Replies

• TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This wasn't a reality check...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    and yes, as a personal trainer, the only way to get a thigh gap is to become an anorexic, cardioholic, mess which will destroy you

the only way?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i thought this was stupid example
    Who is this model? Alice in Wonderland? Her legs are 89% longer than a girl with the same waist to hip length or have her legs been digitally stretched by 89%?

some women naturally have shorter waists which means they have long legs usually. for instance i'm 65" total and 40" of that is from the top of my hip to the bottom of my feet. my legs are longer even than some women who are 4" taller than me.

i get where the OP was coming from, but i dont get why you can on one hand say it's not normal to be fat but then on the other hand have a picture of a fat weight lifter and say that;s normal. would that athlete be thrown in your not normal pile if she wasnt identified in that photo as an athlete?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

and don't even get me started on how this pic below is no different (okay. the fake boobs make a small difference) compared to the pictures above of the models. Anorexia is anorexia.
    angelike2.jpg
    you can be a fit anorexic person too.

what the hell is wrong with THAT?

she's not even close to "anorexic" looking.
    You need to get your head out of your *kitten* and get over yourself....
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    it i had my way all women would be shaped like the girl on the right in the first pic... let me wipe the drool off my desk
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

exactly..for the most part, it's just a logic fail
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Sure it was. Women will never stop this BS judging of each other. Check.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, the pictures of those models are unreal. I'm not really sure how those chicks are still standing and walking around. Skeletor in a dress.

BAHAHAHA......lol that made me laugh, Skeletor...
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    Who on earth do you think you are to define what is 'normal' and what is not?
    Seriously.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    You get an A for effort... But I'll have whatever body I want to or whatever body my body wants to be, which is more likely. I'll continue to work out, eat somewhat healthy, and hope for the best. Whatever happens, happens.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    hi all.

first I want to say that this is a topic of encouraging women to focus on what is the normal body shape.

this is normal:

threetankinichicks2.jpg

see the curves, shiney hair, nice skin, smiles?
    HIPS and chests?
    That's because they are women. Women normally have extra padding in two places, and great hormone health from a diet high in EFAs and complete proteins with colorful veggies will give you this look.

Women who are athletic may reshape their bodies like this:
    as exercise and diet does reshape your muscles to grow, shrink, shorten or lengthen.

Women. They look like women.

Now, keep that in mind. I want to encourage you to focus on becoming healthy. Not a twig. Not have the shape of an ape or a 9 year old girl. Or be so completely flat butted you are anorexic.

These are not normal body shapes:

your doctor will say so, your mother will say so. You were not born this way! You were never meant to be this way.

So stop trying to starve yourself for thin thighs, because you will lose your T and A before those go anyway

and yes, as a personal trainer, the only way to get a thigh gap is to become an anorexic, cardioholic, mess which will destroy you

and don't even get me started on how this pic below is no different (okay. the fake boobs make a small difference) compared to the pictures above of the models. Anorexia is anorexia.

And anyway, look at this DIGITALLY ALTERED picture

and know that even the size 12 model is not normal here with a leg length at 89% of her body. OOOPPs, Marie Claire forgot to mention that in their suvey.... http://mathspig.wordpress.com/tag/how-womens-magazines-distort-womens-bodies/

So stop comparing yourself to ALL magazine models too! Just be the most beautiful you !!!

happy training,

Coach Teresa

I'd personally like to look like the 2nd picture in your first picture you posted.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options

the only way?

oh yes, it has NOTHING to do with genetics.
    PS a Personal Trainer that does low carb?? :noway:
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options

angelike2.jpg

what the hell is wrong with THAT?

she's not even close to "anorexic" looking.
    You need to get your head out of your *kitten* and get over yourself....
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    For the love of g**....

Anorexia is not just an appearance, it is a medical symptom (no appetite). Anorexia NERVOSA is an illness. Labeling a thin person (or a fit person with low BF) as 'anorexic' demonstrates your fundamental misunderstanding of the term.

Every one of those pictures is photoshopped, including the two of the models - look at the distortion around the arms of the runway model. Ridiculous.

Can we please stop trying to define only a subset of women as 'normal' or 'real' or whatever other exclusionary b******t term you can think of to make your own personal preferences somehow more legitimate?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP get over your damn self.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    This is a losing fight especially with women. as evidenced by so many people offended.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    For the love of g**....

Anorexia is not just an appearance, it is a medical symptom (no appetite). Anorexia NERVOSA is an illness. Labeling a thin person (or a fit person with low BF) as 'anorexic' demonstrates your fundamental misunderstanding of the term.

Every one of those pictures is photoshopped, including the two of the models - look at the distortion around the arms of the runway model. Ridiculous.

Can we please stop trying to define only a subset of women as 'normal' or 'real' or whatever other exclusionary b******t term you can think of to make your own personal preferences somehow more legitimate?

/end thread
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    angelike2.jpg

LOL @ low body fat = anorexia? Look at those lower abdomen veins. Its clear this woman lifts weights and has higher than average muscle mass. She just doesn't have the covering fat.

Seriously @busywaterbend, you have NO idea what you are talking about.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    What a strange post.

i feel a little like Alice...
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options

threetankinichicks2.jpg

I'll take #2, That is so HOT !
This discussion has been closed.