and then when he chooses his outfit in the mornings, he pulls from the opposite side...kind of like "using the old first" ,,,, by doing this, if he has approx 13 outfits in his closet, then he'll pretty much go through those 13 outfits before starting over. You could try to get your husband to do something like that...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Your husband =/= all men.

All they guys I've dated have been very into cleanliness and making sure their appearance is spot on.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I dunno, most of the men I know change their clothes regularly. 100% of the guys I sleep with change their clothes at least daily.

I change my cloths daily... how YOU doin?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    This is definitely an isolated problem...and by isolated, I mean only occuring within your husband...
    :noway:
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Your husband is just a slob. I change my clothes every day...clean clothes.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    That is why no one wanted him......well except.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I change my cloths daily... how YOU doin?

Like your loin cloths? YOU ARE IN, SIR!
    48c043cdc38f8_38100b.jpg
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I change my clothes daily and I don't wear anything twice before it is washed. I try hard not to wear the same "outfit" to work within 7 days...not that anyone I work with would say, "didn't you wear that last week" but I try hard to NOT give them that opportunity.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

All they guys I've dated have been very into cleanliness and making sure their appearance is spot on.

I said in my post that men aren't expected to be neat and their are exceptions. Not saying every men takes it to the level of my husband, but being neat isn't an expectation of men and that is the problem. Teenage boys are usually pretty disgusting and some of them grow up to be disgusting men. Like my husband. He didn't really do this when we were dating, but now that we are married I guess he feels like he doesn't have to try. I think this even worse, because you are a reflection of your spouse and when your spouse is going to work with the same clothes on Friday that he had on Wednesday, it looks like his wife is on strike.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I think most do, mine does.

Why do you feel people will judge you...do you really think it's upto you to look after your husband? :ohwell:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're spending all his money and he can't afford enough new ones for a full work's week of variety?~
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

I said in my post that men aren't expected to be neat and their are exceptions. Not saying every men takes it to the level of my husband, but being neat isn't an expectation of men and that is the problem. Teenage boys are usually pretty disgusting and some of them grow up to be disgusting men. Like my husband. He didn't really do this when we were dating, but now that we are married I guess he feels like he doesn't have to try. I think this even worse, because you are a reflection of your spouse and when your spouse is going to work with the same clothes on Friday that he had on Wednesday, it looks like his wife is on strike.

Your generalizations are generally wrong.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You all wear a pair of jeans or slacks once before cleaning them?

I'm a slacker then.

Anything that needs dry cleaning gets more than one wear unless I spill something. I tell my kids to do the same thing. We have 7 people in this house. If everyone wore everything one time and threw it in the laundry it would be ridiculous.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Heres the thing about clothes. I like to always wear new clothes. The day I wash my clothes, they officially become old clothes. I have been wearing same new clothes for years now
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I know someone who wears his shirt inside out when one side gets dirty.... and that same person also comes home from the gym sweaty and changes into his home clothes, and then takes a shower and then jumps back into the previous home clothes he was wearing prior to the shower................................................ This person doesn't listen to me so I will have to tell his mom soon.
  • targetcc
    Options
    I have tons of buddies and I've never heard of this.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I am here to blow your mind.

I am a woman.

I wear the same pants all week. Yes. ALL WEEK. I wash em if they start stinking but generally they don't because I'm a pretty clean person (shower daily, don't sweat, all that good stuff).

Judge me if you want but it keeps my laundry bill down and I have a 'uniform' at work anyway so why bother changing?
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I think it's some kind of old-school BS to judge a man's wife by his appearance. Men are totally capable of dressing themselves and if people really think it's a woman's job to mollycoddle her husband, I don't respect their opinions anyway, so I don't care what they think.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I often wear the same pair of jeans all week - but I don't sweat in them or anything, and if I get something down them, they go in the wash. Fresh undies, socks and tee every day, though.