female body; let's take a reality check please

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Wow just wow.

I have four daughters - my two youngest are still kids but my two oldest are beautiful young women that, while being at very different end of the BMI, would feel shamed by the hurtful words of such a trainer. They each have their own concerns about their bodies and yet they are normal and beautiful, just very different but being told they are not normal would result, like much of the posts here, in a negative response.
    I understand what you are trying to do but your words and method frankly suck; I'd suggest a communications class.

I'm currently shopping for three PTs (we live in different cities) you wouldn't even come close to making the cut with language like this.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    being a CPT myself i am ashamed to be associated with you. Stop giving us a bad name.

I hate to think of a PT looking at women and judging them this way. Ignorance annoys me, but this type of judgmental thinking about fellow human beings really upsets me.

I understand that the OP was trying to be generous in allowing a wide range of body types into 'normal', but why label people that way at all.

I almost hope the OP is a troll...
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    OP get over your damn self.

THIS ^^^
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    being a CPT myself i am ashamed to be associated with you. Stop giving us a bad name.

I hate to think of a PT looking at women and judging them this way. Ignorance annoys me, but this type of judgmental thinking about fellow human beings really upsets me.

I understand that the OP was trying to be generous in allowing a wide range of body types into 'normal', but why label people that way at all.

I almost hope the OP is a troll...

It's the same as when in my class a couple of the young teenage guys were paying out larger people. I'm just like uhh.. you know who 90% of the market is out there guys?! People looking to lose weight? *Facepalm*
  • DoriGaga
    Options
    Please can everyone take away from this, the necessity to check the qualifications of your personal trainer before taking part in any services or parting with any money.

Yes, that is what I have gotten from this. The OP has issues.

I read some of her other recent posts. Apparently she thinks Vegans are aliens and that she can't squat at the gym because hoards of horny men line up to watch her.

What I take from this is that she is not only uninformed, ignorant and rude, she's also very insecure, because the only reason someone would have to makes claims ONLINE about how hot they are and how much everyone wants them, is if they don't feel that way in real life.... either that, or she really does think the sun shines out her a**, and either way, I feel sorry for her because you can't really be that happy living either of those ways. IMO
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty lousy reality check.
    For many reasons.

The idea that any woman with a thigh gap is anorexic is plain stupid. Just as stupid as the thought a diet and exercise plan isn't a success without a thigh gap.

I'd love a personal trainer. But I'd not pay you a penny.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I read some of her other recent posts. Apparently she thinks Vegans are aliens and that she can't squat at the gym because hoards of horny men line up to watch her.

What I take from this is that she is not only uninformed, ignorant and rude, she's also very insecure, because the only reason someone would have to makes claims ONLINE about how hot they are and how much everyone wants them, is if they don't feel that way in real life.... either that, or she really does think the sun shines out her a**, and either way, I feel sorry for her because you can't really be that happy living either of those ways. IMO

She also said she's "so over" "sexual freedom" and erotica. OP, you are filled with an unappetizing amount of ignorance and same-sex-rage.
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    Very interesting... thanks for posting!!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I find some of these reactions funny. If you are coming on here to defend not having boobs- or being over weight- Im going on the theory you are defending it because its what you are and you are proud of it? But lets be real- being flat chested has bothered you some time(s) in your life. Being over weight isnt fun either. You're bashing op for pointing out your flaws. She called no one by name but in 2 pages 10 ppl are saying "thanks for saying Im not normal".. wa wa wa... Um- she didnt call YOU out- YOU did.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    This thread is still going? I thought for sure it would've been locked and/or deleted hours ago.
  • Infauna
    Options
    StarTrekFacePalm.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I find some of these reactions funny. If you are coming on here to defend not having boobs- or being over weight- Im going on the theory you are defending it because its what you are and you are proud of it? But lets be real- being flat chested has bothered you some time(s) in your life. Being over weight isnt fun either. You're bashing op for pointing out your flaws. She called no one by name but in 2 pages 10 ppl are saying "thanks for saying Im not normal".. wa wa wa... Um- she didnt call YOU out- YOU did.

Did you actually read the drivel in her post?

I am completely 'normal' according to the OP. I am not super lean, I have an *kitten*, I have boobs. So it has absolutely nothing to do with what you are accusing people of who are offended and everything to do with body shaming. Your psychoanalysis = fail. And how the eff is being flat chested a flaw - now you are body shaming which is rude and ignorant.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    When I was 200lbs, I still had no boobs. I'm tired of apologizing for not being "curvy". I wasn't "curvy" at 200 lbs, I was just obese! And I had a girl on my FB who had the audacity to say "you looked a little too thin last year when I saw you at Wawa. I hope you're not still losing weight" Honey, I stopped losing weight years ago. I eat 2200 cals per day. I'm 5'7" and 135. My BMI is 19, which is right in the middle of "normal". Sorry that since I don't have implants and I'm not "curvy" people automatically label me as anorexic. I eat more than any other female I've ever seen and no I don't purge! I eat the RIGHT foods and work out!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    angelike2.jpg

^ you call this anorexic? I bet she eats more than you to sustain her muscle mass...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

h81nY.gif
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

of course it bothers me to be flat chested. i'd rather have boobs. that doesn't make it abnormal though and give the o.p. any reason to point it out. being flat chested is a complete function of genetics, nothing else. there is nothing i can do about it. so why label it as "abnormal". maybe it's not ideally what i'd want if i got to choose my own body, but it's not abnormal. she said that women without boobs are abnormal. that is calling me out. what the hell is your point?

the most offensive part of the o.p.'s post is that she thinks that she's being inspirational when in reality she's being the complete opposite. as a "coach" it makes her sound incredibly ignorant. it reminds me of a lot of those facebook chain messages that people post as inspiring, but are really offensive. if you're going to purposely be a troll and make offensive comments, then that's one thing. she's posting under the guise of inspiring which she's not.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I was pointing out her ignorance. A lot of the things she says are plain wackadoo.
  • All women are women. No matter if they are super thin or overweight.
    If they like themseleves. Leave them alone.
    Skinny women are still women.
    Overweight women are still women.
    " whatever the hell normal women are " are still women.

Also, Anorexia, or being anorexic doesn't have a " look "
    So yes anyone could have an eating disorder and or anorexia and you wouldn't know because it comes in all shapes and sizes.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have big but and boobs....so that makes me a real woman? OK who ready to go purse shopping!
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I would question your personal trainer experience...

Sure, it might not look good at being anorexic, but that isn't what the person sees... It is a mental disorder, no one NO ONE sets out to become anorexic... It just happens sometimes and then your in a trouble and it isn't something that can be just "fixed" it is usually something you carry with you your whole life, even if you "recover" you still have those thoughts, those feelings...

So no sorry, your plain wrong... Besides, I like legs with a thigh gap... :/ does that make me bad? I think it looks nice and cute...
This discussion has been closed.