female body; let's take a reality check please

Options
hi all.

first I want to say that this is a topic of encouraging women to focus on what is the normal body shape.

this is normal:

threetankinichicks2.jpg

see the curves, shiney hair, nice skin, smiles?
HIPS and chests?
That's because they are women. Women normally have extra padding in two places, and great hormone health from a diet high in EFAs and complete proteins with colorful veggies will give you this look.

Women who are athletic may reshape their bodies like this:
The-perfect-body.jpg as exercise and diet does reshape your muscles to grow, shrink, shorten or lengthen.

Women. They look like women.

Now, keep that in mind. I want to encourage you to focus on becoming healthy. Not a twig. Not have the shape of an ape or a 9 year old girl. Or be so completely flat butted you are anorexic.

These are not normal body shapes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgIks4SwBE74d7OHkqeHzsjXa3jW-JvVvlJhdap0IzG70fHbKPMtepI2P3
your doctor will say so, your mother will say so. You were not born this way! You were never meant to be this way.

So stop trying to starve yourself for thin thighs, because you will lose your T and A before those go anyway
anorexia67aa.jpg
and yes, as a personal trainer, the only way to get a thigh gap is to become an anorexic, cardioholic, mess which will destroy you

anorexia4.jpg

and don't even get me started on how this pic below is no different (okay. the fake boobs make a small difference) compared to the pictures above of the models. Anorexia is anorexia.
angelike2.jpg
you can be a fit anorexic person too.

And anyway, look at this DIGITALLY ALTERED picture

mc2a.jpg
and know that even the size 12 model is not normal here with a leg length at 89% of her body. OOOPPs, Marie Claire forgot to mention that in their suvey.... http://mathspig.wordpress.com/tag/how-womens-magazines-distort-womens-bodies/

So stop comparing yourself to ALL magazine models too! Just be the most beautiful you !!!

happy training,

Coach Teresa

Replies

• Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Interesting
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have no tits.
    I guess I'm not normal lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Thank you for telling me I'm not a "normal" woman.

LBJnov12012.jpg
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Who on earth do you think you are to define what is 'normal' and what is not?
    Seriously.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I sort of applaud the effort. And realizing that we need to work with healthy standards of body image is something we should always be promoting. But outlaying reams of "normal pictures" on a site where people are in various states of health and bodies themselves might not yield such good results.

I would also say most of those women seem to be on the taller side, with breasts equal to their hip measurement: aka hourglass. That's not all women.
  • toomuchsleep
    Options
    either you get an A+ for trolling, or a swift kick in your body-shaming *kitten*.
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    I guess because of my eating disorder, I am not "normal".
    Thank you for calling me abnormal.
    Sorry, I didn't choose this.
    I didn't know you decided what was normal and what wasn't.
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You "encourage" women by telling them that if they don't have "T" or "A" they aren't "normal"?

Umm, no thanks. You can keep your encouragment & messed up definition of women (hint: I am more than my T&A).
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I sort of applaud the effort. And realizing that we need to work with healthy standards of body image is something we should always be promoting. But outlaying reams of "normal pictures" on a site where people are in various states of health and bodies themselves might not yield such good results.

I would also say most of those women seem to be on the taller side, with breasts equal to their hip measurement: aka hourglass. That's not all women.

I agree with this. I get where you were going with this OP, and I'm with you in that it gets really old to see these young women on here who are obsessed with getting a thigh gap or trying to look like the model you showed (which is sick, I hope nobody truly wants to look like that).

Maybe instead of the term "normal", you meant ideal or healthy? Just a thought. I don't think you posted this to be inflammatory or offend people, but maybe didn't use the right words?
  • sstephanrodriguez
    sstephanrodriguez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think the word "normal" was maybe used in place of something like healthy. It is healthy to have curves or to have a little meat on your bones. She was pointing out that being underweight, with your ribs showing, it not healthy. I agree.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    How'd you come to the conclusion that fit chick is anorexic?
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    skinnymusic you aren't normal if you have an eating disorder.
    You may be acting irrationally for a rational reason but it is not normal to starve/binge/purge - which is why it is disordered and why people need treatment so that they can learn how to have a "normal" relationship with food.
    (From a girl that has had an eating disorder)

But to the OP - I see you trollin'
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    and yes, as a personal trainer, the only way to get a thigh gap is to become an anorexic, cardioholic, mess which will destroy you

I'm 5'9", 20% body fat, 135 pounds and 40 years old. I hike, I bike, I run, I lift weights. I feel good and I think I look good. I eat 2200-2400 calories a day. AND... I have a thigh gap. And it's not because I'm an anorexic, cardioholic mess. My body is just made that way. I was genetically given a broad pelvis and thin thighs.

Sorry if you think it makes me a mess. :grumble:

I get where you were going with this post. Most of it is positive and wonderful. I just wanted to pass along my one correction.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the pics of hot girls!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, the pictures of those models are unreal. I'm not really sure how those chicks are still standing and walking around. Skeletor in a dress.
  • perfecting_emptiness
    Options
    Nice thought but how about not putting people down? You can absolutely have a thigh gap and not be anorexic. As a personal trainer you should know that it's all about how wide your hips are. And 'normal' and 'beautiful' are all your opinio
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    OP, I see where you're going with this and I agree. The subject of weight and curves always gets touchy here. The people at either extreme -- very overweight or relatively underweight -- feel they're being targeted as not being "normal" when that's not even the point of the discussion. And to the overweight people getting defensive, if you were happy with your body shape, you wouldn't be here, right? Don't make everything into a personal attack. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    pffft......silly. I'm the small size in the last pic but bigger in the chest...breasts. It doesn't make me any different than the others. Female bodies are beautiful, can't we leave it at that?

I guess whatever poll you are referring to puts me in the 2%. I'm much more than the shape of my body.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    So not cool to judge people without knowing their story.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've never had T or A, even at 338 pounds. I'm not built that way. Normal for me is not hips and boobs. Normal for me is pretty flat and curveless. I can feed it right, exercise it, but it will never be your version of normal.
This discussion has been closed.