Why Does Everyone Hate on Jennifer Hudson?

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    She was on idol years ago.

She is the face of WW...

Honestly, she is talented, and she has lost weight and she looks great. She looks healthy.

Someone will always have something to say about a celebrity, in positive or negative light.

No I was being serious. Some of us really have better things to worry about. You know, like a huge gang fight going on around my city and hearing gun shots all around like this is downtown Beirut back in the days. Probably gonna hear about a bomb blast or 2 in news tomorrow

Some of us REALLY don't care.

Good for her for losing the weight though. Hopefully she inspires some fans of her
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    Not being snarky, but is that a serious or sarcastic question?

She was a contestant on American Idol, recognized for her one of a kind diva voice, was the star on dream girls the movie.

And it the spokesperson celebrity for weight watchers.

she was also one of the stars on the movie sparkle with whitney houston. and she was also a spokesperson for jenny craig or one of those diet programs
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

She is the face of WW...

Honestly, she is talented, and she has lost weight and she looks great. She looks healthy.

Someone will always have something to say about a celebrity, in positive or negative light.

No I was being serious. Some of us really have better things to worry about. You know, like a huge gang fight going on around my city and hearing gun shots all around like this is downtown Beirut back in the days. Probably gonna hear about a bomb blast or 2 in news tomorrow

Good for her for losing the weight though. Hopefully she inspires some fans of her

^ What Taunto said.
  • misskellylynne
    Options

She is the face of WW...

Didn't say that you had to care, and didn't say that I did. I just happen to know her story, and her face is everywhere, I was just surprised that many wasn't aware of who she was.
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ok, if you don't know who J. Hud is, I understand. She didn't really "fall off the radar" or anything; it's just one of those things that you may have seen her or may not have. If you don't watch TV, cool; I don't watch TV either, or at least nothing I wanna watch. I'm just a fan of R&B and I remember when she lost the weight and people (or at least people I know, and I've seen it on TV too) were talking down on her. It was just a post; not meant for anyone to be "mad" because I watch TV and listen to music.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It was just a post; not meant for anyone to be "mad" because I watch TV and listen to music.

I don't think anyone is mad about you watching tv or listening to music. lol. And I don't think anyone was mad about anything else on the post either :)
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Honestly, I haven't heard of anyone "hating" on her before.

Same here! After hearing she lost all that weight and got paid by Weight Watchers I was one of the many people cheering her on. She's actually one of my inspirations for getting healthy.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I feel like people should just represent Health....forget representing...big, small, curved, etc..... Support anyone that want's a healthier and better self....

I love what you wrote.
  • shaybuggie
    Options

She is the face of WW...

The "Some of us REALLY don't care" made me think someone was, not mad, but had bad thoughts about me wondering about J. Hud. Lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the people who ate on her i've found tend to be overweight women who want to use the fact that they have big bones or any other similar excuse to not lose weight. at one point i think jhud said the same thing. in any case her weight loss (and she looks fabulous) sort of leaves those people without an excuse so thhen they compensate by hating on her.
  • misskellylynne
    Options

She is the face of WW...

The "Some of us REALLY don't care" made me think someone was, not mad, but had bad thoughts about me wondering about J. Hud. Lol

Shay I think that quote was more directed towards me on asking if it was a serious question that they didn't know who they were.

I don't think there is anything wrong with others not knowing who she is, I was just surprised that people didn't since her face is everywhere. I also didn't mean to sound offensive with my question.

I personally enjoy Jhud, and actually her story.

ANNDDD to the comment of your own cities violence.

JHud has also experienced this, in 2008 her mother, brother, and nephew were all murdered in an act of violence in 2008.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    As a general rule. people hating on other people comes from their own insecurities. Applies to Jennifer hudson hating as well.
  • shaybuggie
    Options

She is the face of WW...

Shay I think that quote was more directed towards me on asking if it was a serious question that they didn't know who they were.

I don't think there is anything wrong with others not knowing who she is, I was just surprised that people didn't since her face is everywhere. I also didn't mean to sound offensive with my question.

I personally enjoy Jhud, and actually her story.

ANNDDD to the comment of your own cities violence.

JHud has also experienced this, in 2008 her mother, brother, and nephew were all murdered in an act of violence in 2008.

Ohhhh ok. Lol now I'm back on track. And yes, she did have a lot of violence in her family. Tragic.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    Who in the heck is Jennifer Hudson?

ditto! LOL

Google is your friend, or did you guys just post because don't know anything about this thread but wanted to get in on it anyway?
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Who in the heck is Jennifer Hudson?

I was wondering this exact same thing! So obviously I'm not "hating on" her.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    www.google.com ... check
    Jennifer Hudson .... click Search.... check
    click images... check...
    jenniferhudson300.jpg
    OH, her... Yea, don't care... check.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

She is the face of WW...

Didn't say that you had to care, and didn't say that I did. I just happen to know her story, and her face is everywhere, I was just surprised that many wasn't aware of who she was.
    I am actually surprised too. Her face is indeed everywhere. These people MUST be blind.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

I am actually surprised too. Her face is indeed everywhere. These people MUST be blind.

Everywhere?

Really?

I live in the UK and I do not watch a lot of mainstream media, sorry, but I am no blind person, just have other interests I guess...I have no idea who she is even after looking at the pic someone posted...I bet I must be a dumbass now for not knowing, eh?!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Everywhere?

Really?

I live in the UK and I do not watch a lot of mainstream media, sorry, but I am no blind person, just have other interests I guess...I have no idea who she is even after looking at the pic someone posted...I bet I must be a dumbass now for not knowing, eh?!
    Not a dumb *kitten* but you sure are catching feelings over a trivial matter. Next time when making blanket statements, I will be sure to specify the region I am talking about.

Happy now?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I remember her from American Idol. I never watched Dream Girls, but I was surprised at her meager role in the Three Stooges movies.

Other than that.... *shrug*