Why Does Everyone Hate on Jennifer Hudson?

Options

Replies

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Well, it does help if you live in the middle of BFT and don't watch TV, FitnessSocial. She's very pretty, Tiggerrick, but I HAD never seen her.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

Not a dumb *kitten* but you sure are catching feelings over a trivial matter. Next time when making blanket statements, I will be sure to specify the region I am talking about.

Happy now?

Catching feelings? What the heck does that mean? Happy? Yeah I was not unhappy before...

Um...*shrug*
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Not a dumb *kitten* but you sure are catching feelings over a trivial matter. Next time when making blanket statements, I will be sure to specify the region I am talking about.

Happy now?

Catching feelings? What the heck does that mean? Happy? Yeah I was not unhappy before...

Um...*shrug*
    I forgot, you're from the UK... *Inserts country translator*

[translate]You're getting upset[/translate]over a trivial matter.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Taunto: I'm really sorry about what's going on in your city - praying for peace.

Jennifer Hudson is big in the U.S., apparently not so much in other countries. She's won an Oscar and grammys so not a talentless hack, and personally I adore her voice. I think she lost weight naturally because she wasn't large enough before for surgery. People hate because they are jealous and feel bad about themselves.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

Ooooooooooh! Thanks!

Nah, not getting upset about anything, just wondered why you thought everyone was blind just as the OP thinks EVERYONE is hating on someone I have never even heard of...is all...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of anyone hating her, either.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Ooooooooooh! Thanks!

Nah, not getting upset about anything, just wondered why you thought everyone was blind just as the OP thinks EVERYONE is hating on someone I have never even heard of...is all...

I'm from the US and I didn't know who she was. Thanks for making my day by being so understanding that not everyone watches American Idol. Didn't realize that I was blind if I didn't know who every celebrity is that gets plastered here and there on billboards, commercials, etc was. Woohoo.

Anywho...so...she lost a lot of weight. That's great :) Especially because she put the work in. Sorry about her fam, though, that sucks.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I think she's beautiful either way.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Is "hate on" the same as "hate?" Sorry, American isn't my first language. I don't know who she is; did she do something bad?
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    For the same reason everyone hates on anyone else wanting to improve on themselves. Jealousy?

I mean, I don't get it. It's usually either

'Omg, she's so fat! omg unattractive! she should lose weight'

And then when she loses weight, it's

"omg, she sold out! she lost weight just because everyone else told her to! omg, so shallow/vain"

I think people just need to learn when to shut up.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Well, if the Enquirer is to be believed, this might have something to do with it -

"The first thing Jennifer Hudson did when she ran into Adele backstage at the Grammys was congratulate her on her impressive haul. The second thing she did was offer weight-loss tips, which annoyed Adele. Hudson, a Weight Watchers spokesperson, pulled Adele aside at the Grammys and offered to be her fat-fighting mentor!

A source told the Enquirer, “Jennifer congratulated Adele on her six trophies but then added, ‘I used to be heavy just like you and gosh, Weight Watchers saved my life! I can hook you up.’”

Although Adele was outwardly gracious, friends say she was seething on the inside. She huffed about Jennifer, “The nerve of that woman!” Adele has made it known she’s happy just the way she is – at 165 pounds – and doesn’t intend to diet."
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yes yes, she lost all that weight through a program that tells you there are 0 calorie foods out there & you can eat as much of them as you want...... all while keeping her boobs the same size as they were when she was fat.

Don't hate on her at all, I don't know her nor want to..... but I call bull**** when I see it.

OH & BTW..... Jennifer does not look all that stunning. Photoshop does wonders. She looks old, and more skinny fat than anything.
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Who in the heck is Jennifer Hudson?

ditto! LOL

Google is your friend, or did you guys just post because don't know anything about this thread but wanted to get in on it anyway?

Sometimes it seems they do that because they wanna increase their "posts" count. Lol
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

ditto! LOL

Google is your friend, or did you guys just post because don't know anything about this thread but wanted to get in on it anyway?

Sometimes it seems they do that because they wanna increase their "posts" count. Lol

I just wanted to offer yet another voice toward saying not EVERYONE even knows who Jennifer Hudson is, let alone is hating on her. Even after the pictures and stories, this is the first I've heard of her. I am not hip with celebrity lives and listen to the radio infrequently.
  • shaybuggie
    Options
    Is "hate on" the same as "hate?" Sorry, American isn't my first language. I don't know who she is; did she do something bad?

She didn't do anything "bad;" people are basically jealous because she lost a bunch of weight instead of being "true to herself" as they think.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I think British people are probably less likely to have heard of her? I know who she is, but I'm not aware of anyone criticising her. Whenever I've seen an article about her, it's been positive about how good she looks and how much weight she's lost. I'm English though.
  • shaybuggie
    Options

ditto! LOL

I just wanted to offer yet another voice toward saying not EVERYONE even knows who Jennifer Hudson is, let alone is hating on her. Even after the pictures and stories, this is the first I've heard of her. I am not hip with celebrity lives and listen to the radio infrequently.

I wasn't saying that if you don't know her you're not hip, or that you have to "know" the same famous people I "know" or anything of the sort. I'm not talking bad about anyone that doesn't watch TV or know specific movies she's played in or if they've never watched an episode of American Idol or ANYTHING of the sort. If you don't "know" her then there's no reason to "hate" her for her achievement. I understand that. All I'm saying is....

*deep breath*

Never mind. I'm not "mad" at anyone or talking noise for having their opinion, or lack thereof, of this subject. I was just youtubing and one of her songs poped up as a suggested vid. The subject came to me from that. This is really an old topic that I thought I'd rehash because I love her and her work.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

ditto! LOL

Now posts to increase her post by +1 because it isn't like I try to contribute or genuinely ask questions. Now, I must increase to rule the world..mwahahahahaha
  • shaybuggie
    Options
    So, uh, how about them *insert favorite sports team here*

e.g.: How bout them Texans?
  • shaybuggie
    Options

ditto! LOL

Now posts to increase her post by +1 because it isn't like I try to contribute or genuinely ask questions. Now, I must increase to rule the world..mwahahahahaha

You're doing a great job at that, lol ;-)