Why Does Everyone Hate on Jennifer Hudson?

Options

Replies

• shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well, if the Enquirer is to be believed, this might have something to do with it -

"The first thing Jennifer Hudson did when she ran into Adele backstage at the Grammys was congratulate her on her impressive haul. The second thing she did was offer weight-loss tips, which annoyed Adele. Hudson, a Weight Watchers spokesperson, pulled Adele aside at the Grammys and offered to be her fat-fighting mentor!

A source told the Enquirer, “Jennifer congratulated Adele on her six trophies but then added, ‘I used to be heavy just like you and gosh, Weight Watchers saved my life! I can hook you up.’”

Although Adele was outwardly gracious, friends say she was seething on the inside. She huffed about Jennifer, “The nerve of that woman!” Adele has made it known she’s happy just the way she is – at 165 pounds – and doesn’t intend to diet."

1) What Neanderthal would believe anything the National Enquirer has to say?
    2) Adele is no where near 165 lbs

I've always been told to not believe the Enquirer; also, I don't know how much she weighs. Maybe she is and just "carries it differently" as they say.
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well, if the Enquirer is to be believed, this might have something to do with it -

"The first thing Jennifer Hudson did when she ran into Adele backstage at the Grammys was congratulate her on her impressive haul. The second thing she did was offer weight-loss tips, which annoyed Adele. Hudson, a Weight Watchers spokesperson, pulled Adele aside at the Grammys and offered to be her fat-fighting mentor!

A source told the Enquirer, “Jennifer congratulated Adele on her six trophies but then added, ‘I used to be heavy just like you and gosh, Weight Watchers saved my life! I can hook you up.’”

Although Adele was outwardly gracious, friends say she was seething on the inside. She huffed about Jennifer, “The nerve of that woman!” Adele has made it known she’s happy just the way she is – at 165 pounds – and doesn’t intend to diet."

1) What Neanderthal would believe anything the National Enquirer has to say?
    2) Adele is no where near 165 lbs

Based on the topic of this post, it seems like the Enquirer would fit right in.

And how is that? :huh:
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    National Enquirer has zero truth behind any of their stories.

Now gossip magazines, such as US weekly, Star, etc.

Sometimes the mark is right on, other times it is a total rumor.
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    and adele is not 165lbs. She also discussed this in a magazine interview.
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    not that it matters what she or anyone else weighs.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I find this post somewhat refreshing, and somewhat confusing

Refreshing because, I like that many people are ignoring mainstream media. I think that's super cool and a good sign that people are healing.

Confusing because, even though I said what I said above, she did win a Grammy and an Oscar award. So, that puts her up there. There are actors that work their whole lives and never get an Oscar. Same goes for musicians and Grammies. So, it is a little weird that so many people don't know who she is. But, that isn't a dig on anyone. Just surprising to me. I feel like if I said her name in a crowded room, everyone would know who she was. I see that I am wrong.

It is simply interesting. That's all.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I honestly never truly cared for her anyway. but kudos to her weight loss
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    I find this post somewhat refreshing, and somewhat confusing

Refreshing because, I like that many people are ignoring mainstream media. I think that's super cool and a good sign that people are healing.

Confusing because, even though I said what I said above, she did win a Grammy and an Oscar award. So, that puts her up there. There are actors that work their whole lives and never get an Oscar. Same goes for musicians and Grammies. So, it is a little weird that so many people don't know who she is. But, that isn't a dig on anyone. Just surprising to me. I feel like if I said her name in a crowded room, everyone would know who she was. I see that I am wrong.

It is simply interesting. That's all.

Thank you! Well explained, that is all I ever tried to say :)
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've always liked Jennifer Hudson and even rooted for her to win her Season on American idol instead of Fantasia. When Jennifer got the role in Dream Girls I went to the movie to support her as I was happy to see her move on and do great things in her career. I was also happy to see her win that Oscar.

That all being sad, I got really tired of seeing her as the Face of Weight Watchers and felt that she was becoming overexposed for a while and needed to take a seat down. I'm all for getting down to a healthy weight but there was a time in there when her weight loss was constantly being shoved down my face (probably due to weight watchers overplaying her commercials) and I was tired of it.

Now that I don't see so much of her on the Weight Watcher commercials I'm actually okay with her again.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Who in the heck is Jennifer Hudson?

This
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    Yes yes, she lost all that weight through a program that tells you there are 0 calorie foods out there & you can eat as much of them as you want...... all while keeping her boobs the same size as they were when she was fat.

Don't hate on her at all, I don't know her nor want to..... but I call bull**** when I see it.

OH & BTW..... Jennifer does not look all that stunning. Photoshop does wonders. She looks old, and more skinny fat than anything.

What in the world is skinny fat?

I like Jennifer. What I hate are those Weight Watchers commercials that come on every 10 minutes. I suspect they will be flooding the airwaves soon, if they aren't already, to attract those making weight loss resolutions for the new year.
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    Yes yes, she lost all that weight through a program that tells you there are 0 calorie foods out there & you can eat as much of them as you want...... all while keeping her boobs the same size as they were when she was fat.

Don't hate on her at all, I don't know her nor want to..... but I call bull**** when I see it.

OH & BTW..... Jennifer does not look all that stunning. Photoshop does wonders. She looks old, and more skinny fat than anything.

Skinny fat is used as a reference to describe a thin individual that isn't toned, and usually wear their jeans a size to tight. If that makes any sense. It is kind of a ridiculous phrase.

And I agree with the commercials, they are over the top.

I like Jennifer. What I hate are those Weight Watchers commercials that come on every 10 minutes. I suspect they will be flooding the airwaves soon, if they aren't already, to attract those making weight loss resolutions for the new year.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options

Skinny fat is used as a reference to describe a thin individual that isn't toned, and usually wear their jeans a size to tight. If that makes any sense. It is kind of a ridiculous phrase.

Wow! A walking oxymoron! I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if I can spot one of these creatures! LOL!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    skinny fat isn't about wearing clothing that is too small. skinny fat is being at a low weight with a high body fat %

imagine losing weight and getting to your ultimate goal weight and still hating how you look, that is usually the case when you lose weight but don't concentrate on losing fat. body fat is the biggest reason we look... fat. with less of it, bodies look 'toned' and lean.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    :huh: I wasn't aware she was "hated." I AM tired of seeing the same ads and hope for other successful stories. That's not her fault, though.
  • AMBERMILLAGE
    Options
    AND THERE IS NO NEED TO HATE ON HERE SHE LOOKS GREAT.. AND SHE HAD TO WORK HARD TO DO IT
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible for her for her personal tragedies. admire the hard work that went into her weight loss and think she looks great, and couldn't stand her way on idol because I thought she was really arrogant.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Is this one of the haters you were talking about,OP?

@youngdoc LOL Amen! :)

Hater? Ha. Sorry I've done my part in losing my weight without the help of any diet programs. Hater? Ha. I've managed to lose HALF my body size & look nowhere near my age of 37. Hater? Ha. Seems as though the haters are the ones who defended a COMMENT I am allowed to make that didn't attack them at all.....

get some help ppl...... really get some help.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Take a good look at ALL of her photos, toned she is not. That would mean she is skinny fat. Oh well.... haters will hate anything you say without looking into it.....right?
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have never heard ANYONE discuss her that was't on TV. She looks great, she has had horrid life struggles, but is now wildly successful and fit. Good for her.