What are you eating for Christmas?

Options
1235»

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Ham, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, cheesey potatoes, corn, stuffing, and choice of blueberry or cherry cheesecake (maybe both!)
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    All the Jameson....

and now Captain and Coke....
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Nothing special actually.

Breakfast-eggs
    Lunch-beans in a wrap
    Dinner-Fish
  • Falsedisillusion
    Options
    Breakfast-- Gala Apple
    Lunch-- Protein shake and 2 oz of almonds
    Dinner- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Cesar salad and another Gala Apple

Snack--- Maybe a couple Christmas cookies
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Cooking my husbands requests for the day. Biscuits with tomato gravy for breakfast & eggs. Red Beans with conecuh sausage over rice & cornbread for dinner. Can you tell I am from south Louisiana? We went to my Moms last week and had the traditional cornbread dressing so today is just for him. Tomorrow, I am back on my low carb plan and hopefully nothing else involving major eating until Valentines!
    I just love this! What an awesome southern bell!
    So far I've had Reece's pieces and diet coke for breakfast. I'm looking forward to some Shoo Fly Pie this afternoon with the family. Merry Christmas y'all! Enjoy!

Thanks, I hope you had a great day. We have !
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Cooking my husbands requests for the day. Biscuits with tomato gravy for breakfast & eggs. Red Beans with conecuh sausage over rice & cornbread for dinner. Can you tell I am from south Louisiana? We went to my Moms last week and had the traditional cornbread dressing so today is just for him. Tomorrow, I am back on my low carb plan and hopefully nothing else involving major eating until Valentines!

Not heard of tomato gravy. My husband is big on chocolate gravy on biscuits, or sour cream/sugar on biscuits. And of course wilted lettuce.

However we are having spagetti as my teen works in a few hours. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast. It's a tradition.

Love spaghetti too and I know about chocolate gravy. Most folks think it would be greasy but ours is like choc. sauce for ice cream. The tomato gravy is a traditional roux of flour & oil, browned until caramel color, then add tomatoes, salt & pepper & water & let it cook until it loses the pasty flour taste. It can be seasoned with onions & bell peppers & served for a dinner meal over rice or creamed potatoes with meatballs or meatloaf. I came from a large family & Mom fed us lots of biscuits & gravy!