female body; let's take a reality check please

Options

Replies

• HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options

So stop trying to starve yourself for thin thighs, because you will lose your T and A before those go anyway
    anorexia67aa.jpg
    and yes, as a personal trainer, the only way to get a thigh gap is to become an anorexic, cardioholic, mess which will destroy you

Coach Teresa
    "I practice what I teach, and am at 15% overall body fat. As of Sept. 22, 2012, in fat burning mode to cut more fat off of my thighs"

Oh, really. But Teresa, the only way to get thin thighs or a thigh gap is to become an anorexic mess. I heard it from a "coach" online.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    some women naturally have shorter waists which means they have long legs usually. for instance i'm 65" total and 40" of that is from the top of my hip to the bottom of my feet. my legs are longer even than some women who are 4" taller than me.
    can i borrow some of your legs? i'm 64" and my legs are only 28"!
    well, my inseam in 28". but still! when i sit down next to my boyfriend who's 7 inches taller than me, i'm only an inch or two shorter. it's kinda ridiculous.
    Lol I really don't think anyone notices those things unless they are really extreme. I'm only 5'4" and my legs are 39" long so about 60% of my body too. I really don't think my legs look all that proportionally long though. And to tell you the truth I don't know if that actually is considered long. I'm thinking that might be fairly average.

Regarding the thread, according to the OP I'm also not "normal" ah well I already knew that :)
    lol well, people notice when i'm sitting down next to my nearly 6' tall boyfriend and then i stand up and only come to his chest!
    i don't desire to be particularly leggy (although i wouldn't complain- it would probably make me a more graceful dancer and a faster runner), but it would be nice to be able to wear jeans that don't get destroyed from dragging on the ground, even when they're short and to not have to run to keep up with boyfriend!
    but at least i'm normal by op's standards, with my legs coming in at about 45% of my body. :|
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    being a CPT myself i am ashamed to be associated with you. Stop giving us a bad name.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    some women naturally have shorter waists which means they have long legs usually. for instance i'm 65" total and 40" of that is from the top of my hip to the bottom of my feet. my legs are longer even than some women who are 4" taller than me.
    well, my inseam in 28". but still! when i sit down next to my boyfriend who's 7 inches taller than me, i'm only an inch or two shorter. it's kinda ridiculous.
    Lol I really don't think anyone notices those things unless they are really extreme. I'm only 5'4" and my legs are 39" long so about 60% of my body too. I really don't think my legs look all that proportionally long though. And to tell you the truth I don't know if that actually is considered long. I'm thinking that might be fairly average.

Regarding the thread, according to the OP I'm also not "normal" ah well I already knew that :)
    lol well, people notice when i'm sitting down next to my nearly 6' tall boyfriend and then i stand up and only come to his chest!
    i don't desire to be particularly leggy (although i wouldn't complain- it would probably make me a more graceful dancer and a faster runner), but it would be nice to be able to wear jeans that don't get destroyed from dragging on the ground, even when they're short and to not have to run to keep up with boyfriend!
    but at least i'm normal by op's standards, with my legs coming in at about 45% of my body. :|
    You are adorable darling. I'm also in the "short club" so I understand what that's like :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You are adorable darling. I'm also in the "short club" so I understand what that's like :)

I'm 5'1 and I rather like being short. Yay for the short peeps :D
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    skinnymusic you aren't normal if you have an eating disorder.
    You may be acting irrationally for a rational reason but it is not normal to starve/binge/purge - which is why it is disordered and why people need treatment so that they can learn how to have a "normal" relationship with food.
    (From a girl that has had an eating disorder)

But to the OP - I see you trollin'

THIS. SO MUCH THIS. (Also from a girl who is in active recovery from an eating disorder).
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Hmm well I have boobs and a butt but I do have very long legs so I guess that puts me at abnormal. Thanks OP for helping define myself. Or just no.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Now that looks more like me!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Posted by: busywaterbending
    ... and know that even the size 12 model is not normal here with a leg length at 89% of her body. OOOPPs, Marie Claire forgot to mention that in their suvey.... http://mathspig.wordpress.com/tag/how-womens-magazines-distort-womens-bodies/
    Posted by: meshashesha2012
    Posted by: Jaymek92

All I can say is that this statement makes a mockery of women who naturally have longer legs to upper body. I am 72" tall where 62% of my total are legs. My older sister is 70" tall where her legs are 64.1% of her body. 11% as stated by the OP for the upper torso is ridiculous.

Edit: I agree with the 2 posters who'd replied to the OP, as quoted.

Oops my legs are actually 65.3% of my body. Abnormal - Yes and No! Being taller with more leg presents its own challenges, where your judgement@OP, failed to consider genetics. Senseless and Insensitive. I am always cautious with shorter women. My mum is a petite 5ft 3 with with the so called ideal breast to waist to hip ratio. 36-24-36 and is 64 years old. I know she always wanted my legs and my shape, just as I'd favoured my sister's body type - My mum's body with longer legs. Granted, I'm longer than her, it's just too drastic when I'm NOT endowed and am too compact(breast/buttocks)@Full B cup with a womanly flair to my hips and not a straight toothpick as you've chosen to describe women who fall under my natural body type or that we may be suffering from an allusion presented by you to BDD or Anorexia. MOST UNFAIR. I could critique your body severely - but I would never stoop that low, understanding the limitations of YOUR GENETICS. You cannot change YOU, just as YOU CANNOT dictate someone else's potential body type/ideal.

Edit: **sp critique
  • WrenStory
    Options
    Yeah, logic fail and trolling. And pretty much a whole bunch of nothing.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of being told that I'm missing out on an essential part of womanhood because I don't have boobs, hips, or a butt.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I bet you made more enemies than friends with this rubbish. Btw, I have a thigh gap. I weigh 146 and eat 2700 calories most days. You can check out my diary. WTF.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    .....:noway:
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Okay idk what's going on here but I come complete with:

34 A boobs (thanks to breast feeding two babies)
    Stretch marks (again, babies)
    Gap in thighs
    Flat butt (runs in the family, but did start to shape as I worked out)
    Rolls when I sit down and don't have good posture
    Some arm jiggle
    Soft inner thighs
    Cellulite

I love me and if I'm not the perfect specimen, than the world can kiss my flat @ss :laugh: :drinker: :tongue:
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    how about you just shut the fudge up, yes?
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    StarTrekFacePalm.gif

im crying :laugh:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Please can everyone take away from this, the necessity to check the qualifications of your personal trainer before taking part in any services or parting with any money.
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    Please can everyone take away from this, the necessity to check the qualifications of your personal trainer before taking part in any services or parting with any money.

AMEN :laugh:
  • 2TonTussie
    2TonTussie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    StarTrekFacePalm.gif

DiTTo :huh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Yes, that is what I have gotten from this. The OP has issues.
This discussion has been closed.